Start by marking “The Circle: How The Power Of A Single Wish Can Change Your Life” as Want to Read:
The Circle: How The Power Of A Single Wish Can Change Your Life

The Circle: How The Power Of A Single Wish Can Change Your Life

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  255 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Book by Day, Laura
Published September 10th 2001 by Tarcher

To ask other readers questions about The Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Circle

Jackie Morrison
Mar 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My review in Dialect Magazine: http://dialectmagazine.com/2012/02/bo...

Most wishes come true in a simple fashion but this multi-layered book on how to master conscious creation is a simple but deep read. Laura Day is not too spiritual and not at all religious. She writes a 9-point plan to a wish turned into reality.

Her newer edition of “The Circle” includes a workbook which many find helpful in implementing Day’s techniques. Many things come true one way or another. Even when wishes don’t manife
Natalie
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: informational
Simplistic, tone didn't agree with me.
k8beeZ
Dec 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is really beautiful book about intention setting and manifestation. It's a smaller book, but is really chock filled. THIS should have received all the attention, NOT THE SECRET. It's not hype and it's not just focused on manifesting like a huge coporation for yourself (like The Secret seemed to be tinged with-- big material successes. This turned me off to the Secret's vibe. Yes, it's nice to do well financially, but it seemed quite flaunted with the authors of The Secret.) The Circle is de ...more
Sandra
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book might be difficult to review -as it could be interpreted as a religion instead of a movement. The Circle is a place where all is well and you accept good/bad as life experiences. This teaches that everything can be reinterpreted to make even bad things seem better by finding a hidden learning possibility out of it.

I can try understand the "enlightment" or inner Chi experience of life, but it is not as easy to live this lifestyle. This book talked in the possibilities of achieving it, b
Gilbert Glenn
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book has a good concept, live in your dream world and it will become a reality. My problems are; it's too spiritual, some parts of the book come across as weird and ineffective to me, and the writing doesn't appeal to me. If you read it and filter out the spiritual stuff, you can get so good ideas. I liked the mental priorities it mentions, that can be useful along with much of the things in this book. I do not recommend this book but it all depends on the reader. I hope anyone who reads my ...more
Satia
Feb 04, 2008 rated it did not like it
Here is my review. I gave this book no stars. That should tell you how my review for this book will go.

I did, however, find a couple of nice quotes but they are more interesting out of context than they are when read within the pages of this thankfully slender book.
Teri
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
The is a very clear, very simple, solution base of thought efforts for self-realization to send our Spirit soaring, and swirling and centered in our own circle. A teaching of practical tools to see ourselves in our best space, our best light, where we offer up our best self. It is short and sweet.
Venkataraman Kumbakonam S.
Jul 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful guide book for practicing the Circle Meditation. Some of the ideas are no doubt radical and could be fully understood and assimilated only in due course by sincere practice.

The power and clarity behind the writing is amazing.
Akemi G
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-nonfiction
I used to have the book -- the original simple format without the journaling part added at the end.
It's my favorite by Laura Day. Yes, it's basically the Law of Attraction, but put in a magically attractive way. I love the book design and organization, too -- makes great gift. <3
Vennittah
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Very similar to the secret and the alchemist. a very quick read. Actually just found it laying around the house picked it up and finished it in one sitting. If you ever think of giving someone the secret but you know they would read it, recommend this book instead.
Karen
Apr 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book contains information and exercises for self-discovery. The author, Laura Day, used the "logical" approach in her teachings on the use of intuition. I will most likely work my way through it more than once.
Tecla
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved it so much that I'm going to reread it and I rarely reread books.
Karen Holmes
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A beautifully simple and elegant book with a powerful message. Reading it and working it really did change my life -- profoundly.
Brittney
Feb 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
This really got me thinking and inspired to make a few changes in my life. It was a fun and easy read!
Amanda
Oct 03, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: happy-books
I enjoy a good book on intention, and Laura Day is very succinct with her advice. I recommend this book for anyone looking to shift their thinking, especially in today's discombobulated world.
Melanie Walker
Jul 08, 2015 rated it it was ok
Much too vague for my liking
Lisa sypher
Apr 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing
to visualize
Katherine Gleason
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
For research purposes.
Yvette
Nov 04, 2011 rated it liked it
I like the idea, and I like some of the quotes if they are taken out of context, but this whole book brings something to be desired.
Ammu
Sep 26, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The secret was way more compelling for me...
Nicole
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: intuition
Definitely will come back to this book for further exploration. Many ideas to consider for creating a deep desire.
Kris Mantle
Laurie
Aug 06, 2008
  • The Call: Discovering Why You Are Here
  • Honoring the Self: Self-Esteem and Personal Transformation
  • Cheaper Than Therapy: How To Forgive and Overcome Anger, Anxiety, Fear and Stress
  • Creating Money: Keys to Abundance
  • The Resilience Factor: 7 Keys to  Finding Your Inner Strength and Overcoming Life's Hurdles
  • The Wind Is My Mother
  • Backwards in High Heels: The Impossible Art of Being Female
  • A Guide for Grown-ups: Essential Wisdom from the Collected Works of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
  • The Aladdin Factor
  • Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas
  • Reinventing You: Define Your Brand, Imagine Your Future
  • Calling the Circle: The First and Future Culture
  • Istanbul: The Collected Traveler: An Inspired Companion Guide
  • Encore: Finding Work that Matters in the Second Half of Life
  • How to Heal Toxic Thoughts: Simple Tools for Personal Transformation
  • Learn to Meditate: A Practical Guide to Self-Discovery and Fulfillment
  • Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness
  • Small Graces: The Quiet Gifts of Everyday Life