Start by marking “Twitter for Dummies” as Want to Read:
Twitter for Dummies

Twitter for Dummies (Dummies)

3.52  ·  Rating details ·  157 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Twitter can boost your business and marketing efforts, and this guide shows you how Twitter, the simple-to-use microblogging service, offers immense benefits for businesses and organizations. Fire departments, political candidates, and C0EOs have used Twitter to share up-to-the-minute information. Laura Fitton, maybe better known by her Twitter handle - @Pistachio, has mor ...more
Published July 1st 2009 by For Dummies (first published June 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Twitter for Dummies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Twitter for Dummies

Twitter! - massekommunikation på 140 tegn by Natasha Friis SaxbergThe Tao of Twitter, Revised and Expanded New Edition by Mark SchaeferEngaging Students Through Social Media by Reynol JuncoUnleash the Power of Social Media Marketing by Joe Praveen SequeiraTwitterature by Alexander Aciman
Twitter
15 books — 6 voters
I Am Malala by Malala YousafzaiThink Like Zuck by Ekaterina WalterDouble Double by Cameron HeroldLove at First Click by Laurie  DavisAt Your Service by Frank Eliason
Inbound 2015
59 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Matt
Aug 12, 2017 marked it as to-read-not
A cheer for users like @realDonaldTrump. He surpassed himself with this new profile pic. His little hands are hardly noticeable. Well done, #LordDampnut!

Ivonne Rovira
My edition was released in 2009, so it was seriously out-of-date. That said, it’s still not bad for brand-new users like me. But you could probably get nearly as much from reading a how-to article in USA Today or Adweek , which you can read in a couple of minutes.
Shirley Revill
I read this book a couple of months ago and I found it really helpful at the time when I was struggling to understand Twitter.
Very easy to understand for people like me who struggle to understand anything to do with computers. Must be an age thing.

At the time I was heavily into online competitions to pass my time and won a few prizes on Twitter once I got the hang of this medium.
Nothing major with the prizes but it got quite fun being creative with 140 characters.

The problem with Twitter however
Caroline Bennett
Really good and practical. I'd been away from Twitter for three years, started a business and tried to come back to it. It was a different world and I felt quite lost. This book boosted my confidence and I've got my twitter mojo back.
Christine Bode
Jun 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Publisher: Wiley Publishing, Inc.
Released: 2009
Pages: 288
ISBN-10: 0470479914
ISBN-13: 978-0470479919
Stars: 4.0

Twitter™ for Dummies® is the second For Dummies® book I’ve read and I’ve noticed that they are all written by different authors (specialists on the subject matter), created using a formulaic outline that includes:

• an Introduction;
• a series of Parts divided into Chapters covering a wide range of subjects within the topic;
• a concluding Part called “The Part of Tens” – in this book we are
Dane Cobain
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well, despite my copy being fairly out of date, Twitter for Dummies was actually informative - a nice surprise. What's interesting about Twitter, as the authors point out, is that there's so much variety in the third party applications available that you can never know about all of them.

It was also interesting to see what people were saying about services like Bit.ly and Dropbox back in 2009 - the authors gave the then-fledgling services a glowing review and predicted great things for them in th
Trish
Feb 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Was able to connect accounts, use hashtags, add widgets, set up desktop clients, understand the business uses of Twitter. Most basic questions answered reasonably clearly. I have to admit to a prejudice against "For Dummies" books for years. It is only when I absolutely cannot find another alternative will I pick one up. However, some of them, perhaps even many of them, are done well. They are clearly written and answer the questions I need answered. Why the prejudice? Can you guess? Vanity, ah ...more
Michael
May 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wrote
Twitter is a dead simple application with dreadfully complex implications. After all, humans are complicated, and their interactions all the more subtle with arbitrary limitations; in this case, public messages of 140 characters or less. There's a tangible culture here, but only if you're willing to jump in.

This book helps you navigate the Twitter landscape and avoid common pitfalls, teaching you proper Twitter etiquette and its matching lexicon.

I know this because I co-wrote the book. Follow m
Chris
Mar 20, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I only got a few new pieces of information from this book (after manually getting the hang of it prior to reading), I was able to read the book. Although the Kindle version contains inaccurate screenshots (and info too when referring to smartphone apps) due to its age and its authors refusing to update their book yet again, I found this book to be too confusing to new Twitter users to read.
Lizette
Jan 31, 2012 rated it it was ok
This is a very comprehensive and basic book. Perhaps it was the wrong book for me, for I was interested in businesses using twitter. That was covered in chapter 10. Oh, well, the authors see twitter as vital as email (I don't share their high regard for it) and write entertaining tales and make concepts easy to grasp.
Melissa Storm
Jan 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A must, must read for anyone who hasn't yet figured out Twitter's potential to revolutionize web-based communication, especially pertinent for those who wish to build their networks and market themselves as writers, artists, or persons of business.
L.M. Elm
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self_publishing
If you're looking for a book to get an introduction into Twitter, this is the book for you. It covers the the simplest things you can do with this social media app. If you're looking for something specific such as how to use it for writing or to promote your business, look elsewhere.
Brenda Kahn
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012, informational
It was serviceable, especially if one knows nothing about Twitter. I guess I knew more than I though.
Marianne
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Somewhat helpful, but already knew most of what was included ... might be good for someone who has never used Twitter ...
Tom Guise
Jul 07, 2012 rated it liked it
So many words, about 140 characters... And I still don't get it... Ha!Ha!
It must be me...:)
Linda Cadose
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was very easy for a learner to follow. It was very helpful in learning twitter.
Tricia Schneider
Jul 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, borrowed
For someone who knows little to nothing about Twitter, this was really very helpful.
Samuel
Jan 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Because we all are Dummies at something, we just may not know yet. Easy book to start on Twitter right, before we create a disaster (very easy in the hyperspace).
Sanjay
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it
I have read better books in Dummies series.
Djuna
Very informative
Aauvi House
Jan 24, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: networking
A very basic book. Not a lot of food for thought. A bit disappointing. Many of my Twitter questions that inspired me to purchase the book were never answered.
Laurie Holding
Jun 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Twitter for people who aren't even Dummies yet. Waste of time for anyone who has even tweeted once.
Gary
Mar 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Actually, I read the "mini" edition that I bought on my Nook for $.99. Still not a bad intro to Twitter especially for a Dummy such as myself. At least, it helped make some sense of the medium.
Klf Barrett
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Too old, twitter has updated too many times!
Larry Hord
Jun 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I must be hopelessly stupid 'cause this book for dummies didn't help me at all.
Bill Powers
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good overview
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
In today's fast-moving technology 2009 is a bit out of date. Some good info, but I need a newer book.
PWRL
  • Social Media Marketing for Dummies
  • Eat Smart, Walk Strong: The Secrets to Effortless Weight Loss
  • Snow Crystals
  • Modern Perl
  • The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
  • Plug Your Book: Online Book Marketing for Authors, Book Publicity Through Social Networking
  • The Complete Dog Book
  • Unleashing the Killer App: Digital Strategies for Market Dominance

Dummies (1 - 10 of 717 books)
  • Mindfulness for Dummies

• The Millionaire Fastlane
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Training the Mind and Cultivating Loving-Kindness
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Jesus > Religion: Why He Is So Much Better Than Trying Harder, Doing More, and Being Good Enough
  • The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
    $9.99 $3.49
  • Forty Autumns: A Family's Story of Courage and Survival on Both Sides of the Berlin Wall
    $11.99 $1.99