Start by marking “Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)” as Want to Read:
Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #1)

Truth About Bats (The Magic School Bus Chapter Books #1)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  1,891 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
These books combine fun stories with neat facts, humor, illustrations-and they all feature the fabulous Ms. Fizzle!
Published January 1st 2000 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about Truth About Bats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truth About Bats

Sophie Muller
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-literature
Loved it! Great characters interactions, lots of surprising and meaningful facts and most of all, a great call to protect these amazing animals! A very sustainable book, ha, ha, ha! My seminar students will understand!
Marisa
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children, animals
Both my kids (ages 6 and 8) really liked this book. My 8 year old said it made the educational parts a lot of fun.
Laurie Mastrolia
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was fun and sort of nostalgic to read this book for my book club with my grandson. His mom and aunt used to watch the show on PBS and read the picture books when they were little. I felt like they (and me, too) always learned something. I did from this one. I didn’t know all the information about bats that was in the book.
Juliattae
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
OHMYGODDDDD YEAH!!! This is my oldddd book that I read when I was in elementary school! The story was so fun and I love the kids character here!

Perjalanan magic school bus, sekarang menuju ke sebuah gua. Dan kini Miss Frizzle mengajak muridnya mencari kelelawar! This so interesting because we can find everything about the bats. Apa makanannya, tempat hidupnya, cara ekolokasinya dan mitos tentang kelelawar itu sendiri.
Dena (Batch of Books)
My daughter picked this book because she is fascinated by vampires, bats, and monsters. It was a very "informative" type of book that focused more on delivering information than an actual story or plot line.

I wasn't sure how she would take to it, but she loved it! We read a couple of chapters and she kept asking for more until we had read the entire book in one sitting. She seemed to enjoy the facts about bats more than the story.

Once we had finished reading, we talked about the story what we ha
Emma Filbrun
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
My children seem to like the Magic School Bus books. They like the picture books better, but the chapter books are quite interesting, as well. They are a good way to introduce the world around us. If you’ve never read a Magic School Bus book, they feature a teacher named Ms. Frizzle. Ms. Frizzle wears unique dresses which are covered with pictures of whatever it is that the class is studying—planets, bees, frogs, bats, or whatever. As the class learns about the topic, they go out to the old scho ...more
Kelsey
Oct 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Frizzle's class travels to Yosemite to learn about bats. Ms. Frizzle dispels the fears of her students and myths about bats as they explore a bat cave, camp in Yosemite and mist net bats with the park ranger. The book also combines short insets with bat facts disguised as homework assignments completed by the class.

Children that enjoy science and fantasy novels may enjoy this story. It would be appropriate for readers between seven and nine. Children will enjoy the mix of illustrations, text
Kristi
Oct 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Gordon: "My favorite part was the spotted bat because I would have liked to catch it. I also liked the part when the class was camping and they got to eat hot dogs, hamburgers, marshmallows, beans and chips. I learned that bats use echolocation to hunt. "

Davey: "I liked that Mr. Frizzle turned the Magic School Bus into a log cabin for the class to sleep in. I didn't like that Ralphie got stuck in a cave. I learned that bats live a long time. I also learned that the mom and baby bat can call each
Dolly
Jun 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Our girls adore Magic School Bus and we've read every book we can get our hands on. This is a great chapter book; it is not too long, and still has lots of pictures. It offers a unique look at bats in North America, stopping at a few places to show the interesting creatures in their habitat. It shows the differences between some of the species in size, coloration, amount of fur, diet, etc.
June
May 14, 2011 rated it liked it
I didn't know much about the bats but when I read this book, I
knew the facts about the bats. There are 1,000 different kinds of
bats in the world, only about 45 kinds of bats live in North
America and the smallest bat is the bumblebee bat of Thailand,
it is the smallest mammal on the Earth. Also, bats like to hang
out in dark, quiet places. I became know about these facts and
I knew there is a bat what it has spots.
Miss Ryoko
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised to find that I didn't mind this book! I'm excited to have some educational books at my disposal to read to my kids at school for rest time or otherwise in a way that is fun and interesting to them! I've always liked the Magic School Bus books, but they are hard to read because of all the side facts to a large group and the picture books are very long. This format is nice because it puts it all in a chapter book where you can stop and read later.
Carolyn
Jun 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Did you know that the Magic School Bus had chapter books too? My kids love these. In fact, my only complaint is that they are hard for my kids to "sort" when they get to school and the teacher wants them to identify fiction/non-fiction. (Explain to them: if there is anything fictional, then it's fiction.) Either way, they love learning from Mrs. Frizzle!
Stacie
Jul 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
My daughter and I love the Magic School Bus books. There is such great information given in an easy to understand and entertaining way. My daughter is now obsessed with all things bat and wants to know more and more about them.
Stacey
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anxiety
Everyone loves the magic school bus!!!! This is such a fun and easy way to teach any science topic to my students. This book is all about bats. Students can go on a journey and learn about the wonderful facts on bats.
Troy
Jun 02, 2011 added it
Recommends it for: write a blog about this book called the magic school bus
Recommended to Troy by: goodreads
Soso8678
May 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: س
Talking about bats
Jul 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-lit
Malcolm says, "I want to build a bat house. And I want to get a film camera."
Namuuka
Dec 24, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: funny
funny
Cadie Sommer
Oct 02, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
It was a really quick read. My kids are used to longer chapters so I read three of the chapters per day. They liked the general flow of the book. However, my higher readers were bored.
Eric
Sep 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
It is about bats and you learn about them. Did you know bats eat incests that are dangerous to food,animals and humans. Since i read this book i have learnt a lot about bats.
Christina
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, childrens
This was one of my favorites when i was in elementary school. I just loved it. Getting to read it to my niece of five years old now makes the childhood memories come back.
Audra Green
I love bats! And this was accurate and fun.
Robin
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An enjoyable book I read with my brother. Loved this show when I was a kid.
Heather
Feb 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
4 yo son is constantly talking about echolocation now & pretending to be a vampire bat! Great learning for me as well as my son!
Tai
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kairah-read
Reading Level - 600L
Melissa Bell
Nov 16, 2009 rated it liked it
I read this with my 5 year old daughter and she loved it. I like that she enjoyed the book, but I prefer non-fiction to learn info on bats to using a chapter book.
Lori
Mar 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was very interesting. I read it to my 5 yr old and she really liked it. She couldn't wait to get the next book. Very fun for kids, yet teaches them a lot and adult too =)
Hillvan
600L
Stephanie - Adventures Thru Wonderland
another fun science read for school age kids.
Luke
Dec 09, 2014 added it
It was pretty cool.
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • Butterfly Battle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #16)
  • Fishy Field Trip (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #18)
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet: A Book About Hot- and Cold-Blooded Animals

The Magic School Bus Chapter Books (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Search For The Missing Bones (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #2)
  • Wild Whale Watch (The Magic School Chapter Book, #3)
  • Space Explorers (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #4)
  • Twister Trouble (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #5)
  • The Giant Germ (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Great Shark Escape (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #7)
  • Penguin Puzzle (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #8)
  • Dinosaur Detectives (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #9)
  • Expedition Down Under (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #10)
  • Insect Invaders (The Magic School Bus Chapter Book, #11)