Start by marking “The Dragon Hunters (The Iron Dragon, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dragon Hunters (The Iron Dragon, #2)

The Dragon Hunters

(The Iron Dragon #2)

The last of an order of dragon hunters must track down the dragon king’s daughter and stop her from getting the Crystal Eye, an ancient artifact that will cause the destruction of their world.

An expert crossbowman, Drake of Cliffton, guides his companions to a wizard’s tower where they hope to discover the location of the secret lair of Draglûne, the dragon king. What they
Published May 1st 2009 by Five Star (ME)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon Hunters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon Hunters

Start your review of The Dragon Hunters (The Iron Dragon, #2)
Michael Glassford
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I remember my first airplane trip. I pushed up the plastic window cover with my pudgy hand and watched as the world dropped away. In an instant we left everything I new behind and soared through the skies. Reading The Dragon Hunters, by Paul Genesse (Book two of the Iron Dragon Series), reminded me of that experience.

Genesse has created an amazing fantasy world filled with fascinating characters, deadly forests, and dangerous skies. Instead of staying in the realm of the familiar that he has so
Lawrence
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
++++
7am approx.
Shaun Duke
May 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
The Dragon Hunters is the sequel to Paul Genesse's surprising hit The Golden Cord and the second book in his Iron Dragon series. It follows Drake and his two Drobin companions, Thor and Bellor, as they continue their journey to find Bellor's lost brethren and destroy Draglune, an ancient and dangerous dragon foe, once and for all. But as they travel they discover that some parts of the world are not as they should be: Drobin cities are responding to resistance against their rule with genocide wh ...more
Daniel Yocom
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Starting off, I will say I enjoyed The Dragon Hunters because of the unique perspective of fantasy races and setting. There is more to the book, and the series, but the feel is refreshing.

The second installment of The Iron Dragon series, The Dragon Hunters, by Paul Genesse start where The Golden Cord finishes. The story picks up like you're moving on to the next chapter. It is a continuation of the story, not just an installment of what the characters are doing.

The story moves along with Drake,
E.A.
Mar 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
THE DRAGON HUNTERS by Paul Genesse kept my attention from beginning to end. I thought I knew what was going to happen, but I was pleasantly surprised with how everything fit together. I am growing more attached to characters from THE GOLDEN CORD, but I also enjoyed the new characters that we met in this story.

Though the idea behind the book is fairly straightforward, kill the king of the dragons, the other plot elements intertwined are very intriguing. The rift between the dwarves and the human
Patrick
May 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is book two in my friend Paul's series. It's a really neat story with mean twists, a fast pace, and tons of action. It also sneaks in some sharp commentaries about how cultures get along and what motivates people to do what they do. I'm very proud of Paul, and I hope this one is a hit for him. If you enjoy stories about stalwart heroes doing their best under adverse conditions, this is going to be one you'll want to check out. This installment of the Iron Dragon series really broadens and d ...more
Joe Slavinsky
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Okay, book 2 was much better than "The Golden Cord". It still has more melodrama than I like, but the pace was much better, with lots more action. Despite the fact that there was an overabundance of our little group of "companions" individually being brought back to life after dying, or nearly so, in battle, somewhat pushing the envelope on "willing suspension of belief", I look forward to the next volume.
Steve Smith
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading The Dragon Hunters by Paul Genesse. It's a great read. Genesse has taken the time to develop strong characters and a strong story line. The emotional conflict is real and intense. This is an excellent sequel to his first book. It continues the conflict between the creatures of the void and the land dwellers. Follow Drake, the Drobin, and the wizard on their adventure to find Draglune.

I highly recommend this novel to one and all.
Heather Babinsky
Jul 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It was a true thriller. I felt involved with each character. I wanted to know more behind their emotions, actions, and choices. I love the take on slavery (loved the whole dwarf cutting humans legs before anything else so they'd be shorter), racial issues, mixing of religions and how religions can be so similar but misunderstood, and so much more. I would recommend this to anyone, not just "fantasy" readers.
Lynette White
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book two of the Iron Dragon series takes the three companions on a treacherous series of adventures. As they close in on their quarry two more join their quest. Fantastic book. The entire Iron Dragon series is a must have for any fantasy reader.
Chris
Oct 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
I enjoyed this book equally or possibly better than the first book in this series. I think that Paul has really gotten into stride with this series and I am eagerly looking forward to the next installment.
Heather
Feb 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great plot, great characters. A bit more graphic than I like, though, in the love scenes.
Kate
Sep 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
I started out loving this series, but throwing in an unnecessary love scene with an unpleasant minor character? Not cool.
Garrett
Feb 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first book!

Kept me reading until late and when I should have been grading papers instead.
Mary
Apr 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Nicely composed.
Dameon Cox
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Again, Paul brings together characters, action and locals in a page-turner
Benjamin
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
It's a great fantasy adventure novel and I love the setting. I just feel that the characterization wasn't quite as good as book 1, but I am very excited for book 3.
Thom
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a phenomenal book. I can't wait for volume three to arrive. Sorry, I'd share but my copy is autographed.
Arun Elias
Feb 19, 2012
Bomber916
Aug 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • Skeleton with a Heart (Death Knight #1)
  • Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
  • The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1)
  • Possessor of the Heart (Death Knight #2)
  • Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
  • A Skeleton and a Lich (Death Knight #3)
  • The Legacy (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #7)
  • Starless Night (Forgotten Realms: Legacy of the Drow, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #8)
  • The Summer Dragon (The Evertide, #1)
  • A Little Hatred (The Age of Madness, #1)
  • Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)
  • Kill the Farm Boy (The Tales of Pell, #1)
  • A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic, #1)
  • Unfettered II: New Tales By Masters of Fantasy (Unfettered, #2)
  • Transitions: The Art of Todd Lockwood
A toy castle is what sent Paul Genesse over the edge and into madness. Dragons and castles gave him reason to live from elementary school through college at Northern Arizona University. He loved his English classes, but pursued his other passion and earned a bachelor’s degree in Nursing Science in 1996. He’s a registered nurse in a cardiac unit where he works the night shift keeping the forces of ...more

The Iron Dragon (5 books)
  • The Golden Cord (The Iron Dragon, #1)
  • The Secret Empire (The Iron Dragon, #3)
  • The Crystal Eye (The Iron Dragon, #4)
  • The Iron Brotherhood (The Iron Dragon, #5)