Start by marking “Resurrection” as Want to Read:
Resurrection

Resurrection

(Resurrection #1)

A FREE novella-length paranormal thriller

Jay Frances can resurrect the dead. One touch is all it takes to restore life to even long-since cold flesh. Jay has always considered this ability more of a curse than a gift -- that is, until the night he finds JoBeth Montgomery brutally murdered in a darkened stairwell and raises her.

Jo is the first he is able to restore fully,
ebook
Published 2008

To ask other readers questions about Resurrection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resurrection

Robin
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
It began gripping enough, but lacking in character development, although a "quick-read" would like to have had a little more background on mains. Given that, had the perp picked out at "hello"... once the duplicate was introduced, it was a predictable inevitability. The only other option she left to the imagination from there was to, at the reveal, introduce an unknown, which would have completely derailed the entire work. The mistake was in making the two men nearly identical, and centrally loc ...more
Stacy-Deanne Stacy-Deanne
NOTE:My review is based on the novella.

This was an okay read. It's entertaining but kind of lacking as a mystery and thriller. I think Sara could have pumped it up much more in some parts and put in more excitement to keep you on your toes. The plot was cliche and kind of botchy in some parts. The romance between Jo and Jay wasn't that believable. Sara apologizes about her lack of law enforcement knowledge and even though I feel she did good enough with it, her detectives weren't very convincin
Kellie Ann
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Jay Frances has a special gift that allows him to resurrect the day. After Christmas shopping for his daughter, Emma, Jay discovers the body of a young woman, Jobeth Montgomery, in the parking garage. She had been repeatly stabbed and what looked like violated. Unable to control his special gift, Jay resurrected Jo. Unknowingly to Jay he wasnt the only one to witness his special gift. Now there is someone after Jay and his family that is willing to do anything just to see what Jay is capable of ...more
Peggysue
May 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book. I couldn't put it down. The book centers on the gift of one man. When he smells blood/death he has an uncontrollable earge to touch the dead which brings the person back to life. In the past when the touch has taken him over the person that was brought back was basically turned into a veggitable that ends up being institutionalized that is until he touched Joebeth. She returned from the dead perfectly normal but with no real memory of what happened. Her killer saw this gif ...more
Jeanna
Another free ebook for my nook - a fast read. It was good - but not mind blowingly great! It could have been more of a thriller and I think Reinke changed some things and has another edition, but I haven't checked it out. I also read the sequel, Eye of the Storm, which I liked much better - it definitely had a creeper quality that Resurrection was lacking.
Robert Lovell
Oct 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
Sara Reinke is a fairly good story teller. I say this because I hesitantly recommend this book.
I am no prude; however, there are at least two VERY detailed sex scenes in this book. For me, they detracted from the story.
However, with those two sections removed, this is an excellent story. Well written, page turner, entertaining.
As I said before, I recommend this book hesitantly.
Autumn Higgins
Free Nook book. It was entertaining and suspenseful. I really didn't see the killer to be who it was lol It took me by surprise. I enjoyed the writing style also. There were quite a few typos, but for free how can you complain!??! I would have paid for this one actually. So I am gonna recommend! If you are bored download this! Its quick but it has a lot of pages!
Marnie
Mar 31, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A book about a man who has the power to resurrect people from the dead. While being pulled to do so, he gets mixed in with a serial killer from resurrecting a woman murdered. While not only help finding the killer, he also succeeds in finding love. This was a good read. Predictable.
Samantha
Jul 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

This is an unusual paranormal book. not the type with the typical altered being but just a man with what some people would call a gift...some would call it a curse.
Cherryreads
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The author does an excellent job of bringing the charachters to life. I was captivated from start to finish. T
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was ok. Author used canted and mewling way too much. Also i dont feel the cops were as authentic as they could be.
Valerie
Dec 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a fast read. I really didn't want to put it down. Can't wait to get started on the next one.
Andrea
Sep 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
Resurrection is a can't put it down paranormal thriller with a bit of romance thrown in. I enjoyed a lot. It has just enough twists and turns to keep you guessing.
Ivan
Sep 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
wow he was good i need the next
Bhumisha
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, paranormal, horror
Pretty good pace.
Sue
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance
I thought it was a very good suspense/romance which an unusual twist. I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading the sequel.
Tentiger
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Good book. Can't wait to read the next one.
James
Jun 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love this book. It's a great story with wonderful characters. Read this and the follow up novel Eye of the Storm. Two great books!
Amy
Jan 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nook-e-books, 2011
Pretty good. The Nook version has ALOT of typos...Close to the point of distracting.
Jasmeet
Jan 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book.A must read. It'll surely give you a proper dose of thrill. It's just awesomely written...!
Chella
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book, just wish it was longer
Vishal
Jul 01, 2012
John
Jan 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Sacred Secrets (Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • Clearwater Journals
  • T
  • Life Blood
  • Shadow Games (Shadow People, #1)
  • Black Silk
  • Secret of Deadman's Coulee (Whitehorse Montana, #1)
  • The Gauntlet Thrown (Gauntlet Trilogy, #1)
  • Give Me Forever (Paranormal City, #1)
  • From the Ashes
  • The Vanishing (Return of the Aliens #1)
  • Mortal Ghost
  • Alison
  • Surrounded by Pleasure (Woods Family, #2)
  • Promises of Seduction: The Durango Affair\Ian's Ultimate Gamble
  • Blood Ties (Little Town, #1)
  • Witch Way Bends (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #1)
  • I Witch

Resurrection (2 books)
  • Eye of the Storm (sequel to ''Resurrection'')