Start by marking “Wanderlust (Beautiful Americans, #2)” as Want to Read:
Wanderlust (Beautiful Americans, #2)

Wanderlust

(Beautiful Americans #2)

Angst and betrayal abound as teens search the French countryside for their missing classmate, in this exciting sequel to Beautiful Americans.
Published December 24th 2009 by Razorbill

To ask other readers questions about Wanderlust, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wanderlust

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsIsla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie PerkinsLola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen JohnsonThere You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones
Study Abroad
84 books — 111 voters
Private by Kate BrianThe Weaver of Odds by Louise BlackwickPretty Little Liars by Sara ShepardWitch Born by Amber ArgyleCaptivate by Vanessa Garden
Best TEEN Series
22 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

stephanie
Dec 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i have a lot to say about this book.

first, i have to admit that when i first started it, i was worried. it seemed too superficial, almost, especially knowing where we left off.

luckily, i shouldn't have worried a wit.

the plot revolves around penelope jane (PJ) who has run away from the lycee. (i think it's important to read the first book in this series before picking this one up. you'll spend too much time trying to figuring out the wrong things. there is a lot in this book that you don't kno
Kari
Nov 06, 2009 rated it really liked it

This installment in the Beautiful Americans series was just as enchanting as the first, almost making me believe at times I was sitting in a French cafe. The imagery is well done but never overzealous and the characters slip into French at just the right time to remind the reader where the settting is. Even with the different stops made in this book, each city's unique aspects are shown at perfect moments. This series most definitely makes me want to travel through France.

The only real issue I t
Stephanie
Apr 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Wanderlust follows right after Beautiful Americans end - when PJ decides to leave in search of her sister, Annabel. So this is one of those books where you really need to read the first book before you'll understand the second.

The plot, as always, have a lot of "meat" in it and it's full of rich details and the writing is wonderful. I love how it flows and creates suspense between each of the character's point of view. Like the first book, I enjoyed reading the plot through Olivia, Alex, PJ and
Katie
Apr 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
SPOILER ALERT: If you haven't read the first book in the trilogy this review may contain spoilers!
Wanderlust starts right where Beautiful Americans left off. It's winter break for the members of the Programme Americaine and that means new adventures for PJ, Alex, Olivia, and Zack. Where Beautiful Americans seemed like there wasn't enough going on, Wanderlust almost had too much going on.

PJ had run away to find her sister leaving nothing but a note behind. The note brings Jay, Alex, Olivia, and Z
Lenore Appelhans
Jul 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
WANDERLUST picks up where BEAUTIFUL AMERICANS left off – at Christmas break. Our 4 narrators, spoiled rich girl Alex, ballerina Olivia, recently uncloseted Zack and troubled PJ all set off on adventures away from their exchange program and away from Paris.

Despite a 10 month reading gap between books, it was easy for me to slip back into the rhythms of the characters and their complicated relationships. The drama has been upped a notch thanks to the “PJ in trouble” storyline, yet somehow everyone
Ariana S.
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wanderlust takes place right where Beautiful Americans (the first book of this 3-part series) left the reader hanging. Again, the four teenages have gotten themselves into trouble, but this time, it's going to be much harder to get out if it.
I really liked Beautiful Americans, so I knew that I would love Wanderlust. The book was full of mystery, scandals, and romance-- all the things that pique my interest.
Also, what made the book much more interesting for me was that I read it right after my t
Aug 17, 2010 rated it liked it
Second in the Beautiful Americans trilogy.

About the same as the first - rich kids, Paris, anguished love, daddy issues, and more.

I liked this one a little less than the first because of the unbelievable coincidences - really, in a town of thousands, you just happened on one person? Really?

However, I don't read these for the logic. I read them for the drama - and there was plenty in this one.

The ending was a good one, and I'll be reading the final book in the trilogy when it's released in October
Melissa
Feb 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Liked it! Fast, fun read - this is turning out to be a great YA series by Silag with sex and suspense.
Amy Butcher
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
So not what I expected,a good writing style but not of interest to me.
Megan Otero
Nov 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
So I felt like this book was a lot better than the first. This one had more drama and showed the characters personalities a little better. By the time I was halfway through the book, I kept wanting to read and read. There wasn't any descriptive sex scenes, or intimate scenes for that matter, so the book was written in a clean manner but there is suggestive parts in the novel. I really enjoyed reading this book and I can't wait to get the next one.
Sarah Hannah
Nov 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
A completely implausible, preposterous adventure, the sequel to the sillypants book about American teenagers in Paris that was a more intelligent version of other teen chick lit. This was an excellent read as a travel story, but the characters are pretty average or cliche.

Review here: http://teenreads.com/reviews/97815951...
Kim
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was ok
kon me niet boeien
Nov 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult-teen
Read for professional review.
Abbey
Dec 28, 2009 rated it liked it
3.5
Emilyjayne
Oct 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
it was obvious that PJ wants to kill herself or something else big happens.i am not so happy with.this book but i hope the third one is a bit better.
Ashley

Jul 04, 2013
Berlyn Louise
Sep 12, 2012
Lucy
Apr 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Margaux
Nov 09, 2012
Angela Aubergine
Feb 05, 2013
Stephenie
rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2013
Beautiful Americans 2 9 Jun 25, 2010 07:15PM

• Castration Celebration
  • Subway Girl
  • A Thirst for Home: A Story of Water across the World
  • Watch for Me by Moonlight (The Midnight Twins, #3)
  • Love, Lies and Texas Dips (The Debs, #2)
  • The Tear Collector
  • The Julian Game
  • The Lost Sister (Sisters of Misery, #2)
  • So Many Boys (The Naughty List, #2)
  • Stealing Death
  • The Blonde of the Joke
  • Precisely Terminated (Cantral Chronicles, #1)
  • Indigo Blues
  • 10 Messages Your Angels Want You to Know
  • Revenge of the Loser (The Loser List #2)
  • Taken by Storm (Taken by Storm, #1)
  • Little Black Lies
  • Ice Song
Lucy Silag is the author of the Beautiful Americans novels for young adults (Razorbill/Penguin) and has written for many publications including Salon, Allure, New York magazine, Real Simple Travel, The Iowa Review, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Globe and Mail in Canada, and the Independent on Sunday magazine in the UK. She is a graduate of the Women’s Studies program at UC Santa Cruz and holds ...more

Beautiful Americans (3 books)
  • Beautiful Americans (Beautiful Americans, #1)
  • Experienced (Beautiful Americans, #3)