Start by marking “Kith (The Good Neighbors, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kith (The Good Neighbors, #2)

Kith (The Good Neighbors #2)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  1,769 Ratings  ·  183 Reviews
From the amazing imagination of bestselling author Holly Black, a mysterious and wonderful teen graphic novel masterpiece.

Rue Silver's life is not what it appears to be. Her mother is a faerie, and has been taken back to the faerie realm. As Rue goes to bring her back, she must travel deep into an inhuman world. At the same time, the faerie realm is venturing into our worl
Hardcover, Graphic Novel, 128 pages
Published October 1st 2009 by GRAPHIX

Heidi The Hippie Reader
Rue's world is getting darker. In the last volume of The Good Neighbors, she discovered that faeries are real and not harmless, glitter-sparkled fantasies like fairy tales have described them.

In this installment, Rue learns about the perils of faerie enchantments and intricate faerie plans. Mixing magic with the every day world, human and faerie, is downright dangerous.

Rue also discovers more about her mother's (Nia's) family and not everything she learns is comforting.

"You can't keep mom here a
Anne
Jan 05, 2010 rated it liked it
The plot is decent, not great, but decent.
It's also a fast and easy read, so that's nice, too.
Now I'm going to pick on it for a second, so just bear with me. The way the characters are drawn is just plain weird.
It was a train wreck that I couldn't look away from.
You know that poor crazy woman who gets in the news sometimes because she keeps having plastic surgery to make herself look like a cat?
Yeah.
They look like that.
All of them.
Brrrr.
It looks like the skin on their faces has been s
Alexandria
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really like this series of books. I wish there were more! Wonderful fantasy about the Fairy World.
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Good plot, but the art style throws me off.
Tori
Nov 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Two things about this book.

Physically: I like this book. I'm not much for comic books but they're a nice change from normal books. They're really quick reads and it's cool to actually SEE what's going on. It's just that sometimes I feel like the panels go by too fast. Like, the characters see something happen and get over it way to fast. And sometimes I have to kinda guess what just happened from what was implied by the picture. I don't get the whole picture, figuratively speaking, in just one
Bry
Dec 10, 2010 rated it it was ok
Sadly this installment was worse than the first. I didn't understand the characters any more than in the first installment and frankly thought many of their actions were unfounded and stupid (to both their health and the overall plot).

Overall I am just disappointed with this whole thing. I expected so much more considering the author is Holly Black. The art is done fairly well but the actions of the characters are insanely jumpy since the words themselves jump from scene to scene without solid s
Frau G.
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nur minimal besser, als der erste Teil. Man konnte der Handlung ein wenig besser folgen, aber so richtig logisch stringent war es immer noch nicht.
Auch bleiben die Hintergründe, warum wer wie was wann macht ziemlich nebulös.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

Rue Silver is half faerie, half human. Her mother died, leaving Rue and her father, Thaddeus, alone. Or did she really? Rue believes her mother is still alive somewhere.

Using her faerie powers, Rue travels into the world controlled by her magical grandfather and discovers her mother is still alive. Although she doesn't want to be tempted by this other world, Rue is entertained by her brief visit there. She knows she must return to k
Lindsey
Mar 13, 2011 rated it it was ok
Wealhtheow
Rue wrestles with her newfound identity as (view spoiler), while trying to keep her friends safe from the fairy world's depredations. There's a plan to transform the human city into the fairies' playground, and only Rue has the power to see it--and possibly to stop it.

I have two problems with this. First, it's far too short. The relationships between characters aren't fleshed out, and their motivations are too mysterious and complicated for such a slim volume. Second
Claudia ✨
Jan 08, 2017 rated it did not like it
I decided to give this series another chance. I'd heard from friends that it improved and well, I kinda agree.

The first 95% percent of this comic was like the other - dull, with characters and a plot that I simply didn't care about. But what made me actually appreciate this one more than the first book was the main characters evil grandfather and the villain of the book, Aubrey. He was interesting, gave the series an actual plot and then a plottwist.

I'm still not a fan of the art - it's not con
colleen the convivial curmudgeon
I like the development of the story, and Naifeh's art is consistent (even if I find some of his people too similar looking, and they all have insanely high cheekbones) - but the narration was very herky-jerky. I suppose narration isn't the right word, since there really isn't much in the way of narration, and perhaps that's part of the problem. The story just doesn't flow very well - transitions are awkward and jump from one to the next without smooth segues.

I like it, but I think it could be be
Donna (Jaevenstar)
Nov 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
I got this ARC the other day and so I decided to give it a shot. I have never read a Graphic Novel before (well, since I was a kid and read comics...but not quite the same). This is the second in the series, so I was seriously lost throughout the story line, but the graphics are amazing. Hence the so-so review.
Sesana
Like volume one, volume two has a good story (yay for urban fantasy!) and good art, and ends on a great cliffhanger. What can I say that I didn't say in the review for volume one? Oh, the cover is better, and more representative of the interior art.
Terri
Aug 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Rue's story continues as she becomes more emeshed in the world of the faeries. Where Aubrey's plans are changing her world. I am really enjoying this story.
Bibliofiendlm
Love the illustrations. Interesting story.
Leslie
(note: I reviewed the trilogy together. What follows is a response to the three.)

Holly Black creates a complicated story of love and betrayal and it is necessarily dark. That the story is told in a trilogy is perfect because The Good Neighbors is all about threes; triangles are everywhere. It also all about two: author & illustrator.

In the first book, Rue Silver discovers a past that has been kept secret. In the second, the conflicts rise up to meet her in the present, with the consequences
Amcam
This is the second installment of Holly Black's The Good Neighbors. Rue finds her mom and is convinced to spend the night where her mom is, just to see how her "other" family lives. This is a graphic novel series, so quite a git of the story is supposed to be told through the pictures. However, the pictures, while I still say are realistic, are not consistent. Sometimes the characters look amazing and others, they look monstrous - when they're NOT supposed to! That is distracting to me as I read ...more
Elouise
May 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
I read the first book from this series, it was ok but I didn't care much for it. However I did decide to read the second book. But again I still don't really care for what's going on. It's all very dark and dull, and to be honest some pats were confusing. I think there needed to be more words and description of text explaining more. Overall I give it a 2.5, I probably will read the third book as I'm interested in what will happen.
Lucy Takeda
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Black has an excellent touch in crossing fae and human. This continues the tale of Rue, a teenage halfbreed that is trying to skate in the line between the two worlds without destroying either. Her talent is plants; her mother is fae, and her grandfather (fae) wants to isolate and take over her human city. Trying to juggle caring about her human friends but attracted to fae power is a massive struggle.
Passion Books
May 04, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i disegni sono belli, ma la storia per quanto originale è incomprensibile, troppo confusionaria, troppo cupa, troppo strana. Non fi affeziona a nessun personaggio, non riesci neppure a distinguerli i personaggi secondari e ti chiedi se questi li hai incontrati nel primo libro oppure sono nuovi.
Scott Whitney
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story continues and the plan for the city is starting to come forth. Rue's relationship with her friends may become a problem and the relationship with her family is becoming even more of a problem. This book is every bit as good as the first one in the series.
Cecilia
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really good sequel. The plot twist at the end was really well done. The plot of this particular book felt well paced and complete. Like most graphic novels drawn by men, this one felt a bit male-gazey.
Carissa
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm really enjoying the story but the art work is weird. Most of the time I find the art work distracting from the story (especially the main characters). The background stuff is fun to look at though.
Kristina
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The unknowns become known in the second installment, and we draw closer to understanding what Rue is meant to be doing.
Shira
I'm really enjoying the dark, black and white illustrations. It totally matches with the dark tone and mood of the story. I can't wait to see how it all ends!
Christine Bolton
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m surprised at how much I’m enjoying this series!
Lauren
Mar 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic
2.5 Still not a fan of the art, but this volume had more story than the first.
Laurie(Time Stand Still)
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone
Leave you hanging. On to the next one.
Michelle
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
The art is confusing and I really wish this was a book instead of a graphic novel. Good story with Black's signature dark decisions and twists.
  • Courtney Crumrin in the Twilight Kingdom (Courtney Crumrin, #3)
  • A Flight of Angels
  • Foiled (Foiled, #1)
  • Tales of the Vampires (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #2)
  • The Blood of Carthage (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #19 Buffy Season 4)
  • Tyranny
  • Challenge (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #2)
  • God Save the Queen
  • The Faery Reel: Tales from the Twilight Realm
  • Hannah's Garden
  • The Harvest (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #2)
  • The War at Ellsmere
  • The Season of Risks (Ethical Vampire #3)
  • Nevernever (Borderland, #5)
  • Soul of the Bride (Charmed, #9)
  • Pinocchio, Vampire Slayer Volume One
  • Bayou, Vol. 1
  • The Waters & the Wild
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more
More about Holly Black

The Good Neighbors (3 books)
  • Kin (The Good Neighbors, #1)
  • Kind (The Good Neighbors, #3)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • The Rules of Magic
    $11.99 $4.99
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)