Start by marking “The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)

The Giant Germ

(The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #6)

When Keesha discovers mold on her sandwich, the class takes off on a tour of the mini microbe world, and they learn first hand that these little creatures can have Huge effects. Ms. Frizzle proves that there is always more than meets the eye in this Gigantic adventure.
Published June 1st 2001 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published May 1st 2001)

Start your review of The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
Mahdi Aljamri
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
عشت حياة علمية اعادتني الى صفوف العلوم بالمدرسة الابتدائية تلك العلوم التي اظن ان علينا المواكبة على مراجعتها دوما فهي في الحقيقة تعود لطي النسيان. .

أهمية هذا الكتيب هو تذكيرنا بعمل الجراثيم وتكاثرها وكيفية مقاومتها..

كتب هذا الكتيب على طريقة قصة مشوقة لمدرسة اسمها فائزة قد اخذت طلاب صفها في رحلة عبر حافلة "الحافلة المدرسية العجيبة" ويتجسد خيال مؤلفة القصة جوانا كول في ان يصغر حجم الحافلة الى حجم الميكروبات والفيروسات لتعرض عليك صورة آلية تنقل هذه الحافلة من شيء الى آخر مجسداً عملية تنقل
Lindsay
Dec 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Ms. Frizzle's class goes on an adventure exploring the microscopic world of microbes in this Magic School Bus science chapter book. Ms. Frizzle has a magic school bus that can take her students on amazing field trips anywhere in the universe, and this time, the start by shrinking down to explore the mold on the homemade bread in Keesha's lunch. From there, the class explored a compost heap and even the inside of poor, sick Jimmy's blood vessels and were nearly engulfed by a white blood cell! ...more
Chak
Dec 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid
This is a must-read book for everyone! I loved it. My son has been very into the Magic School Bus series lately and I've been impressed. They're educational, fun, and the characters are humorously predictable in ways that keep the reader entertained. I haven't been reviewing them or the Horrible Harry series books because we've been flying through them. However, I had to write a note about this one, because I think it is spectacular. Being a germaphobe, this was a great book to read with my son, ...more
Will Squires Mosher
In The Giant Germ, Keesha's the narrator. She tells a story about her sandwich being moldy. Then, Miss Frizzle explains that it is because of microbes. So they used the Magic School Bus to shrink themselves and go inside the sandwich. After a while, another class starts cleaning up, but they don't realize that the Magic School Bus is on the sandwich. Keesha and her classmates are worried they will get thrown away.

I would recommend this book because it helped me learn a lot about microbes. I
Nico
Dec 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kiddie-time
Oh my god, THE MEMORIES.
Mason
Nov 19, 2019 rated it liked it
this was an o.k. book. all you learned about is microbes.
Maximilian Lee
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book because I love white blood cells. I also liked this book because I like inside the human body.
Margaret Heninger
Fun book for kids to read about mold and germs and little snippets about staying healthy.
Kayla Krecklow
Nov 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
I always loved watching The Magic School Bus when I was younger but don't think I ever read any of the books. Sad, because I probably would have really enjoyed them. I have never been any good at science or into it at all but these types of books make it fun for kids and don't really see that they are learning more about the subject through reading. The Giant Germ was all about the different types of microbes. It starts out by Keesha's sandwich bread being moldy and of course the Friz can't pass ...more
Dolly
Aug 31, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
We've read most, if not all, of the Magic School Bus picture books and now we're starting to read through the Magic School Bus chapter books as well. This was a good book in the series, although it seemed to combine a few of the picture books into one story. It's a busy field trip as the Friz and class check out mold spores, go inside a body, get washed in a washing machine, get baked in bread and more. It's a very informative book about microbes, both good and bad, and it is wonderful how it ...more
Shannon Obrien
Nov 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book it brought me back to my childhood. I remember reading these books when I was younger and loving them. I could incorporate this book 'The Magic School Bus Chapter Book #06: The Giant Germ' into a science lesson. This book was about science and we could do an activity like they had in the magic school bus.
Sophie Muller
Oct 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teen-literature
I didn't give it a 5 stars because I got a bit irritated with the complaining about having no luck! But I loved how detailed and yet not boring the information was. I specifically enjoyed the clear and unarguable explanation about why antibiotics are useless for viruses (that includes colds and the flu!).
Vertrees
Aug 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Read this one with my 5 year old . She really enjoys the magic school bus books and shows. I like that it introduces science topics (in this case viruses, microbes, white blood cells, etc) in a great easy-to-grasp format and a realistic environment.
Amanda Hively
Feb 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
This series of books is great for the classroom. This one in particular is good for younger students, who need to understand germs, and how that is what causes them to get sick. Also, it is a fun way to introduce the topic in the classroom.
Laela
Nov 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-books
I really liked this one because they traveled inside a body of a boy named Andrew.
Rohmah
Feb 14, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: anak
Cara yang asyik dan mudah belajar sains buat anak-anak.
Caleb
Mar 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
One thing I really liked about this book is when Keisha said: "oh bad, oh bad, oh bad!" This is a cool book and I liked it a lot it just wasn't my favorite.
Jaden
Oct 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I learned that I have bugs on my skin called microbes.
Theresa
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: layla
Read this to help my daughter prepare for her AR Quiz on it. I actually learned some things about Microbes! Silly, corny book, but very educational.
Hillvan
660L
Tam Tam
Oct 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads, childrens
I liked it and I finally understood why you don't get sick from the same cold virus or any virus twice. At first I was scared. I mean....GERMS!!!!! Glad there are lots of good microbes too.
Kidsbookworm
Jan 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family, kids
The chapter book versions of The Magic School Bus books are terrific! IMHO, they are Much better, more developed, richer than the magic treehouse series.
Heather
Jan 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Some topics were over Riley's head, but the concept of kids in a bus shrinking and being inside a body kept him interested. Love all the learning involved in this series!
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: review
The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
Capeci, Anne
science supplementary material for the classroom.
Luke Ewell
Dec 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 3rd-grade
I learned a lot about gems. It was really good. The biggest fungi is forty acres and ten tons.
Gray Kemplin
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was very good. I learned germs can be very dangeous.
Haley Skinner
This book is good to have in the classroom and could be used during a science lesson.
PWRL
Joyce
Aug 21, 2013

• The Magic School Bus Plants Seeds: A Book About How Living Things Grow
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • Lost in the Solar System (The Magic School Bus, #4)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Eaten: A Book About Food Chains: A Book About Food Chains
  • The Magic School Bus Spins A Web: A Book About Spiders (Magic School Bus)
  • Inside the Human Body (The Magic School Bus, #3)
  • Arthur's Eyes (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Little Engine That Could
  • The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners
  • The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid (Geronimo Stilton, #2)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Ants In Its Pants: A Book About Ants (Magic School Bus TV Tie-Ins)
  • Arthur's Valentine (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Just Me in the Tub (A Golden Look-Look Book)
  • Just Me and My Mom (A Golden Look-Look Book)
  • Soccer on Sunday (Magic Tree House, #52)
  • Tonight on the Titanic (Magic Tree House, #17)
  • The Enormous Egg
  • Just A Mess (A Golden Look-Look Book)

The Magic School Bus Chapter Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)