Start by marking “Kitty at St. Clare's” as Want to Read:
Kitty at St. Clare's

Kitty at St. Clare's

(St. Clare's #9)

Kitty Flaherty is joining the third form, along with her pet goat McGinty! The girls know this term is going to be full of fun, but it's also full of upset when Pat misses the first few weeks, thanks to a broken arm, and another new girl, Amanda, seizes the opportunity to become Isabel's best friend.
Published April 7th 2008 by Egmont Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Kitty at St. Clare's, please sign up.
Dannii2601 The Book People has the entire set for a tenner.

Laura Canning
Holy Irish stereotypes, Batman! Kitty is a new girl at St Clare's when Janet, Isabel et al are in the third form, and naturally she causes havoc in her very Oirish way. She has a goat and everything. Really, to be sure.

I was somewhat taken aback at Pamela Cox's/Egmont's writing and editing of a book like this in the twenty-first century. Kitty sures and begorrahs her way throughout the book, is totes 'madcap', calls mistresses 'Mam' and uses a form of Irish English that no-one in Ireland has use
T.F.
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
In my opinion, this is the best of the St. Clares book written by Pamela Cox. Goodreads ratings however seem to suggest contrary to my personal ratings however. Somehow the feuds between forms did not seem characteristic of Enid Blyton's age, it did make an interesting read. Kitty is the most fun character among the ones created by Pamela Cox. However most of her characters lack depth and seem like mish mash of Enid Blyton's characters.
Bec
Nov 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: children-2000s
After reading the other two books that Pamela Cox wrote years ago for the St Clare's series, I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this one. I am happy to report that Kitty at St Clare's is actually a very good book, it's funny and it does feel like a proper St Clare's book.
Kelly
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Since I'm reviewing all of these properly on this round of rereads- I love this addition of the series. As with the other books in the St Clare's series Pamela Cox wrote, they feel a bit more modern compared to the St Clare books Enid Blyton actually wrote, and the characters a bit more grown up than they're perhaps meant to be.
But it's still a really fun book, possibly my favourite of Pamela Cox's books (at least in this series; I still prefer her Malory Towers additional books). However, alon
K.L.
Sep 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: school-stories
A *new* Blyton Fairly enjoyable but somehow just misses the atmosphere of the originals. McGinty the goat was a fun addition though
Tanya Rashid
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I like the other St. Clare books better than this one.
Deb Sharp
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All tween girls should read this series
Scarlett Carran
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not bad for Pamela Cox, tho her other works to fill in Blyton’s gaps in the St Clare’s series were better
Claire Baxter
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Pamela Cox books are still worth reading, but definitely not as good as the original series.
Yenti
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
The characters I love don't seem like themselves. It's still fun to read an extension of it (kinda like reading any new book of HP, not because it is good) :p
Beth Stewart
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kitty and McGinty are the new editions this term! They are both Irish - one's a girl and the other's a goat! Kitty is so clever; she tricked the spiteful Magaret because she made the other head girl lose her job! In this book, they (being the girls) play a new trick! Also, there is a BIG fued between the 2nd and 3rd form and so they play tricks to get back at each other. Amanda, also a new girl is kept behind to be in the 3rd form next year. She is mean at first but then turns nice. I love this ...more
Lady Entropy
Jan 08, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm glad I gave Pamela Cox another shot, because she improved dramatically, to the point of actually mimicking language in the books.

Sure, there are still some flaws (like how fast two of the girls make up, and the argument between Pat and Isabel being allowed to go on for so long) but still, I enjoyed myself reading this book.
Carina
Nov 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot because the characters are funny, and the plot is mysterious and interesting. In this St. Clare's book, there's troubles with sisters, friends, secrets, goats, and hostility between the second and third form when they have to share a common room. I recommend this book to anyone who liked any books by Enid Blyton.
Sally
I was not that fond of Kitty, she's a bit TOO much. Seems like Cox was trying too hard to create a typical, Blyton-esque madcap heroine.

I did enjoy the Amanda storyline though... well, enjoy may be the wrong word, because it was quite horrible! But it was an interesting one to follow.
Fay
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nostalgic tale that takes me back to my childhood.
Samantha McNulty
Jan 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
A light, quick read to get me out of a reading slump.
Satyu
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Clare Grové
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Reading this to my daughter brought back so many wonderful early reading memories from my experience of St Clare's 30 years ago.
Rutendo
pliz my i have more of thez story buks they are so good
Caroline Sayer
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
How did I read the whole series so fast when I'm supposed to be out exploring traveling. How are they still so good
Tracey Morait
Jan 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
See my review on Amazon.co.uk http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R13BL4...
Rita
Aug 18, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 !
The book was nothing special compared to other ones in this series, but however i really enjoyed it, mainly because of Kitty and McGinty :) They were so funny :D
It was a good bucket of fun :p
Ellena Laurenzia
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, shelf-23
The stories from the St. Clare's is something fascinating, it is not very different from Malory Towers but it most certainly has twists in it that I personally enjoy.
Kimberley