Start by marking “Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats” as Want to Read:
Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats

Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats

(Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 2)

Bats fly into the spotlight in this exploration of such basics as where the live, how mothers raise their pups, and how they hunt for food. Included as well is a simple plan for a building a backyard bat house. 1995 "Pick of the Lists" (ABA)
Best Children's Science Books 1995 (Science Books and Films)
Published March 31st 1995 by HarperCollins Publishers Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats

midnightfaerie
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Wonderful book! My son picked this out on his own for one of his level 2 reading books, and I even think it's closer to a level 3 but we both really enjoyed it! We're having issues with mosquitoes lately since we've had flooding here in NE Ohio, and so the mosquito population has tripled this summer. My poor dogs get surrounded instantly the second they go outside. It's miserable. This book talks about how to be careful not to disturb bats in caves and how they can eat 300 mosquitoes in 15 minut ...more
Xxertz
Nov 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is very informative and is aimed to educate elementary school children about bats.

There was a strong influence on the ways that humans can accidentally cause bats to die in this book and my 9 year old nephew was a little sensitive to these facts (although his 8 year old sister wasn't), but, overall, it's essential for kids to know how our inadvertent actions can affect these animals.

This book also touched on what to do if a bat flies into one's house. This isn't a common problem where
Ashley
Aug 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book to teach children about bats. I learned quite a bit as well. There are even plans in the end to build a bat house.
Lynn  Davidson
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very interesting and informative picture book about several types of bats, which are amazing little mammals that must be protected. Fabulous illustrations.
Elizabeth
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
AR 3.9
Karlie Devenney
This is another book that includes illustrates which is different from most nonfiction books. It includes a lot of information as well as labeling the bat.
Christina Mendez
Jan 19, 2018 rated it liked it
I think is a good book to look information about it bats I rate this 3 I guess bye
K
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of facts and information about bats. It combats myths about bats and even includes information about building a bat house. The back of the book contains information about various bat species. This book would be great to use in an elementary classroom when students are learning about bats.
Siskiyou-Suzy
Aw, bats. Bats are so wonderful. I wish I had appreciated them when I used to live in my forest-lake house. They would come out as the sun was setting and zoom and dive over the lake. I was barely interested then, but now it would be so nice to watch them.

This is a nice introduction for older children, with a lot of love for bats packed in these pages.
Carson Marie
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book is part of the Let's Read and Find out Science. These books have stages for children to move through them at there own pace. The author makes the non fiction reading interesting and fun to learn about. My favorite is the activity in the end on how to build a homemade bat house.
Jessica Chambliss
Mar 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read this book in a lesson to teach children about nocturnal animals! The children loved it and were very interested becuase children these days don't hear much about bats! This book is great for 1-3!
Kaylen Matherly
This is a book all about bats. It gives all the facts you need to know about all the different types of bats. It is a informational text, so if I were teaching my students about bats, this would be the book to use.
Carol Royce Owen
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Just preread this to read with a group of second graders. It's filled with great information about bats, wonderful illustrations by Henry Cole and non-fiction features such as bat facts and even a plan to build a bat house.
Chaunte' Lyde-pace
This book is very,very,very awesome.
Liz Todd
Nov 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: bats, nonfiction
Easy to read aloud text. Lots and lots of information with not too many words!

Nhlohr
Jul 17, 2017 added it
Shelves: libs-642
This is a nonfiction book that gives students facts that are easy to understand and teach them how helpful bats can be. Did you know that bats can eat up to 3000 insects in one night? Illustrations and diagrams show us the difference between bat and bird wings and how bats use their features to fly, hang and clean themselves.
Jen
Jan 27, 2012
Ronni Magee
Oct 24, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science, Stage 2 (1 - 10 of 90 books)
  • Your Skin and Mine
  • Digging Up Dinosaurs
  • Dinosaurs Are Different
  • Fossils Tell of Long Ago
  • Dinosaur Bones
  • What Happened to the Dinosaurs?