Start by marking “Technical Communication Today” as Want to Read:
Technical Communication Today

Technical Communication Today

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews

Remaining firmly rooted in core rhetorical principles, Technical Communication Today presents computers as thinking tools that powerfully influence how we develop, produce, design, and deliver technical documents and presentations. Clear instruction describes technical documents and guides the reader through the activity of producing them, while a “chunked” narrative style

Paperback, Third Edition, 704 pages
Published January 1st 2009 by Longman

To ask other readers questions about Technical Communication Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Technical Communication Today

Lia
Jan 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: textbooks
This book is written in a clear style; it is well-laid out; its content is relevant, current, timely. The case studies are interesting and help students to see the ethical issues they will encounter in their field of work. The revision challenges are well-designed to give excellent learning to the students. Technology and cultural considerations are fully addressed in this text.

Very good text.
Dave
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I don't say this very often, but this is a very good textbook. Informative, organized, and just the right amount of information for my students. Lots of good example documents and a diverse enough group that students aren't tempted to be derivative in their own doc design. One chapter that could use some work is the one on presentations. Nancy Duarte wouldn't be too happy about the half measures taken there, but it's an easy one to supplement.
Jessica Blevins
This book is why I haven't read much lately...been teaching a university course on technical writing...the textbooks is ok...pretty repetitive...I wish it delved into some topics a little more deeply.
Morgan
Aug 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Fuck this book. Fuck it to hell. I hated this book. It's informative, yeah sure. But I had to read it for a class. I hated the class. I will NEVER read this. I will NEVER recommend this to anyone. This is the more boring shit ever.
Linda Walters
Aug 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent introduction to the field of technical writing/communications. It is used as the textbook for the University of California/San Diego's extension course Technical Communications I.
Robyn
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book for a class text. I will be keeping it as a good reference for technical writing projects in the future.
Diane Familia
Dec 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is worth keeping after you have finished reading it. It is very informative in that it explains what your reader's wants are in certain reports. I think it's a great intro textbook.
Mourad Hope
Jan 22, 2015 marked it as to-read
good
Wysterria
Jan 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
So very glad this technical writing class is almost over! I totally could have done without the books for this class. Luckily I will be getting a decent amount when I sell them back.
Joolee
Oct 08, 2016
Thea
Jun 03, 2015
Allyson
Informative, but it seems to go on and on. It is also very repetitive (each chapter repeats its content at least twice), which makes it harder to read.
Suge
Aug 21, 2016
Jayna Malcher
Sep 21, 2016

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »