Start by marking “Brazen (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #6)” as Want to Read:
Brazen (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #6)

Brazen (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion #6)

It's a sultry July night, and Wild Bill is content. It's deliciously warm outside, the fireworks are about to start, a whole pint of freshly-tapped blood is on the menu, and his boyfriend hasn't murdered anyone in months. Too bad Bill's contentment isn't shared by Michael, who's tired of his own lack of experience. He hints that a new lover in their bed might broaden his h ...more
Published February 6th 2009 by Changeling Press

To ask other readers questions about Brazen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brazen

Shurrn
Explosives, Threesomes, and Confessions...
Mikey and me, we were living in our own little vacuum of blood and sex and vampire love.
Well, book six in the Channeling Morpheus series certainly started out with a bang - that is to say, a fourth of July fireworks display and a bit of public sex...

Bill holds the POV of this story and he's become a little more introspective as the series continues. He really is a fabulous character, and it's always a pleasure to get into his brain.

Michael is settli
Marte
Jun 05, 2014 Marte rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marte by: ✰ Marco Manganiello ✰
Hit it Bradley Cooper! Yeah, throw this crap away!

How can it go from the best of the series (previous book) to this crap?!

This was the worst threesome I have ever read, and that's saying a lot coming from me. I usually like them if they are well done. This.was.not! I have now painfully discovered that threesomes can be a hit or miss. This definitely was a miss. Gah! It came so suddenly, it was awkward and...and... Gah! I shiver to shake the bad feeling it left me with.

The other books have been
Rosa, really

Okay, the (view spoiler) in this, the 6th novella in the series, does make sense to me. After all, that's the way the series started. It's interesting to see how Michael and Wild Bill have changed as individuals and a couple. It's well done.

Still...

I DON'T FUCKING LIKE IT. It's not my favorite thing is any book and it makes me grumpy in general. I would've skimmed it but I was afraid of missing important character development. I kinda resent it for that. On the other ha
Kat is a Glitter Pirate ☠

Yes, Brazen shed light on the regret and guilt Wild Bill feels during his "confession" - and don't get me wrong, that was totally fascinating.

But Brazen also had Wild Bill & Mikey taking part in a threeseome.
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3.5 Stars

I can kinda see the point of what happens here - doesn't mean I like it. I am somewhat mollified because for the guys, it made them realize that they don't need anyone else but each other. Still...

Things are a-changing, especially as Michael reconsiders his mission in life, as well as his ever evolving new chemical makeup.

Love Bill's vulerability here as well… "I was a giant turning fork, and he was the note that had just bent up to meet my quivering harmonic."
Heather C
Loved this one, too! I was really nervous about the ménage scene, but I was really happy to see that Wild Bill was probably even more nervous than me. It was a lot different than the one in the first book and also reveals so much about their relationship and how they both have changed. Plus it was hot! Poor Damien was so terrified, I was worried that Wild Bill was going to vamp-out on him for doing what he did.

Need more Wild Bill and Mikey NOW!
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Nov 01, 2010 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it really liked it
This first book of the Sweet Oblivion series is the continuation of the Channeling Morpheus series: there are the same main characters, the vampire Wild Bill and the human Goth Michael, and they're still traveling the country in their van. They are also on a mission to educate people and vampires on how to prevent the transmission of vampirism.

In this book Wild Bill is the narrator and he is really Michael-smitten. The way he looks at him shows how much he is in love with Michael, he is so taken
Mare SLiTsReaD Reviews
I gotta say - usually I'm too jelly to read menages. I find no one ends up happy. But. This one worked somehow- someway
I think if I was bill I would have killed Damien right at the end
And I love bill
OMG do I ever love bill ❤
I want him
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
By far the worse or the series just blah!
Cole Riann
Review posted at Brief Encounters Reviews.

*Contains Spoilers for anyone who hasn’t read the previous books in the Channeling Morpheus series*

Brazen is the sixth story in the series (previously the first in the Sweet Oblivion series) and we start the story on the 4th of July at a backwoods town in Missouri at a fireworks show. Michael and Bill have had some shocks in the first half of the series, most importantly to this story, that Michael is indeed changing, though not into a vampire. He’s form
Jordan Price
Aug 11, 2012 Jordan Price marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Apr 24, 2015 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Me no likey. I know that there was a deep meaning to all of it but no, no, no.

JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 08, 2012 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, vampire, ebook
I absolutely love the alternating point of views in this series. I think it has played a huge part in my connecting with these characters. I really can't decide who I like hearing from more. First I think it is Wild Bill, then I read Michael and feel the same about him.

This time, we hear from Wild Bill. I love how their relationship continues to grow and evolve with each installment. Both of them also continue to make discoveries about themselves and their issues - Bill with his guilt and unhapi
Kaje Harper
Nov 19, 2013 Kaje Harper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michael is trying to figure out what is happening in his relationship with Bill and within himself. Bill is trying to keep Michael safe and happy. I really felt for Bill in this one - he's so into Michael that he's willing to adjust his own preferences to make it work for Michael. But Michael is also struggling with a situation he never expected to be in.
Christy Duke
I warned you, didn't I? I'm tearing through this series. You'll see, though, when you read it. Once you get started, they're impossible to put down. At least for me. Jordan Castillo Price knows her way around the gritty, the dark, the things that go bump in the night. She never pretties anything up. She leaves it just as it should be. Real. No holds barred.

It's July now and Michael has convinced Wild Bill that it's safer for him to take blood from donors via phlebotomy. One great thing about tha
Sofia
Rating for the whole series.

I shouldn't have worried before starting this. It worked. Our tortured hero is still very much tortured and still smoking, no worries. (view spoiler)
Bookwatcher
My thoughts about it:
1) nice menage scene
2) still enjoying Mike and Wild Bill
3) still wish there are more plot and less sex

yes shoot me people... I know, it's an erotic short story series BUT I really wish more plot because (example) 40 or the 50 pages are the sex scene, and not plot development.

I can't take stars because of it. It's a erotic story, so obviously I KNOW there should be sex... but (again, sorry the repetition) even knowing it's erotic I was hoping it would have more plot.
Elsbeth
description
Julesmarie
Jun 09, 2012 Julesmarie rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, vampires
Man, these two are KILLING me! I want them to be happy so badly! As much as I've ever wished for a fictional character to be happy, I wish it for these two, but they seem just determined to not let themselves get there. And this is the first time I've wondered if at least one of them won't let the other be happy either.

So, (view spoiler) I have a confession: (and this may be letting my nerd-flag fly a little too freely, but whatevs) in my head, Wild Bill
Elisa Rolle
Sweet Oblivion is the new continuing series in the adventures of goth boy Michael and his vampire lover Wild Bill. At the beginning of this relationship, Michael was the pursuer and Wild Bill the fugitive man: Michael young and naive was fascinated by Wild Bill, a vampire not so old for vampire standards, but old enough to hold a fascination on barely legal Michael. But Wild Bill knew that Michael was not the daring man he wanted to project, Michael was almost a child playing with his parents dr ...more
Mel
May 25, 2010 Mel rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, e-book
Brazen is the first book in the Sweet Oblivion series, which in turn is a continuation of the Channeling Morpheus series: a collection of erotic horror stories starring a hot vampire who's much sweeter than he acts and a boy in eye liner who's much tougher than he looks.

We got another Wild Bill POV with this story and boy: do I love him! His cynicism and bluntness are a riot, his dry observations are dead on and hilarious. But what I like most about reading in Bill's POV is that we get to see j
Trix
It wasn't quite what I expected. True, I didn't read the blurb, so it was anybody's guess what the installment would contain.

Lauraadriana
Feb 22, 2011 Lauraadriana rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Lauraadriana by: Bdbaficionada
Still loving Vampire Bill's Wild Ride...Oh yeah...Michael and Bill are still so hot together it melts you from the insides, too hot, too good, too much...I'm not in the threesomes usually...BUT HOLY HELL!!

I love the stories from Bill's POV best, I love how he loves Michael and that vulnerability that comes out just slays me...and seeing Michael through Bill's eyes...*sighs* Takes my breath away.

Michael is dangerously close to doing something to break Bill's heart...scary thought, still gonna rea
Julia
May 04, 2010 Julia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampires, m-m, favorites
Okay, in general I avoid vampire stories. Not because I don't think they're hot, but because I rarely find one that is well written enough for me to give up reality. This was just incredible. Bill is a snarky, sweet vampire and his boyfriend Michael is beyond lovable. It's laugh out loud funny in places, incredibly hot and oddly sweet. Needless to say, I'm going back and starting at the beginning of the series with Payback
Sadonna
Jan 16, 2012 Sadonna rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, mm
This is not my favorite of the Wild Bill and Michael stories. Not sure why really - except that I thought that whole Damian thing was just a bit distracting. I didn't get the motivation of Michael asking for a threesome. I love Wild Bill's voice in these stories - he's world-weary and snarky and obviously over the moon for Michael since he's basically willing to do whatever Michael asks for to keep him happy. I'll be interested to see what happens in the next installment.
Alby Krebs
Apr 02, 2012 Alby Krebs marked it as to-read
"It's deliciously warm outside, the fireworks are about to start, a whole pint of freshly-tapped blood is on the menu, and his boyfriend hasn't murdered anyone in months." Looks like I'll have to start a new series. Who could resist that little tidbit?
Jess
Jan 28, 2012 Jess rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short, shmexy, vamp, m-m-m
this one was from Wild Bills POV and I loved it :)

we not only got to see some sexy m/m/m action but there was more character development, especially with michael.

LOVE JCPs writing :)
Lala
That threesome was an epic fail. Seriously.

Not your best idea, Mikey! I hope you won't repeat the mistake)
Olga
Oct 06, 2012 Olga rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I love Bill's POVs. And I love m/m/m! Oh. Muh. Guh!
Ana
Mar 23, 2017 Ana rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This is not my favorite. I enjoyed some part of it but there was something that didn’t allowed me to like it as the previous books in the series.

I think it the issue might be I felt like the plot wasn’t going anywhere. Other than a really hot hookup there wasn’t much going on here. Sure the ending made it up because, at least for me, it was very intriguing, but in general I lost interest in the story very fast, although not in the whole series, I will keep reading the next ones.

Something that I
Jordan Castillo P...: Brazen (Channeling Morpheus #6) 6 7 Jul 04, 2014 10:54AM
  • Immortality is the Suck (Adam & Peter, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Soul Mates, #3)
  • My Heart is Within You (Triquetra, #1)
  • Critic's Choice (Petit Morts, #9)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
  • Notturno (The Hours Trilogy #1)
  • Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #2)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • Ink
  • Irregulars
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Payback (Channeling Morpheus, #1)
  • Vertigo (Channeling Morpheus,  #2)
  • Manikin (Channeling Morpheus, #3)
  • Heaven Sent (Channeling Morpheus, #3.1)
  • Tainted (Channeling Morpheus, #4)
  • Rebirth (Channeling Morpheus, #5)
  • Snare (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #7)
  • Fluid (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #8)
  • Swarm (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #9)
  • Elixir (Channeling Morpheus/Sweet Oblivion, #10)

“Renfield, my ass. What I had on my hands was a Van Helsing.” 8 likes