Start by marking “The Exodus Gate (The Rising Dawn Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Exodus Gate (The Rising Dawn Saga, #1)

The Exodus Gate (The Rising Dawn Saga #1)

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  63 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
“Stephen has created worlds that enthralled me and characters that intrigued me – the kind of thing that every writer aspires to do. I give The Exodus Gate a resounding 8 / 10 – incredibly imaginative and highly enjoyable, and I really looking forward to Book 2, The Storm Guardians.”-DaveBrendon’s Fantasy and SciFi Weblog (review)

“With The Exodus Gate author Stephen Zimmer
Kindle Edition, First edition, 578 pages
Published March 6th 2009 by Seventh Star Press (first published February 5th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Exodus Gate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Exodus Gate

Rebecca
Feb 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Exodus Gate is an urban fantasy and I have to say that I really enjoyed the story. Mr. Zimmer uses a formal language style that I found refreshing and interesting. The main characters have access to what they believe is a cool Virtual Reality game which takes them to a world before the Great Flood . . . Noah’s world. There they meet a race of wolf people who are like nothing they have ever encountered before. This is just the beginning. Evil forces have big plans and that is where the story ...more
Kim Justice
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all my fantasy readers
Shelves: reviewed
Un-like any other book that I have read, this book took me a little bit to actually get deep in to it. And on that note... I AM SO GLAD I KEPT READING!!

Author Stephen Zimmer writes to the point where there is no doubt what the place, characters, story is all about. The detail with in the pages of this unique amazing book is so vivid you feel....

To read more of my review:
Breath of Life
Shan Winslow
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent setup for what surely will be a very epic scale series. Zimmer really makes you care about the characters in this alternate world, as well as the struggles they face in the battle between the forces of good and evil. Furthermore, he does a great job of creating different races of beings on both sides of the arena. I, for one, really enjoyed the sections devoted to the An-Ki and their continuing involvement in the scheme of things. Can't wait to dive into the next one, to see where it t ...more
Melissa Robinson
Feb 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This has been one of my favorite books to date. The intricate plot and plot twists held my attention span (a difficult task) from beginning to end. I feel as if I've begun an adventure with a whole cast of characters and cannot wait to see where the next book takes them. As an author, I feel inspired by this work. Zimmer does an amazing job in this book, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone that reads the fantasy genre.
Kathryn
Jul 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed The Exodus Gate, it was a good blend of fantasy and sci-fi. It started slowly but as it gets into the story the more enjoyable it is. The writer has a knack for creating characters that I cared about and could relate to. Overall I'd recommend this to fans of the genre and anyone looking for a good long book.
Robin Blankenship
Jun 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I love modern fantasy stories. It was a pretty in depth story but Stephen Zimmer did an amazing job of weaving the tell with the right amount of detail and back story as well as the plot progressing. It was the right balance of fantasy, myth, supernatural and contemporary themes.
Chase
Apr 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Coast to Coast AM listeners
Exodus Gate was truly a joy to read. I am definitely one of those who could not put this book down. This book is a very interesting mix of Science Fiction and Fantasy set in the end times(religion) that draws parallels of current and past events in our time.

Also if you are a regular listener of Coast to Coast AM and enjoy this genre you owe it to yourself to read this book!
Julie
Jan 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Urban fantasy that weaves a dense and rich mythos of nothing less than the battle between cosmic good and evil. It's a long book, and sometimes the pace is slow, but everything contributes to the world building. I liked it well enough to seek out the second book in the series.
Holly Phillippe
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I wont include spoilers. This is a epic tale of cross genre mixed with apocalyptic attributes. The writing itself is not set to be a fast read through, it is written to really make you think about our parallel world and current state of affairs. The creatures Mr. Zimmer has came up with for this book are fantastical to say the least, they mix supernatural elements with mythological. If you like a book that holds your attention and crosses genres than this is for you, enjoy.
D. Alexx Miller
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The Exodus Gate, by Stephen Zimmer, is a modern fantasy novel that is the first release in the Rising Dawn Saga. The story unfolds around Benedict Darwin, host of a popular late night radio show that deals with the paranormal. Benedict comes into possession of a virtual reality simulator that turns out to be something far greater and more powerful than he ever expected. Meanwhile, supernatural powers from the depths of the Abyss and their human allies are working tirelessly to bring about a One ...more
Orchid
Jul 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, series
edifanob
Unfortunately it was not my taste.

The Exodus Gate is a solid start of an end of time story mixed of adventure, history, science, fantasy and an obvious trace of religion. If you like this kind of mix then read it.

Full review
Leslie King
Oct 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I was taken on a wonderous journy and introduce to some amazing characters that have enlightened me to the wonders of an alternate realm!

Can"t wait to see how they converge upon each others lives.

Yagiz Erkan
The Exodus Gate is an enjoyable modern fantasy story. In my opinion, the book has its flaws but I can see why a lot of people would like it very much.

For a full review: http://speculativebookreview.blogspot...
Stephen
Oct 07, 2012
Sgtgrumpy
Feb 20, 2014
Eric Brooks
rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2010
Dave-Brendon Burgh
Jan 04, 2010
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Hollowstone
  • Deceptions (Demonkin, #2)
  • Redheart (Leland Dragon #1)
  • Shadows of Penumbra (Apocalypse Exalted, #1)
  • Broken Butterflies
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • The Scent of Jade
  • Once We Were Kings
  • Eternal Vigilance (Eternal Vigilance #1)
  • Angelus (The Human Genus, #1)
  • Cursed by Darkness (Befallen Tides, #1)
  • Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (Niki Slobodian, #3)
  • Ninth Crossing: Discovery
  • Soul Catcher (Soul Saga, #1)
  • A Bad Day for Scandal (Bad Day, #3)
  • Flaming Dove
  • Hiroshima in the Morning
  • Dare, Dream, Do: Remarkable Things Happen When You Dare to Dream
Award-winning Author and Filmmaker Stephen Zimmer resides in Lexington, Kentucky. His literary work includes the epic fantasy Fires in Eden Series, the cross-genre Rising Dawn Saga, the sword and sorcery Rayden Valkyrie Tales, the horror genre Hellscapes short story collections, and the steampunk Harvey and Solomon tales.

His movie credits include short films such as Swordbearer and The Sirens, an
More about Stephen Zimmer...

The Rising Dawn Saga (3 books)
  • The Storm Guardians  (The Rising Dawn Saga, #2)
  • The Seventh Throne  (The Rising Dawn Saga, #3)