Start by marking “Wolverine: First Class - Wolverine-by-Night” as Want to Read:
Wolverine: First Class - Wolverine-by-Night

Wolverine: First Class - Wolverine-by-Night

(Wolverine: First Class #3)

Flashing claws versus fists of fury! Thats right - Wolverine takes on Shang-Chi, Master of Kung-Fu! Then, though a lycanthropes bite has turned Wolverine into a true raging beast of the night, he may have at last found peace in his werewolf pack. But when he learns that the focus of the packs vengeance is Kitty Prydes father, only Jack Russell, the Werewolf-by-Night, may b ...more
Published April 15th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine

Scott
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
I think this series is now officially running on fumes for me. It begins with yet another Wolverine vs. archenemy Sabretooth showdown before moving into a two-chapter story involving . . . werewolves (?!). The only thing I'll really remember about that particular adventure was Kitty Pryde's deplorable treatment of a vintage '65 Ford Mustang during the climax. The story - and the car - deserved better.

Things belatedly - though too little, too late - get better with the finale, in which the teachi
Quentin Wallace
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Two things I should mention first that I didn't mention in prior reviews of this series. One is that this series is set early in X-Men continuity, right after Kitty Pryde joined the team, and these stories are mostly Kitty Pryde and Wolverine team-ups in some form. The second thing is the art is really good in this series, at least when you consider it's aimed at younger readers.

Now, for this volume specifically. We had another Sabretooth skirmish, and this issue guest starred Shang-Chi, the Mas
Max Ostrovsky
I seriously want some recognition and a parade for getting this far into the series.
Nicolas
Jul 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is a fun, low-stakes series. I like Wolverine and Kitty as a team. Plus, this was my introduction to Shang-Chi adn the Werewolf-by-Night.

Tune in here for my interview with the author, Fred Van Lente: https://soundcloud.com/allthebooks/of...
M
Apr 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Fred Van Lente and a host of artists team up for the all-ages adventures of Wolverine and Kitty Pryde. The opening issue sends Wolverine to Shang-Chi, hoping to tame his inner beast before another violent confrontation with Sabretooth. The next arc turns a survival field trip into a werewolf showdown, as classic Marvel monster Werewolf-by-Night turns up to help Kitty Pryde against a pack bent on revenge. The final issue highlights the different teaching methods of Cyclops and Wolverine, as a rou ...more
Gavin
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
I'm guessing the First Class series is geared towards younger/teen readers. The first story has Logan learning from a martial arts master so he can defeat Sabretooth, but other than that, the rest of the stories are faily blasé. Artwork is solid but without a story, it's just pretty pictures. Maybe a good intro to Wolverine for kids? I'm only partially joking...I don't think I needed to read Vol 1-2 of Wolverine First Class before reading this, and I don't think I'll rush to read any more of the ...more
Randy
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Wolverine is one of my favourite superheroes, so when I was cataloguing this book, I could not resist and started reading it. It is a series of stories, unconnected, that reveal different aspects of wolverine's character. I liked the first story as he learns to defeat some of his inner demons and in doing so defeat Sabretooth. The other stories are just silly, and not as enjoyable.
Jay Rox
Mar 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Wolverine gets bitt by a warewolf & starts running with the pack. this story is about Wolverine letting out his inner beast in a crowed that encourage is it but he faces a crossroads & has to make the right decision. Very entertaining story with lots of surprises
Michael
Feb 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Fantastic! I don't care that this is aimed at more of the younger crowd, Van Lente made this comic over the top and tons of fun. Something more comics could remember. They don't all need to be Civil War.
Patrick
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it
The wolverine being bitten by a lyconthrope thing was kind of cool.
Jostalady
Jun 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I enjoyed this one. It has less violence and has elements that appeal to a wider range in age. I really love the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine relationship and here is more of it :)
Katie
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, comic-books
Random werewolf story arc is random.
Angela
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Some good stories and great teamwork from Kitty and Wolverine.
K.
Random werewolf story arc is random.
Kaitie
Oct 17, 2014
Caleb
Apr 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Van Lente was raised by a mystery-loving mother (who preferred Dorothy Sayers to Agatha Christie, but we won't hold that against her) and a wisecracking Woody Allen-lookalike scientist father in what appears to be some kind of genetic experiment to write his first novel, TEN DEAD COMEDIANS, even though neither parent nor the son himself would know it for many years.

Van Lente spent his time betwee

Wolverine: First Class (5 books)
  • Wolverine: First Class - The Rookie