Start by marking “Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type” as Want to Read:
Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type

Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type (Farmer Brown's Barnyard Tales)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  70,742 Ratings  ·  2,372 Reviews
The literacy rate in Farmer Brown's barn goes up considerably once his cows find an old typewriter and begin typing. To the harassed farmer's dismay, his communicative cows quickly become contentious:
Dear Farmer Brown,
The barn is very cold at night. We'd like some electric blankets.
Sincerely,
The Cows

When he refuses to comply with their demands, the cows take action. Farme
Published 2001 by Scholastic Inc (first published September 1st 1999)

Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘
Nov 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ by: Kat Stark

Hey! French fellows!

You don't understand this review? Check this. You're welcome.

All in all, an hilarious and original book. It gave bad ideas to my pupils though. Oh, well. Better now than never. We must preserve our reputation after all.

PS. I always knew ducks weren't worthy of trust. Just saying.
Philip
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perhaps the most comprehensive book ever written on understanding labor dispute.
Anne
Jan 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-children
All of my kids have loved this one! Especially the ending where Duck takes off with the typewriter!
Elizabeth
HA HA! Workers of the world unite! I'm not sure how I accidentally checked out this book on how to explain union movements to your toddler, but this was a h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s, bizarre, and unexpected read.
Jackie "the Librarian"
Oct 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cow lovers everywhere
You gotta watch out for those smart cows. Once they realize their power over farmers, there is no end to what they might ask for. Room service. Extra towels. Facials. And you know what THAT means - the price of ice cream will skyrocket!
Never let a cow near a typewriter, that's all I'm saying.
Paul
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely hilarious! I may have an infantile sense of humour but this book made me laugh like a deranged milkman. It reminded me of the sort of thing Spike Milligan used to write.

The illustrations are also rather wonderful, in a Quentin Blake-ish style. Fantastic book. Every child should have this on their bookshelf.
Kathryn
Amusing though smacked a little too much of labor strikes and typical corporate bad guys vs. dissatisfied workers for my taste... I know, I know, it is a kids book, though, and it IS hilarious to think of those cows click-clack-mooing away in the barn! :-)
Marieke
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to give this book five stars. It's so fun to read and the artwork is wonderful. But the little 17-month old in whose library it now belongs, is a little slow to warm up to new books. So I'm withholding a star until he responds to it the way he does to Little Blue Truck and Go, Dogs, Go!
Richard
I wonder how cows managed to type with their reduced number of digits and no opposable thumbs. At least the hens or the messenger duck could have used the hunt and peck method, but apparently this did not occur until later in the book. This book was written in the year 2000. One wonders why the farm animals did not use computers; with a decent voice recognition software, they might have avoided the awkwardness and tedium of typing altogether.
Chim Cụt
QUYỂN SÁCH CÁCH MẠNG

Bò đánh máy mở đường cho con gái đến với thế giới sách nói chung và sách ít chữ nhiều tranh đẹp mê ly nói riêng. Ờ thì dù chưa biết chữ nhưng con nghe mẹ đọc vậy chắc cũng không khác mấy với mẹ nghe sách nói.

Mẹ đã cố gắng nhập vai tốt nhất có thể, đầu tiên là bò, sau đó là vịt. Một lần, hai lần còn thú vị, chứ đến lần thứ n - khi mà trang sách đã khá nhàu rồi á - thì mẹ chả thích thú gì nữa, vì cứ phải b ò ò ò, b ò ò ò, b ò ò ò..., quạc, quạc, quạc... liên tục thôi. Con gái h
mini lesson 3 1 3 Oct 22, 2017 09:55PM
Design Elements Analysis-Book 2 1 4 Jan 27, 2017 05:27PM
  • There Is a Bird on Your Head! (Elephant & Piggie, #4)
  • Interrupting Chicken
  • The Stray Dog
  • A Sick Day for Amos McGee
  • King Bidgood's in the Bathtub
  • A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever
Doreen Cronin was a practicing attorney in Manhattan when her first book Click, Clack Moo: Cows That Type became a publishing success. But her book was not published overnight, in fact, she had written this barnyard tale even before attending law school but only received rejection letters from publishers. Five years after submitting the original manuscript she got a call from a publisher who want ...more
More about Doreen Cronin...

Farmer Brown's Barnyard Tales (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Giggle, Giggle, Quack
  • Duck for President
  • Dooby Dooby Moo
  • Thump, Quack, Moo: A Whacky Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Boo!: A Tricky Treat
  • Click, Clack, Quackity-Quack: An Alphabetical Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Peep!
  • Click, Clack, Splish, Splash: A Counting Adventure
  • Click, Clack, Ho! Ho! Ho!
  • Click, Clack, Moo and More: A Barnyard Collection