Start by marking “A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire, #7)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
A Dream of Spring

George R.R. Martin

A Dream of Spring

(A Song of Ice and Fire #7)

Originally titled A Time For Wolves. The seventh and apparent final book of George R. R. Martin's acclaimed series, A Song of Ice and Fire.
Hardcover
Published by Harper Voyager

To ask other readers questions about A Dream of Spring, please sign up.
Linus I'm sorry, but he does not NEED to do anything. He is not obligated to finish this series just because thousands of loud fans scream for him to write…moreI'm sorry, but he does not NEED to do anything. He is not obligated to finish this series just because thousands of loud fans scream for him to write faster. Reminding him of his age and health is quite rude. His books should not be a product of our greed. I wouldn't want anyone else to write his books for him, and I would wait however long it takes. (less)

Junkie for the Written Word
10/14/12 I'm just going to go ahead and assume that my daughter, who was negative 7 when A Game of Thrones came out, will be sexually active and possibly married with children by the time this book is released. Just call me Granny.

Ana O
Nov 09, 2016 marked it as to-read
When is the book coming out?

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

In other words, never.

I keep telling myself, 'just walk away from it.' Pff, as if. I am currently reading the entire series. Because I am a masochist.

photo tumblr_lw8cm8Zgeo1qhlg9n_zpsyvqr1uat.gif

Jon Snow be like :

(view spoiler)

P.S. I liked the title A Time For Wolves so much better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Click
Sean Barrs the Bookdragon
Aug 28, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fantasy
*Possible Spoilers about the last season of GOT ahead. *

After watching the final episode of season seven this morning, the original title for this book “a time for wolves” seems very appropriate. I'm loving the Jon and Dany romance, and I'm loving the Stark reunion in Winterfell.

description

description

I wonder how it will all end. I have my own ideas. I think it will go either of four ways. I’ve listed them in the order I think are most likely to happen:

1. Dany and Jon die together with the Night King (or whoever the
Sharyn
Jan 02, 2013 marked it as to-read
How can it have 4 1/2 stars when it hasn't been WRITTEN yet?
Mandapanda
Mar 30, 2013 marked it as fantasy-to-read
Shelves: fantasy
I love this rant from a fellow reader's review: "I promise you this Mr. George Arr Arr Martin, if you have the audacity to die before you finish this series, I will wait patiently until I die as well, all the while plotting my revenge, then I will suck your spirit down into an abyss filled with thousands and thousand of clones of Kathy Bates with sledge hammers and Dr. Quinn Medicine Women. They will all stand in line, each waiting for their chance to break every bone in your body and then heal ...more
Mohammed Arabey
Mar 13, 2015 marked it as for-consideration

Dear George R.R. Martin, King of the Seven Kingdoms & beyond.
For the Seven Gods sake make it Se7en & no more please. We wish to read an ending in our current life..just This One..

It's Better saying "Why he ended the series in Seven" than "Why he kept the series going that far"

And you can kill Every remaining character in the next 2 ,you're doing that already ,we know

I've just started book one and it's awesome, fast thrilling and in perfect pace so far, and I know that what's next is bi
Dan Schwent
May 03, 2013 marked it as will-preorder-when-i-can
Will I be teleporting to pick this one up or just getting it beamed directly into my head?
Joey
Sep 16, 2012 marked it as to-read
2020?! Why did I ever start this series
Scarlett
Jun 27, 2013 marked it as to-read
Life goal: live longer than my favorite characters or at least until the series are finished.
Jonathan Alexander
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east...
Fables&Wren
Dec 12, 2017 marked it as to-read
2021... a year after Winds of Winter... what kind of fantasy land is this person living in?
✨    jamieson   ✨
I'm upset. This was originally titled "A Time for Wolves"

Wolves = Stark family

A TIME FOR WOLVES IMPLIES GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING TO THE STARKS AND THAT MAKES ME HAPPY. THAT GIVES ME HOPE. PROTECT THE REMAINING STARKS !!

A MONTAGE OF MY BABIES

THIS. FAMILY. DESERVES. TO. CATCH. A. BREAK.

So why change the name. WHY. Let (the rest) of my FAVS LIVE
Kevin Xu
Aug 01, 2011 marked it as to-read
When this comes out, it will feel like a season has passed in the books.
Eliza Rapsodia
Aug 19, 2017 marked it as wishlist
I AM WAITING FOR YA

Dannii Elle
Feb 15, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
A girl can dream...
Olivia
Sep 05, 2012 marked it as to-read
Oh my god. How devastated would I be if he died before he was finished with this. Like I would cry myself to sleep.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Oct 31, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 21th-century
A Dream of Spring (A Song of Ice and Fire #7), George R.R. Martin
Elic
Nov 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The first half was okay, but I was completely blown away by the end! Totally unexpected - blew my mind. Can't wait for Book 8!!!

- Dan Ehrlich
Victoria
Jun 12, 2013 marked it as to-read
Seven hells!!! Expected publication of 2019?!

Ok, so it's better than 2020... But at this rate the TV series will be finished before the books they're based off of
Belinda (TheBookBuddies)
Dec 04, 2013 marked it as to-read
HOW DOES THIS HAVE A COVER WHEN WINDS OF WINTER ISN'T EVEN OUT YET????
Ines IBRAHIM
May 03, 2017 marked it as to-read
What IF George RR Martin released two books at once !

Sara Brown
Jul 07, 2012 marked it as to-read
hoping to get this book by my 40th birthday, for the record just celebrated my 32nd back in May. probably shouldnt hold my breath!
Zainab Ali
Aug 27, 2016 marked it as to-read
If GRRM doesn't die before finishing this book, perhaps I'll be able to read it with my grandchildren.
Oh, and just for the record, I liked the title A Time For Wolves so much more. We had a dragon-related title, why can't we have a wolf-related one as well?
Tahreem Iqbal
Jun 21, 2018 marked it as no-interest
جورج انکل پہلے چھٹی کتاب تو لکھ لیں۔۔۔۔۔۔
Lisa
Jun 24, 2013 marked it as not-released-yet
He might die before it comes out..
WhyYesIYA/Bebe
May 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
Please release this book BEFORE you kick the bucket

P.S. Loved the old title
priya
Jan 01, 2015 marked it as to-read
i
Sifra (brilliant bookshelf)
Feb 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
Shelves: want-to-own
The original title a Time for Wolves makes me so hopeful that a Stark will end up on the throne! Please please please George R.R. Martin live until the last book is published. I don't think I'll survive if the series has no conclusion/ending :O
Nermin
I'm almost happy that the expected publication date is set for 2019. Somehow, I don't trust GRRM to finish two huge books in 6 years. I imagine myself, almost 30 then, god knows where and doing what, waiting for this book to come out. It would be really funny if it wasn't so sad:(
how old will you be when the book comes out haha 5 111 Oct 06, 2016 11:05PM
I guess it won't be a very long winter! 1 36 Jan 07, 2015 10:22AM
Rating Before Publication 4 140 Feb 27, 2014 06:15AM
Ending theory? 2 101 Feb 27, 2014 06:13AM
Goodreads Librari...: Not yet published 4 71 Sep 03, 2012 12:26PM
  • Untitled (The Stormlight Archive, #10)
  • The Ministry of Necessity (Gentleman Bastard, #5)
  • Other Worlds
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Ebon (Pegasus, #2)
  • Maker's Curse (Millennium’s Rule, #4)
  • Untitled (The Bone Season, #4)
  • Beneath the Twisted Trees (The Song of the Shattered Sands, #4)
  • Untitled (Threads of Power, #1)
  • The Eye of Andromeda (Age of X, #3)
  • Gordini Protocols (Shades of Grey, #3)
  • The Returned (The Archived, #3)
George R.R. Martin was born September 20, 1948, in Bayonne, New Jersey. His father was Raymond Collins Martin, a longshoreman, and his mother was Margaret Brady Martin. He has two sisters, Darleen Martin Lapinski and Janet Martin Patten.

A Song of Ice and Fire (7 books)
  • A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
  • A Clash of Kings  (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)
  • A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3)
  • A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4)
  • A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5)
  • The Winds of Winter (A Song of Ice and Fire, #6)