Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom: CIG to Celtic Wisdom” as Want to Read:
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom: CIG to Celtic Wisdom

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom: CIG to Celtic Wisdom

A comprehensive look at Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and continental Celtic traditions, both Pagan and Christian, this guide includes the Celtic approach to shamanism, fairies, Wicca, neopaganism, magic, and Druidism. It draws a map for today's Celtic quest, with the way of the pilgrim, honor of one's ancestors, and the language and culture. Exploring the Celtic universe-gods a ...more
Published May 6th 2003 by Alpha

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Celtic Wisdom

Jean
Mar 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After many years of trying to find a religion which resonated with me, I realized I was a Pagan. I can recall a past life living in Ireland, and a clairvoyant friend told me I was persecuted for being one of the last Pagans when Christianity came there.

I also wanted to learn more of my Irish heritage. These Idiot's Guides vary, some are informative and interesting. This one had a lot of information, and I want to write an article about it. But the writer was very dry and I was bored with the bo
Rebecca
Aug 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mythology
Among the to-do lists I’m working on clearing out at the moment, one of them is my collection of reading lists. Yes, I have so many books I want to read that I actually have them sorted out by topic and/or source to make picking through them easier. One of them is a list of books on Celtic spirituality, since I’ve felt for a long time that my own path was headed that direction.

The first book I was able to find off this list was The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Celtic Wisdom. Had I discovered this b
Maya
Oct 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celtic-oriented
This book is a great book that gives an introduction to the different styles of Celtic Spirituality. It presents the essence of ancient culture and suggests its applications in today's world.

It has down-to-earth profiles of the druids, bards, seers, and other wisdom-keepers. It has excellent advice on how to incorporate the Celtic Wisdom into your own life.

The book has a short history of the Celtic nations, their mythology and lore and it has it in a way that is easy to understand and digest.

Thi
Linda
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celtic-studies
A very simple-to-understand book full of good and accurate information about the Celtic path. I highly recommend this book to people starting out and wanting to learn more about the druids or the Iron-age celts.
Lizzi
Nov 12, 2012 rated it liked it
useful
Andy Lawless
Nov 12, 2011 marked it as to-read
Shelves: to-be-purchased
They have the wrong cover displayed for this book
Barbara Neznek
Mark Woodland
rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Carl McColman writes about the spiritual life, covering topics like mysticism (The Big Book of Christian Mysticism), contemplative prayer (Answering the Contemplative Call), monastic spirituality (Befriending Silence), Celtic traditions (An Invitation to Celtic Wisdom), Paganism (The Complete Idiot's Guide to Paganism), and Wicca (When Someone You Love is Wiccan).

He is also a blogger (www.patheos.