Start by marking “The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)” as Want to Read:
The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)

The Fiorenza Forced Marriage (Harlequin Presents #2807)

3.14  ·  Rating details ·  343 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
RAFAELE FIORENZA IS FURIOUS. TO GET HIS INHERITANCE HE HAS TO MARRY ... HIS ESTRANGED FATHER'S MISTRESS!

Emma March was only doing her job caring for the late Valentino Fiorenza. She expected no mention in his will, let alone a stipulation to marry his son! But financially, she's desperate ...

Rafaele will treat Emma like the moneygrubbing harlot he thinks she is. He'll wed
Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Fiorenza Forced Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fiorenza Forced Marriage

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This book starts with the hero coming off as a real jerk. He's rude, arrogant, a womanizer, and has a heart of stone. But somehow over the book, you get to see that he has a heart that was crushed by a very traumatic incident in his past, and by his father's indifference. I wanted to continue disliking him, but I found I could not. At least he was honest about being what he was.

He didn't try to lie to the heroine and pretend to be a good person. But over time, with the unconditional love he rec
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
This is a very worn out thin trope and plot. The h/H forced to marry by a manipulative will. She had nursed his father during his last days and the H is positive had also shared the old man’s bed because why else would he be so benevolent to her in his will. So they start off on a bad footing, with him calling her all kinds of names. But the attraction is mutual and fiery. They decide to get married to satisfy the terms of the will and also their mutual lust!

The sex scenes are hot, explicit and
Jenny
Emma, our heroine is nursing Valentino Fiorenza. When he dies he states in his will she must marry his son, notorious playboy Rafaele Fiorenza. Emma needs the money so she eagerly accepts. Rafaele thinks Emma is a gold-digger and a whore and that she was his father's mistress but he has no choice, he has to marry her or else he will lose his villa.

I loved this book. Hero is your typical hot alpha hero, he is tortured and broken and he is also a sex god so poor Emma does not stand a chance. He t
Fiona Marsden
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like hot and sizzling but tender
Recommended to Fiona by: Author preference
Ah yes, the classic sleazy guy with the broken heart. Gets me every time. Isn't it amazing what we'll forgive in a guy when we know his poor little heart was broken and traumatised in the past? There is nothing new in this story but Melanie Milburne delivers it very well. Rafaele is so annoying and nasty to start with it's going to take something really special to break him down and turn him into someone worthwhile and lovable. Enter Emma, a feisty little nurse with a heart of gold and a backgro ...more
Elizabeth
Aug 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
This heroine annoyed me SO MUCH. She's supposed to be a nurse, yet she doesn't understand the concept of self-care. Annoying!
Sharn
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
It started off okay, the hero was kind of an ass, and the heroine was feisty, but in the second half of the book it all fell apart. The heroine just ruined the whole book for me, she goes from somewhat feisty to pathetic so fast it makes your head spin. This heroine is probably the whiniest, most pathetic and irritating heroine I've read in a long time, and I've read about a lot of them. Like where is your self-respect girl!! I mean I have noticed that while most harlequin have a lot of Pride, t ...more
Roub
May 23, 2015 rated it did not like it
Raffael spent the better half of the book calling emma a slut who had trapped his father. Each time he wud see her, he wud ask if she had slept with the old man or another comment in this genre. I was annoyed and bored wid his attitude and really had had enough of the book! So I skipped a few pages and continued to read. At dat point, he had discovered she was really a virgin and he absolved her of all guilt. Mine! The double standards of HP heroes! He still did not want her permanently though! ...more
JK
Mar 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
This was really a pathetic book. He called her names like slut, whore whatnot and he treated her like shit half the time and like a whore the other half. She was a weak af moron with no thought process. Honestly, she's one of those doormats that evolution should have killed off centuries ago. I actually hated this book. There was no actual story in it. The same old recycled Harlequin except somehow worse than all the others combined.
Nada Al-Karmi
Aug 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
I think my IQ just dropped. This was an awful book with an awful plot written in an awful manner.

Where do I begin?
We have a female character whole fell in love with a man, apparently at first sight, after he called her a whore and continued to call her a whore for the first half of the book. She kept irritatingly nosing around to know his past, even when he told her to stop nosing around. She kept throwing herself at him, cheaping herself by declaring her love over and over again which he kept
Mary
Emma has cared for an elderly Italian until his death. Now she finds out that the only way is son will inherit the family castello is to marry her! Cynical about women, Rafaele believes that Emma was actually his father's mistress & that she somehow convinced the father to include her in the will.

Of course Rafaele is completely wrong and the two have to work out their problems.
Rebecca
Dec 10, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: have
Jun 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fiction
(adult situations, sex, some language) Well, this book was very intense for the first eight chapters. The characters were strong (and surprisingly although they were married they had not had sex) and the plot was involving. Then, (view spoiler) and everything fell apart. (view spoiler) ...more
Yvette
Sep 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
I would give it a 2.5 for effort. I think the book had a nice setup with a feisty heroine and the usual Presents jerk-like man-whore hero, but in the end their relationship seemed to get sorta desperate and whiny. I know, this has all been done before, so what's my issue? I guess it's just too many teary arguments that made me want to lend the heroine some backbone.

And then there's the pregnancy....
May 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A+, a truly inspiring masterwork for our times. I can't decide if my favourite part was Emma's unexpected pregnancy because Rafaele- the noted playboy- was too damn dumb to use condoms and Emma the virgin didn't know any better, or the sudden appearance of Rafaele's EVIL EX-GIRLFRIEND because the author realized she'd run out of conflict and fallen short of her minimum wordcount. Truly madam, you are a veritable Bronte for our times.

(Please don't quote me on this.)
John
Jan 14, 2013 rated it did not like it
What an odd little book. The two main characters HAAAAAATED each other for a long time. They were so confrontational, it was hard to read.

I'm assured that this is standard for the genre, making it perfect as the romance novel I read so I could experience a romance novel. The other genre I want to try is Western.

==This story has been brought to you by the number two and the word TURGID!==
Amber
normally the too understanding heroine gets in my nerves. But somehow the author made her so sympathetic that I had to like her. it would have been a four star read if she'd managed to make me feel the same about the hero. I didn't dislike him, he just wasn't fleshed out enough for me to care if he was a part of the hea.
bombay_sapphire
Sep 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
The hero's a jerk and his disposition doesn't really improve until maybe the very end when you know he says those three magic words and all is right with the world. Also the heroine who showed promise with her feisty attitude in the beginning looses her backbone in falling for jerk hero and becomes a clingy, whining limpet. Not the best M Milburne book by a long shot.
Charlotte Julie
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book, im a sucker for these type of books. I really liked it but the ending was kind of abrupt and for once I didn't always like the man in the book although you grow to like him which is the main thing. I would be interested to read another book by Melanie.
Meily
It was a light short read but I didn't really feel it most of the time. It was a good read, I don't regret it at all but it stops there. I don't think there's anything that would make me remember this novel beyond.
Mydearloverboy
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
a h who says what she thinks for a change.
Mel
I wanted to read a book about a "gold-digger" heroine and this wasn't quite what I had in mind when I searched but it was an okay read all the same.
Hanna Crisostomo
liked it, didn't love it
Fatmata Sankoh
Dec 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Not bad but wanted more. I guess it's been awhile since I had one of these reads.
Preethi (The Lone Reader)
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: harlequin
Diane Stevens
Aug 15, 2016
Lyka
Jan 11, 2015
Lavinia
rated it did not like it
Mar 12, 2013
hanesa
Jul 14, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Shameful Secret, Shotgun Wedding
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • House of Mirrors
  • Substitute Bride
  • Playing the Royal Game (The Santina Crown #8)
  • Saturday's Child
  • Amelia
  • Temporary Wife
  • Lost to the Desert Warrior (The Private Lives of Public Playboys #3)
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Rake with a Frozen Heart
  • Shackled by Diamonds (Models & Millionaires, #2)
I grew up on a small farm on the outskirts of Sydney and as a keen horse rider, often competed in local gymkhanas and even broke in a few horses from time to time. As I was surrounded by animals, I decided at an early age to become a nurse, however I couldn’t stand the sight of blood and so opted for a career in teaching. It’s a bit ironic that I married a surgeon.

I read my first Mills & Boon
More about Melanie Milburne...