Start by marking “How to Read the Akashic Records: Accessing the Archive of the Soul and Its Journey” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  460 ratings  ·  36 reviews
For thousands of years, mystics, masters, and sages from various world traditions have read the Akashic Records-a dynamic repository that holds information about every soul and its journey. Once reserved for a "spiritually gifted" few, this infinite source of wisdom and healing energy is now available for readers everywhere to answer questions big and small. How can I find ...more
Published April 28th 2009 by Sounds True (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about How to Read the Akashic Records, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Read the Akashic Records

really liked it 4.00  ·

Lia
Feb 12, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2011, library
I don't even know where to begin. There was so much that was wrong with this book. This has nothing to do with Akashic Records, and is just fluffy, dressed up intuition play (despite its weak protestations) with sides of emotional manipulation (if you're reading this book, it's because the Lords of the Records called you, "collect, long distance" and you accepted the charge) and arbitrary rules ("It's also fun to... listen to music with your Records open. Just make sure that the music is somethi ...more
Iona  Stewart
Jul 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The Akashic Records are ”a dimension of consciousness that contains a vibrational record of every soul and its journey”. This body of knowledge contains everything that every soul has ever thought, said and done over the course of its existence.

In this book we are guided to easily access these records both for ourselves and others. We can ask questions and be healed/heal our clients, We use the Pathway Prayer Process, which is part of the “sacred prayer” tradition, to access the Records.

I have n
Monty
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
I rated this book with four stars with some reservations. Basically the book is well-organized and clearly written. The author outlines what the Akashic records are all about and how they can be used for oneself as well for others. She describes a well-integrated schema for healing. I think that the companion CD set (if you don't take the course from the author at http://www.akashicstudies.com/) would be a useful way to begin learning to access and use the Akasha. Ordinarily I would follow her d ...more
Cecilia
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book. I've done a training in Akashic Readings and this book helped me get a deeper perspective on some aspects of accessing and reading the Akashic Records.
Sally
Nov 03, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: new-age
Well meaning, but I don't believe this connects people with a "divine" or "universal" level of consciousness or "akashic records," as claimed. It reminds me of a statement by St. John of the Cross:
. . . I am appalled at what happens in these days -- namely, when some soul with the very smallest experience of meditation, if it be conscious of certain locutions of this kind in some state of recollection, at once christens them all as coming from God, and assumes that this is the case, saying: "God
Debbra Lupien
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Metaphysical fans
This could be the start of something big!

I read this book at the beginning of my journey to the Akasha. It was invaluable in opening the pathways to an incredible journey which ultimately led to living my soul purpose. I am hugely indebted to Linda Howe for providing the roadmap that literally transformed my life. Today I read the records professionally and facilitate transformations for others. It is the most soul satisfying work I have ever found. Don't let the simplicity of this book fool you
Susan Brochin
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my second time through this wonderful book. I have nothing but great respect for Linda Howe. She’s an excellent teacher and extremely thorough and her exclamation of how to use the records. I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in transformational personal growth. The exercises are easy to use and very effective.
Laurie
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Going into the Akashic records is fascinating. It gives me a different perspective on what is happening in my life.

Listening to this audio book is a first step for me. I am listening to her second book about healing in the Akashic records. There is a whole world in there and I am excited to continue to learn more about it.
Julie
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the audio and the physical copy the very weekend that I had a chance to meet Linda Howe. She is a personality and a half and I TRULY appreciate her work and her dedication to this practice. As a regular practitioner, I am SO GRATEFUL for her and all that she has done to bring this practice out into the world.
Antonio
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the beginning I have some points of view quite different from the author; nevertheless when reading the rest of the book I started having a sense of peace and relax (just for reading). Still recommend this topic for those interested, even if you have any previous knowledge or you are new.
Rose Boyer
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was already familiar with these concepts before reading this book, so they didn't seem so far out there for me. This book is not for everyone and many might think it ridiculous. But personally, I appreciated the authors dedication to spiritual ideas.
Rena Sherwood
"No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney." (Bloom County)

One of the books that made me realize that there are no gods, no goddesses, no life after death and no "magick." Now I'm an atheist. Seriously -- how can anyone with an ounce of common sense believe this stuff?
Pattie
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always wanted to know more about these records! Linda presents a wealth of info on how to access the records for yourself and others and the potential to heal for all. Outstanding book!
Michael Theroux
Feb 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
If you have an interest in the Akashic records this book is a great first step. Once you have read the book your feelings will guide you into knowing what to do next.
S. Div.
Dec 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
As a hypnotherapist and shamanic teacher and student I had high hopes for the presentation of this material. In this New Age of techniques and energies coming into the planet, the myriad information about the Akashic Records can be confusing to novices and even veteran students. I went into this book excitedly seeking a different approach to the Records. While Howe clearly demonstrates her own experiences using the Records for herself and others, I remain unconvinced that this is a solid text fo ...more
Marcia Noren
Apr 30, 2011 rated it liked it
The first book I've read on this specific topic; I followed the precise directions recommended by the author and her method did work for me. There are too many autobiographical anecdotes peppered throughout the text, but I plan to investigate the Records through other resources, and am glad that this book came to me as a gift from a good friend. Would recommend it as a "primer" for those with experience in the discipline of meditation.
Jan
First off, the writing in this book is quite clear and easy to follow--that what it has going for it--so if you are interested in the Akasha then you might give it a try...from there you just need to figure out if you feel comfortable following Linda Howe's Pathway Prayer. That's what I have to figure out for myself at this junction.
Andy Grant
Mar 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I took the corresponding live class to learn how to read the Records, but reading this book was a great benefit too. Linda is a fantastic teacher and her Pathway Prayer Process has always worked like a charm for me.
Natasha Argan
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Not the most engaging or best written book I've read, but the information it shares is invaluable. A self- empowering book that accomplishes what it sets out to do.
Much appreciation to Linda Howe for sharing this information :)
Kim Dallmeier
Oct 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Whether or not I believe in the Akashic Records doesn't really matter when reading this book - which I treated as a 'Self-Help'. It was full of insightful meditative questions one can ask themselves about their life, their path. I found it really interesting.
Betsy
May 02, 2015 rated it liked it
I haven't done the exercises yet, or said the prayer so I don't know if this works just from reading a book. I'll try though. The one thing I don't like is all the talk of Gd. If she used Source or Creator it would make it more palatable for me. I do appreciate the sharing of information.
Rachel
Jul 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are better books on this subject
Donna Brown
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
There are some nuggets in this book that you can enjoy.
Jewelz
Jun 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It's very interesting and I believe I found my calling...
Sammy Sutton
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, an interesting account of the sometimes mysterious Akashic Records. Nice spiritual as well as research source.
Judith
Sep 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing. Off the wall. Access to the Book of Life to help guide our choices? Why not? So many things are there only for the asking. My first try at it was VERY interesting!
Debra
Dec 07, 2014 rated it liked it
My first read on the subject. A good introductory primer perhaps but I have yet to make an emotional or spiritual connection. Need to investigate further.
Maria (Ri)
Wow. I didn't really know what to expect when I checked this out of the library. I'm glad I found it - or it found me - right at the right time!
Heidi
Jun 20, 2010 marked it as to-read
I will get back to this one during a more introspective time in my life. Too much on my plate at the moment!
Emily Judds
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
I really thought I was going to love this, and I just really did not. I think the Akashic Records are a very legitimate thing, but this book was all sorts of fluff.

• Advanced Energy Anatomy: The Science of Co-Creation and Your Power of Choice
  • Dreams, "Evolution," and Value Fulfillment, Volume One: A Seth Book
  • Promised by Heaven: A Doctor's Return from the Afterlife to a Destiny of Love and Healing
  • The Power of Receiving: A Revolutionary Approach to Giving Yourself the Life You Want and Deserve
  • Leveraging the Universe: 7 Steps to Engaging Life's Magic (Abridged)
  • Edgar Cayce on the Akashic Records
  • What God Said: The 25 Core Messages of Conversations with God That Will Change Your Life and th e World
  • التسامح: أعظم علاج على الإطلاق
  • The Book of Mastery: The Mastery Trilogy: Book I
  • Awaken the Spirit Within: 10 Steps to Ignite Your Life and Fulfill Your Divine Purpose
  • Soul Lessons and Soul Purpose: A Channeled Guide to Why You Are Here
  • The Bookseller
  • After This: When Life Is Over, Where Do We Go?
  • The Intuitive Way: A Guide to Living from Inner Wisdom
  • They Walked with Jesus: Past Life Experiences with Christ
  • Super Rich: A Guide to Having It All
  • Courageous Dreaming: How Shamans Dream the World into Being
  • Parenting with Presence: Practices for Raising Conscious, Confident, Caring Kids
After nearly two decades of spiritual searching, I encountered the Akashic Records in 1994, and have been deliberately engaging them for personal growth and consciousness development (for myself and others) ever since! One of the first ideas I explored was accessing the Akasha as an infinite, spiritual resource for empowerment and transformation. At the time, I thought I clearly understood it all. ...more
“The idea of the human experience is to become in the physical the perfect self that already exists in the Akasha at the soul level.” 0 likes