Start by marking “Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah (86 Bloomberg Place series #4)” as Want to Read:
Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah (86 Bloomberg Place series #4)

Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah (86 Bloomberg Place #4)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  423 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
In the final installment in the 86 Bloomberg Place series, Melody Carlson follows the girls in a crazed competition for bridesmaids, wedding locations, and showers.

Newly engaged Lelani has returned from Maui to Bloomberg Place and is trying to book her wedding date. Unfortunately there are scheduling conflicts for that same weekend. For starters, Megan and Marcus have a fa
Published September 1st 2009 by David C. Cook (first published August 6th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah

Leslie
Aug 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
I am one who cannot stop reading a book part-way through...or even a series for that matter. That is the only explanation I have for reading this book. It tied up loose ends in the series, but the first half of the book was slow reading and it didn't pick up much by the end.

This isn't a series that I would recommend as a great read.
Wyndy
Sep 26, 2009 rated it liked it
The girls at 86 Bloomberg Place have matured into young women now. One has a baby, one has a baby on the way and 2 are career oriented with serious boyfriends. Single women with babies, careers, and weddings often mean mothers and future in-laws in the background with control issues and sure enough these girls have them in spades. The story line works through these mother difficulties,how to pick the important controversies to stick to and what to let go, the death of a loved Nana, and insecurit ...more
Jessica Wilhoite
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
So sad to see this series end...wish there was another one on the horizon :)
Erin
See more reviews like this first on my blog

This book was a whirlwind from start to finish. So much ends up happening in this one from almost breakups, miscommunication issues, family disagreements and potential cheating happening. I really ended up liking this book surprisingly. I know I’ve had mixed review for the previous three due to my dislike for certain characters and how certain situations were handled. But I do feel like this one was a good ending to the series.
I don’t want to say too mu
Rachel
Nov 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-books
Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah is the fourth and last novel in the 86 Bloomberg series by Melody Carlson. Lelani and Kendall begin planning their weddings, with the help of family and friends. Lelani is trying to take of her daughter, Emma, but is reluctant to let her mother in law help her and gets frustrated when she does too much to help. Kendall's family don't think much of her, but her parents come to help her plan (and pay) for her wedding. Anna and Edmond go through a breakup when a new ...more
Christy Lockstein
Aug 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Three Weddings and a Bar Mitzvah by Melody Carlson is the fourth and final book in the 86 Bloomberg Place series. Lelani and Gil are trying to put their wedding together around the interference of his mother. Kendall's surprise proposal from Killiki inspires her to get married on the same day, which puts all four housemates into a whirl of excitement, especially when you throw in relationship troubles for Anna and Meghan! Carlson has really developed these four young women throughout the course ...more
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
The last of a series, this book was read to complete the stories of four girls that I had been following for some time. I read the rest of the series before this blog was even a thought on my radar.

A cute and sweet Christian fiction and chick lit read, I enjoyed following these four ladies through all their ups and downs. Although there were definitely some cheesy moments, this book had heart and actually a little bit of drama. I enjoyed that life wasn't all happy sunshines and there was some p
Anne
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was ok
Blah...it's the final book in a series (86 BLOOMBERG PLACE), but it's the only book from the series that I've read. So I'll admit, I didn't have the background stories the book was trying to wrap up. Still, the conclusions we trite and predictable. Neat and tidy. Leilani's final meeting w/her daughter's father was silly--why all the anguish? Her reunion w/her mother was expected for a wedding story. Kendall's "online marriage counseling" was convenient. And the story of Anna and Edmund was an "I ...more
Alex
Jun 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian-books
This was definitely not my favorite series of Melody Carlson's. It was okay, but nowhere near as good as her other ones. This last book was kind of cheesy, but I guess the whole series was.

(view spoiler)
Mayda
May 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Love is in the air for all the inhabitants of 86 Bloomberg Place. And wedding bells are ringing, but for whom? In this last installment in this Christian chick lit series, the women of this story are coming into their own. Kendall has made the greatest strides in personal development, but all have learned some life lessons. And so have some of the older adults, which disproves that old cliché, “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.” This novel neatly completes the saga with a mostly happy and ...more
Ky
Aug 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This book was definitely the best of the series because it had the most conflict and difficult situations for the characters to resolve. It's probably tricky having four main characters who equally share the story. The beginning of the series had a rough start, but I thought it was a cute, fun read by the end. I kind of wish I could know more of what happened to the characters, but this is the last book.
Nov 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
I read this in one night and overall thought it was a good end to the series. I like how the characters matured and seeing their family dynamics and learning to be grown ups and take responsibility for their relationships.

I did think the book was kind of superficial, as the author tried to follow four characters in only 300 pages and each character had some major life stuff going on.

A fun read, though.
Kana
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Summary
I'm so confused. Four women. One has a baby by a married guy and is expecting another baby and is getting married to the father? A second one had a baby and is getting married too, on the same day. I think.
Third women has a sister in law who's getting married the same day. And the fourth has a bar mitzvah to attend the same day..er weekend. I think, maybe.

It's my fault for jumping in on book four, but boy some back story would have been nice to go over.
Jen
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
I really enjoyed this series and I adore Melody Carlson's writing. However, the one issue I have with all her books that I've read so far is how they always end all nicely tied up with a happy ever after. I, also, wish for this series she would have revealed what sex and name Kendall's baby was given because now I'll always wonder about that.
Jodi
Aug 08, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow this was a really good book and I hope there will be a fifth in the series. Lelani and Kendall are both getting married and Megan and Anna are having boyfriend trouble. Lelani's mother ends up at the wedding after writing a very nice note her father was to give her before the wedding. Great book.
Heather
The conclusion of the story. You need to read the first three to really understand this book. I gave it 3 stars verses my 2 stars on the other books in the series because this is the only one with an ending.
Gerry
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the last in this series as the first but enjoyed it anyway.
Already, I've talked with people about things that happen in this book: the wedding fights and the relationship with one of the girls' grandmother.
It's a very touching story.
Alyssa
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was the perfect wrap-up to the series. Most conflicts were resolved, and it looked like everyone would be getting their happy ever after. I have come to love all of the Bloomberg girls equally and loved getting to know all of them through this series. I can't wait to read it again!
Nina Fender
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Though I had a hard time starting this series melody Carlson did not disappoint! Love the characters, and love all the twists and turns!
Jill
#4 in "86 Bloomberg Place" series
Jessica
Decent chick lit book. Easy read and semi-entertaining.
Carol
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Better than the other three, I thought - and I enjoyed the other 3 in the series too.
Andrea
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: drama, christian, 2012

The girls are back and they in the final installment of the book series. will everything get worked out? Will Kendall decided she doesn't want to keep her baby? Who is having the weddings?
Laurel Benson
Nov 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last of the series. Seemed like it ended fairly abruptly but it was still a good chick lit series.
Jodi
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this series - read all 4 books in a week or so.
Loved the way the girls grew as friends and how their faith grew as well
April
Sep 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book dragged in the middle and left a lot of unknowns for some of the characters. There was so much that could have been left out so we would have had a more complete ending.
Ashli
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5
CC
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'3.5': a good read... characters kept me interested and i actually picture them. read in 2-3 days whenevef had time to read.
Dec 21, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: jenniferegrant73@gmail.com
I'm not too fond of series that end with everyone happy and with a significant other and with no family/money woes etc. etc. But I like the author, I like her style and it was ok.
Kelcie
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I liked most about this whole series is that every time I finish the whole series I feel like I am going to miss my friends Lelani, Megan, Anna, and Kendall and the guys.
  • Stealing Adda
  • Rematch (Lauren Holbrook, #2)
  • She's Out of Control (Ashley Stockingdale, #2)
  • Piece de Resistance (French Twist, #3)
  • Kissing Adrien
  • Becca by the Book (Getaway Girls, #3)
  • Emily Ever After
  • Final Touch (The Rayne Tour, #3)
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • Saving Grace (New Heights Series, #2)
  • A Delirious Summer
  • High Stakes (Baxter #4)
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...

86 Bloomberg Place (4 books)
  • I Heart Bloomberg (86 Bloomberg Place, #1)
  • Let Them Eat Fruitcake (86 Bloomberg Place, #2)
  • Spring Broke (86 Bloomberg Place, #3)

Fiction Deals

• A House for Happy Mothers
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • The Lace Makers of Glenmara
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Quaker Café (Quaker Café #1)
  • The Whiskey Rebels
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Honest Spy
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • We Are All Made of Stars
  • Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons
  • Mercer Girls
    $4.99 $1.99
  • While the World Is Still Asleep (The Century Trilogy Book 1)
    $5.49 $1.99