Start by marking “Tina Vindum's Outdoor Fitness: Step Out of the Gym and Into the BEST Shape of Your Life” as Want to Read:

2.84  ·  Rating details ·  25 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
From Maui to Manhattan’s Central Park, Tina Vindum has revolutionized the way people around the world are getting in shape.
Published April 14th 2009 by Falcon

To ask other readers questions about Tina Vindum's Outdoor Fitness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tina Vindum's Outdoor Fitness

Tatjana
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
hmmmmmm...
Okay... this book is a little dumb. I was hoping it would focus on trail running and other things you can do outside beyond urban centres... especially since I live way in the country.
Unfortunately it takes indoor programs and moves them outdoors. Not only that but it is mostly city oriented.
It also focuses on weight loss rather than enjoying the outdoors in a health manner.
If you are looking for an urban and sub-urban calisthenics workout to lose weight: this is for you. If you want
Cathy Douglas
I was willing to overlook a lot of chirpy blonde self-promotion if this exercise program worked as claimed. I needed a break from running but wanted to stay in some sort of reasonable shape in the meantime, without having to do time in some gym. I picked up this book looking for some sort of game plan. There are good exercises here, notably some you can perform anywhere. I'm not above doing leg-lifts while waiting to cross the street, or stretching in the elevator.

But as an overall program to ge
Josh
Mar 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: those looking to break out of the gym
Recommended to Josh by: saw it on the shelf @ the library.
this wasn't a bad book as far as workout books go. vindum's thing is all about bodyweight & isometric exercises that can be done in an array of outdoor environments. it's cheaper than joining a gym and fosters a better connection w/ nature, so i can see why she hypes it so passionately.

other than the fact that it seemed to be geared towards women, i found it useful & will probably be borrowing it from the library again when i can start getting some outdoor workouts in my schedule.

^this r
Keely Jarrett
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book! I have been a gym rat for years and was looking for a change. Tina's book was just what I needed...she shows you how to use the natural terrain around you (backyard, trail, playground, beach, etc.) as your personal gym. My body is stronger, my mind is clearer and I now look forward to my workouts.(less)
Will Jeffries
Apr 25, 2011 rated it liked it
I feel that we should do all of our exercising outside instead of in cold, dark gyms with no vegetation and singing birds. But still, I wouldn't know how to write a whole book on this stuff - just tell people to go outside and exercise!!
Emily
May 22, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: borrowed
I was hoping that this book would help transition me to exercising outside in a more naturalistic way. Sadly, it was just step aerobics done on building steps and park benches and other gym type exercises done on trees instead of gym equipment.
Ciera Iveson