Start by marking “Ani's Raw Food Desserts: 85 Easy, Delectable Sweets and Treats” as Want to Read:
Ani's Raw Food Desserts: 85 Easy, Delectable Sweets and Treats

Ani's Raw Food Desserts: 85 Easy, Delectable Sweets and Treats

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  239 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
You can have your cake and eat it too with Ani Phyo’s innovative, delicious desserts. From cobblers to cookies, pies to cupcakes, Chef Ani’s easy-to-make sweets are wheat-free, gluten-free, dairy-free, processed sugar-free, and cruelty-free. Deceptively simple, these treats pack loads of flavor and nutrition in every bite. Substituting these mouthwatering desserts for trad ...more
Published April 28th 2009 by Da Capo Lifelong Books (first published April 27th 2009)

Alison
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. There are many dessert recipes that sound delicious!
Aja Marsh
Jul 26, 2011 rated it liked it
If you are new to raw foods this is a good book as the equipment, processes, and ingredients needed are not too fussy, but to me it was too sinplified-- not even using many varied favors or spices, I would jut think most of the recipes would taste like Lara bars. And there's nothing wrong with that but I guess I'd like to see something a little more exciting. I haven't read any of her other books but I do like that as makes raw food seem approachable, even if I find it, especially in dessert for ...more
Tracy
Aug 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tried my first recipe today - yum!!
Sue
Oct 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: health, bookbag, read-2009
As a book, this is a delight. There are excellent photographs throughout of the most appetising looking desserts. There are also interesting explanations about why the author eats raw food, with its many health benefits, and here and there are extra hints or tips for - for instance - keeping one's skin young, or boosting metabolism. It's the kind of book to sit down and read pretty much cover to cover. I did that when I received it, and found it very inspiring.

Unfortunately, although Ani Phyo i
Karin
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
As far as recipe books go, this one is very readable and for those of us new to 'cooking' the raw food way ( i'll just eat the apple, rather than put it in a pie with the sugar, thank you. Saves work and cuts caleries right there! But her recipes sound so delicious and healthy it seems worth the time it takes to make the cobbler, icing etc.

I found agave syrup a while ago as well as coconut butter, but cacao was a tough one. At a health food store I found organic non-dutch refined cocoa which is
Rachel
Apr 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I've liked everything I've tried. This book requires you to have a good food processor/vitamix and it's best if you have a dehydrator too. I don't find myself doing any of the dehydrating recipes, because if I'm going to spend that much time doing something, I'll cook it. (Clearly I'm not a raw-foodist, I'm just interested in having a varied diet). This book is a few basic recipes with a bunch of variations on those recipes. Useful enough that I'm glad I got it from the library; it's worth readi ...more
F. P.
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome, predominantly for the incredible pineapple icebox dessert--I've even eaten it for breakfast.

Her dessert recipes really are so good. The mango cobbler and apple pie in Ani's Raw Food Kitchen--those are fabulous keepers too. One little thing: I usually use less oil/fatty nuts and seeds and more fruit when making her recipes, especially because I can't stop eating at only one serving lol.
Corinne
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
Haven't tried any recipes but gave 4 starts for nice pictures, good explanations, and health tips included in the book. Makes it more well rounded.

I'll try some soon, but disappointed at how simple some of the recipes are. Also, I feel like too much effort is spent trying to mimic non-raw desserts. I find the most delicious vegan/vegetarian food is the type that is flavorful without fake stuff in it.
claire
Sep 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
interesting ideas. i tried the chocolate raspberry cake in here... it was delicious and sweet, but knowing it was all natural was nice. The only problem with these recipes is they are unsustainably expensive to execute. The cake's ingredients were dates walnuts avocado cocoa powder and agave syrup, in the end made a tiny little cake that cost $20. it's too much.
Amber Anderson
Jun 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tasty
I looked at this book when it came out and although the photos made raw treats look really tasty, I still wrote off raw foods as too difficult and expensive. Then I started watching Ani Phyo's youtube channel, which made me realize how easy these recipes are.

I have a major sweet tooth and it's so nice to not feel guilty or fat after eating cookies or cake.
Robin
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks
I made 3 recipes from this book today and they are all quite tasty & worthy of bringing to a party. What I really like about raw desserts is that they don't burn while you are spacing out reading a book in the other room.
Rachel Frank
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was my introduction to raw food and man it was a great start. The book has simple and complex recipes that can be made immediately or with some pre work. A great variety of delicious raw foods.
Ray
Ani's best uncookbook and most delicious recipes. She excels in the desserts arena, probably because of her background as a pastry chef. The raspberry ganache fudge cake from this book is the stuff of dreams.
Elizabeth Dee
Apr 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I can't wait to try some of these recipes! Fabulous design, outline and nutrition info. Highly recommend if you are looking for healthy, uncomplicated and fun recipes to try on your own.
michelle
Aug 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: raw, food
I really like that a good chunk of these recipes don't require a dehydrator, since I don't owe one, but a high quality food processor is necessary (don't have that either).
Lee
Jan 26, 2011 marked it as to-read-non-fiction
Check ice-cream recipes.
Mari
Jan 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this uncookbook. I love Ani Phyo's recipes. I haven't tried all of them yet, but they're very easy and so yummy! Another great one by Ani!
Hanna Howe
Just got this for mother's day. I can't wait to whip up some raw mango tarts!
Annette
Mar 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This has some very good recipes it in. So far, each one I have tried is excellent. :o)
Luci
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I actually met this awsome lady and tasted her food at 105 degrees in OKC and my autographed copy is never far from the kitchen counter.
Hannah
Jan 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such yummy goodness as you can barely imagine is in this tiny book. Read it and eat!
Natasha
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Living Raw Food: Get the Glow with More Recipes from Pure Food and Wine
  • Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes to Get the Glow
  • Sticky Fingers' Sweets: 100 Super-Secret Vegan Recipes
  • The Complete Book of Raw Food: Healthy, Delicious Vegetarian Cuisine Made with Living Foods
  • Raw: The Uncook Book: New Vegetarian Food for Life
  • Chloe's Vegan Desserts: More than 100 Exciting New Recipes for Cookies and Pies, Tarts and Cobblers, Cupcakes and Cakes--and More!
  • Big Vegan
  • Vegan Food Gifts: Spread the Vegan Love DIY-Style with 100 Inspired Recipes for Homemade Baked Goods, Preserves, and Other Edible Gifts Everyone Will Love
  • Let Them Eat Vegan!: 200 Deliciously Satisfying Plant-Powered Recipes for the Whole Family
  • Raw Food Made Easy: For 1 or 2 People
  • 500 Vegan Recipes: An Amazing Variety of Delicious Recipes, From Chilis and Casseroles to Crumbles, Crisps, and Cookies
  • Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body
  • Party Vegan
  • The Chinese Vegan Kitchen: More Than 225 Meat-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Dishes from the Culinary Regions o f China
  • Raw Food: A Complete Guide for Every Meal of the Day
  • Alternative Vegan: International Vegan Fare Straight from the Produce Aisle
  • Going Raw: Everything You Need to Start Your Own Raw Food Diet and Lifestyle Revolution at Home
  • Living Cuisine: The Art of Spirit of Raw Foods
Ani Phyo is an organic eco chef, author, whole food and sustainable agriculture advocate and founder of SmartMonkey Foods. Phyo's book, Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Food Recipes published by Marlowe & Company, is in its 8th printing. She is a well-known advocate of the raw foodism lifestyle promoting uncooked and unprocessed foods that are organic, sustainable, and supports ...more
More about Ani Phyo...