Start by marking “Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)” as Want to Read:
Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)

Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires #5)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  42,552 Ratings  ·  1,109 Reviews
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then along comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.
Published July 10th 2009 by Allison & Busby (first published December 17th 2008)

Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤

Basically, this series is my life right now. Ahhh Shane....my baby ♥ Here are some quotes from the book that either made my heart melt, cracked me up, or just made me fall harder for Shane and Claire :P

"Hope you like the underwear you have on; I didn’t go through your drawers.”
“Afraid it might get you all turned on?” Shane asked from over her shoulder.
“Please say yes.” He grabbed a pair of his own jeans from the pile. “And please stay out of my closet.”
Eve gave him the finger. “If you’re wor
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
This is yet another book I would’ve enjoyed more had I continued right away. Alas, I’m grateful for the few subtle drop-in reminders of events in previous books to get me back up to speed for the rest of the series (which I’m planning to continue in a timely manner). I’m always impressed at Caine’s writing and thinks she has some of the better-developed characters in the genre. I know every time I pick up a Morganville book I’m going to be entertained. The storyline for Lord of Misrule specifica ...more
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3 Call To Arms Stars

The thing to do before your 17 year old birthday? Why, fight a war between vampires. Or is it vampires and humans? Or humans and humans? It seems like no one knows these days in Morganville since everyone has their own agenta.

Mr. Bishop is fighting to take Morganville from Amelie. Amelie is fighting to keep her Moranville safe, humans are fighting to take over the town from the vampires. And where does this leave our friends from the Glass House? Right in the middle of the wh
Jen
Finally gave this one some attention after a few years!!! It wasn't the writing that made me lose interest, more that my tastes have changed in what I read. One day I may continue on with the Morganville series but for now I will put it on hold!!!

It is a great young adult series though, especially if you are into vampires!!!
Alkyoni

Wartime in Morganville. Those siding with the vampires, go to the left. Those siding with the humans, go to the right. Those siding with both races, go to the Glass House. Oh, and there's a tornado on the way according to the weather forecast, do take cover.

What a lovely mess this book was. Parts of the plot make no sense at all, inconsistencies can be found from the second page and on (do fix that Morganville, it really is a shame) but it was still awesome.

The more I read this series, the more
Celeste
Jun 26, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
This was a mess. But it was supposed to be a mess. In the aftermath of events from the preceding book, Morganville has lost its mind and is going to hell in a hand basket. The town has split into factions, and Claire and the gang are caught in the middle, trying to ride out the chaos and protect those they care about. There are crazy plot twists and betrayals and a lot left unexplained. I felt just as confused and frustrated and tired as Claire had to be as I read, which speaks highly of Caine’s ...more
Anzu The Great Destroyer
So it’s another three-star rating from my side. I was hoping Lord of Misrule will finally be THE five-star Morganville book, but it seems like we’re back to the “could have been so much better” state.

I have no idea what went wrong with this book. It had a pretty good, yet weird, start but by the end things got confusing and messed up. There are a bunch of characters that grew even more in my eyes, Claire, Shane and most importantly Myrnin. Michael and Eve were still great but I feel like I didn’
Brittany
I first read this series last summer on ebook, so obviously I was very eager to read the next installment. And I was not disapointed.

Lord of misrule starts where it left off in Feast of fools. There's a war going on and everyone is choosing sides. The humans are revolting against the vampires and there's a storm coming. Literally.

This is by far the best book in the series with the worst cliff hanger I find myself wanting to pull my hair out until the next one comes out in June.
Tink Magoo is bad at reviews

Book 5 and I'm still not bored of rereading this series. This book had quite a lot of action going on with Bishop terrorising the town and the group trying to stay together and safe. Of course, my favourite parts are still with Myrnin. He is bonkers but you can also see he genuinely cares for Claire and I love him oddities and all.

Oh, and not to forget the pencil stake stabbing, that was ridiculous but bad ass.
Shae
Jan 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well that was a giant disappointment. I was expecting something a lot different and maybe a book that didn't feel like a chapter of a larger book. The cliffhanger ending to these books drives me insane. I don't know if I'll bother to read the other books in the series when they come out. Claire is also a bit boring and I still can't see her motivations for jumping into every single problem.
Elena Love
Jan 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow...so, i was really sad and disappointed about the ending...Claire working for bishop???i mean come on people that's unacceptable...I was so angry and Michael, was such an ass...his behavior was wrong and if he betrays his friends in the other books...not that he hasn't done it yet but it's like his under someone's control...and Mr. Bishop is the most cruel character I've ever read about in a book...I wanted to stake him right in the heart alright metaphorically speaking...and Myrnin???omg hi ...more
Nic
Wow, I just finished and I can't believe what just happened.

Morganville has gotten to be a even scarier place to live in. In this book all hell has broken lose in Morganville with the war between Bishop and Ameile. It was another fast paced read with so many twist and turns that took me completely by suprise. And the ending, I was in shock.

I love the Claire and Shane moments in this book. It was nice to see the sweet side of Shane. All the characters were outstanding as always.

Read this serie
Arlene
What in the bloody vampires just happened??!! I knew as I had only five pages left something seriously out of control was going to occur, but I didn’t see that coming! INSANE! Myrnin oh Myrnin you’ve strangled my heart with a surgeon’s gentle touch! GAH!!!! I seriously gasped, and I am still in shock!

Lord of Misrule is book five of the Morganville Vampire series, and by far the most action packed of them all. I actually have a small headache after reading right through this book in a few short h
Mina
Oct 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
All the morganville books are peices of perfection. When I started reading this book however, I never got the same action and thrill as the other books. It was a bit slow paced for me.

BUT, as I explored more of Cain's story, I got into whatever was happening. Everything comes crashing down as the war between Amelie and Bishop continued. Basically, out of control! There was a vast amount of action in the book maknig me want to read more and more.

As always, some kind of romance is shown. Claire's
Stephanie (Stepping out of the Page)
Once again, a really great read. This book was much more action packed and eventful than the other books. Though I wasn't extremely compelled at the beginning of this book as the characters were apart, as they grouped together and the events progressed, the book became absolutely thrilling. This one was certainly action-packed and brought the series onto another level. Though I sometimes dislike lots of action as the fast pace can be hard to focus on, this one wasn't too hard to follow - it simp ...more
Carrie
Dec 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
Lord of Misrule is the fifth book in the Morganville Vampire series. Picking up after the ending of book four, Claire and her friends are still dealing with the new evil vampire in town, Bishop. There's a huge uprising going on and a storm threatens the town.

I have to say this might be my favorite of the series so far. It felt as if the action that was missing from the last book ended up added into this book. Something constantly going on which makes for more exciting reading.

I do find that th
Nicola
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of YA vampire books
This one was amazing. It's full of tension and suspense and it was literally impossible to put down. The war has started, and the vampires and humans find themselves working together to defeat a common enemy. It started off a bit slow, but once all the characters were back together, it was excellent. The plot has become quite complex, and there are so many characters to keep track of, but it wasn't hard to follow. The ending was scary, and not what I expected, so I'm hoping it changes in the nex ...more
Alaina Meserole
“That's it? That's your big goodbye?" Eve asked.
Claire looked at Eve mystified. "I think I need guy CliffNotes."
"Guys aren't deep enough to need CliffNotes."
"What were you waiting for, flowery poetry?" Shane snorted. "I hugged. I'm done.”

WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST READ?!?!

I have no words. I'm going through a shit ton of emotions right now.

(view spoiler)
Suzanne
I like this series but Claire is just annoyingly naïve to the point that it can be difficult to get into the books. I will continue the series but a book this size is a normal one day read for me, yet I just have trouble staying amused long enough to read it quickly.
Andrea
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-read
Wow damn. This definitely kept the action up from Book 4. I have no idea how everyone will get out of this shit hole they've dug themselves into. I'm honestly scared for book 6 just a little. This and Midnight Alley are my favorites so far. I hope the next books will keep this up.
Fangs for the Fantasy
All out war is now tearing through Morganville. Bishop and Amelie have gathered their forces and their factions and are feinting against each other in an underground conflict that could literally tear the town apart.

Parts of the town are burning, others in ruin. Refugees are flooding to the few safe spaces and among them many humans are finally seeing a chance to throw off vampire control and are lashing out and rioting in rage. But not all of their anger is directed against the vampires – human
Tabitha (Lovely Books Blog)
Read more reviews like this at http://lovelybooksblog.blogspot.com!

I've always been a huge fan of the Morganville Vampire's series. Each installment is a short, quick read and they all read like one continuous novel since each one picks up right where the last left off. I picked up my first Morganville book 6 years ago and even though so much as changed since then I still love this series and I just can't recommend it enough to fans of YA fiction. With action, excitement, and romance this series
Karin
Be aware that you will need to read the other books in the series in order to fully understand the world of the Morganville Vampire Series.

Glass Houses
Dead Girls’ Dance
Midnight Alley
Feast of Fools
Lord of Misrule

LORD OF MISRULE picks up right where FEAST OF FOOLS leaves off. Bishop is in town and Morganville is on fire. Vampires are choosing sides and the humans are using the confusion to rally together and try for a take over themselves. Claire, Shane, Michael, and Eve have their hands full and
Emily Ross
This was not as engaging as the previous novel. It was kinda difficult to follow, which made it less interesting. It also felt like the entire book, minus a few parts and the ending, was suffering from a lull. There were quite a few inconsistencies that were glaringly obvious, which just adds to the feel that this book was a mess. The plot was confusing and jumpy, there were inconsistencies and it read like the author was suffering writers block.

That being said, I still love the vampires, especi
Sophie *Ninja Rapunzel*
i love how Shane and Michael are getting along again- they are so cute, always hugging wen they are meant to be shaking hands like guys!! >.<
Myrninn... u laways end up forgiving him and liking him and trusting him- but then he always goes and breaks that trust straight away.. but he always seems to hav a back up or a plan- i wonder wat his plan is this time
i love how the four of them- Claire, Shane, Michael and Eve all stick together even tho they are scared and really dont want to go ahea
Vickie
Aug 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DAGNAB YOU RACHEL CAINE!!! Dagnab you to heck for being a fab writer and leaving such a hellah dangly cliffhanger!! One saving grace, I can go get #6 CARPE CORPUS sooner since I didn't read LORD OF MISRULE until well after it came out. CARPE is on the shelves as of June so I can get relative immediate satisfaction...just have to get to the bookshop or hit the send button on the book order.
The first in the series, GLASS HOUSES, will remain my favorite, but LORD OF MISRULE is a very close second.
Amber
Jun 24, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, vampires
Wow, everything in Morganville has turned into total chaos! The war between Amelie and her evil father Bishop, has gotten a whole lot worse. I would hate to be a pawn in their game. There's a whole lot of crazy going on.

Again, the characters are stunning. The snarky remarks and the lust between them has grown and developed. There are so many moments that will have you thrown off your path of "I know how this is going to end".

Another entertaining installment to this series!

Love this quote in th
This book was so much better than the one before it, which I am really pleased about!
This one did start out quite slowly, and I did worry that it was going to be as boring as book 4, but thankfully it picked up and got really good!
There was plenty of action, and some little unexpected twists, although we were left with the usualy cliff-hanger.
Overall;
8 out of 10

The end (view spoiler)
Susan
Jan 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paperback, 2009
Grrrr..

this one ends on a REALLY bad cliffhanger, kinds of like book 2 did.

I'm tempted to drive back to Texas, find Roxanne and throttle her because of this ending!

Nessa
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book, but then anything by this author usually is. Was gripped from start to finish. Loved it.

As always I love the characters in this ongoing series of books. :-)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • The Eternal Kiss: 13 Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire
  • Immortal: Love Stories with Bite
  • Out for Blood (Drake Chronicles, #3)
  • Stake That (Blood Coven Vampire, #2)
  • Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • Stargazer (Evernight, #2)
  • Dark Visions (Dark Visions, #1-3)

The Morganville Vampires (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1)
  • The Dead Girls' Dance (The Morganville Vampires, #2)
  • Midnight Alley (The Morganville Vampires, #3)
  • Feast of Fools (The Morganville Vampires, #4)
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Fade Out (The Morganville Vampires, #7)
  • Kiss of Death (The Morganville Vampires, #8)
  • Ghost Town (The Morganville Vampires, #9)
  • Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10)
  • Last Breath (The Morganville Vampires, #11)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Claire stretched out against the wall and kissed it. "Glad to see you, too," she whispered, and pressed her cheek against the smooth surface. It almost felt like it hugged her back.
"Dude, it's a house," Shane said from behind her. "Hug somebody who cares.”
570 likes
“Better be," Eve said. She mock-bit at his finger. "I could totally date somebody else, you know."
"And I could rent out your room."
"And I could put your game console on eBay."
"Hey," Shane protested. "Now you're just being mean.”
479 likes