Start by marking “While My Guitar Gently Weeps (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #2)

While My Guitar Gently Weeps (JP Kinkaid Chronicles #2)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Blacklight’s recent tour has been rough on guitarist JP Kinkaid: a heart attack in Boston and a significant ramp-up of his multiple sclerosis have left him more physically fragile than usual.

With the tour over, JP is relaxing by sitting in as second guitarist for a new CD by his longtime local friends, the Bombardiers. The Bombardiers are breaking in a new frontman, singe
Published September 15th 2009 by Minotaur Books

To ask other readers questions about While My Guitar Gently Weeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Nikki
Oct 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries, fiction
As an old folk-music aficionado, I was disappointed when Deborah Grabien's Haunted Ballad series ended in favor of a series based on rock'n'roll. I needn't have been, since I like this series just as much. There are no ghosts in the JP Kinkaid series, but the characterization of Kinkaid, an aging but still active rock star, and Bree Godwin, the professional caterer who is his "old lady," recapitulates the protagonists of the Haunted Ballad books -- two people who love their work and each other. ...more
Kathy
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have read most of Deborah Grabien's books in this series and I really like them. To some extent it is because J.P. is an old rocker and that is my generation. However, I have enjoyed watching his life progress with characters that Grabien has drawn over the series. She manages to weave together well J.P.'s life, his love, and "mates" with the murders they encounter along the way.

While J.P. sounds like someone I would like to meet, frankly the description of "Mac", the lead singer of the prima
Julie H.
Oct 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
So once again I've jumped in with Book 2 of a thus-far two-book series. It was really, really enjoyable with interesting characters and wonderful flavor text drawn from the music industry--esp. as relates to studio musicians and cutting a CD. J.P. Kinkaid is one of those marvelous fallible characters who doesn't cut himself a single ounce of slack, and you know that that's precisely why Bree is able to have stood by him over the many years of their relationship. There was a deceptive amount of s ...more
GraceAnne
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It’s a good mystery, and a fine story, and has vivid characters you love to be around. What makes it extraordinarily compelling though, is the rock and roll: how do session folk sit in? How do famous rockers turn up on each other’s recordings? There’s a great amount – all of it fascinating – about rock guitars, who makes them, how they work, and how they sound. There’s a lot about coping with middle age and illness when all you want to do is rock & roll. It culminates in Bree and JP’s weddin ...more
N.S.
Mar 26, 2010 rated it liked it
A thoroughly enjoyable read. A fascinating peek into the mind of a guitarist, at life backstage, at how it is to be afflicted with multiple sclerosis. Well-plotted, it had me guessing, though ultimately I found the climax a bit of a cop-out. Still, I will seek out and read the other two books of this series.
Ladiibbug
#3 J.P. Kinkaid Mystery

Did Not Finish

The title grabbed my attention, as did the book description - a mystery involving rock 'n roll, a murder, a valuable guitar that goes missing ...

After 40 pages I was just not able to get involved in the book at all.
Barb
Feb 21, 2010 rated it liked it
3 1/2 stars - the title of the george harrison song caught my eye and i was pleasantly surprised with a good mystery and close look at an aging rocker (with a chronic disease) and his old lady. will read more in this series.
Honey
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Grabien can weave a tale and takes you on the ride.
Deborah
Jun 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
More music-specifics than I needed, not being a guitarist myself
Elaine
May 07, 2011 rated it did not like it
The guitar name dropping was interesting but the characters were annoying
Sherri Gates
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Along with murder, you get an intimate look at behind the scenes of rehearsal sessions and a close-up of JP and Bree's relationship and their past history. Truth, lies, and rock & roll.
Natasha
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, music
eh, it was an ok book. Not really my style of fiction, I only read it because it was in a rock-and-roll setting & I thought that might be entertaining. It was OK. Murder mystery. OK quick beach read.
Tom
May 26, 2014
Tony Funches
Aug 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Deborah Grabien is a world traveller, retired medieval historian, and lifelong rocker chick. Her short fiction, reviews, and essays can be seen in many diverse venues.
More about Deborah Grabien...

JP Kinkaid Chronicles (8 books)
  • Rock & Roll Never Forgets (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #1)
  • London Calling (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #3)
  • Graceland (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #4)
  • Book of Days (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #5)
  • Uncle John's Band (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #6)
  • Dead Flowers (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #7)
  • Comfortably Numb (JP Kinkaid Chronicles, #8)