Start by marking “Angelic (Otherworld Stories, #9.3)” as Want to Read:
Angelic (Otherworld Stories, #9.3)

Angelic

(Otherworld Stories #9.3)

As a half-demon master of the dark arts, Eve Levine isn’t what anyone would call angelic. That’s exactly why the Fates chose her for the job. She’s their secret weapon against the forces of evil. However after five years, Eve is tired of being the designated rebel of the angel corps, expected to break the rules, then penalized for it. When the leaderless djinn stage an ...more
Published December 8th 2009 by Subterranean Press

To ask other readers questions about Angelic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Angelic

Start your review of Angelic (Otherworld Stories, #9.3)
Robin
Mar 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Eve Levine has just finished a six-month stint as an angel and is ready for a vacation with her lover Kristof Nash when the Three Fates call her back to work. They want her to stop the Djinn uprising and find out who is behind it.

I'm catching up on some of the short-stories in the Women of the Otherworld series. I listened to the audiobook version of this one, but it really didn't stick with me. A few days after listening to it, I don't recall very much. Eve gets a little help from Jamie,
Pam Nelson
This is a neat little story of Eve and how she is enjoying or not enjoying her new job. ;)

I didn't mind it, kinda wished I had listened while I was listening to the series its not a big deal though.

The narration was ok not my favorite.
Jen Davis
Jan 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
"Angelic" is like the Holy Grail for fans of Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series. It was released in January of 2010 as a limited release novella. If you didn't order one of these in advance, you were out of luck. They were sold out before the release day. But now, it's available on ebook, so most of us are getting our first look at the story.

It focuses on Eve, the ghost/angel who narrated Haunted. She is just coming off of a six month stint on angel duty, and expected to spend the next 6
Kelly
Jan 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm going to start by saying that I love Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. Love it. I have ridiculous amounts of love for it. I would shower it with rose petals if I could. And if it didn't make me sound like a creepy stalker. Having said that, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if you haven't read the WotO series and you decide to dive into this book anyway you're going to be wondering who all these wonderful characters are.

The book itself is a fun little ride with
Jamieson
Feb 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
I love Kelley Armstrong’s Women of the Otherworld novels, but I’m not a huge fan of special limited edition novels or books. They are usually books that you pay a good deal of money for and can’t really carry around with you for fear of damaging the book.

Thankfully, I didn’t have that problem with Angelic by Kelley Armstrong. It’s short, just under one hundred pages, so it was an hours worth of glorious reading. I enjoyed it so much that I read it two times in a row.

In Angelic, Armstrong returns
Jen (jlkish)
Apr 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is a novella set in the Women of the Otherworld universe, starring Eve. Although my favorites are the wolves (especially Jeremy), I do like Eve, so I was glad to see she was the focus of this story. I think this is a great little stand-alone story, and though it's hard to tell exactly when it was intended to come, I'd guess sometime after Living with the Dead. This was a nice little look at Eve and her life after the events of Haunted with several other character cameos thrown in (although ...more
Steph
First Read 4/2010: (Audiobook)
Angelic is set five years after Haunted. Eve Levine is tired of her job and is thinking about getting herself fired while handling the newest job the fates have set forth for her.

A quick read, but I've always thought Eve was an interesting character and it was nice to read a little more about her. There was a little interaction with Christophe, Jeremy & Jaime as well.

I look forward to checking out Counterfeit Magic, Paige's Novella coming out later this year.
Roswita
Sep 05, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is an Eve Levine short story in Armstrong's Otherworld series. As with all of Ms. Armstrong's work, it is well-written, has great character development, excellent dialogue, is fast-paced, action-packed, and an all-around good read. Eve is about to take off for a well-deserved vacation with her afterlife significant other. She works as an angel for 6 months out of the year doing jobs for the Fates. The Fates call her back to work for "one more little job." Eve agrees, but secretly plots for ...more
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
I listened to the audio of this novella today. It wasn't bad but it isn't something you have to read as part of the series. It's an Eve book set 5 years after Haunted. I would have rather had the book so I could look at the illustrations but I wasn't savvy enough to figure out this was a limited edition. I learned my lesson, I've pre-ordered the next one, Counterfeit Magic (a Paige book featuring Savannah) which Kelley has promised will be even better (and longer).
Darcy
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
Eve isn't one of my favorites in this series, but after this little story she does come off better. In the past she has seemed very selfish and not really cared for anyone other than herself and her daughter. With her new job as an Angel for half of the year Eve pushes the boundaries to get her job done. Her bosses, the fates, seem to know this and seem to pander to that with the jobs they give her. Of course they don't want to acknowledge it so all things must be done while all involved ignore ...more
Sabrina
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Otherworld books so am always happy to ready anything more about the various characters from Kelley Armstrong. Eve Levine is a great character to get a story from.
The reading was ok but the voice was really not right for this book. It sounded more like a nice polite old lady rather than a kickass former dark witch turned angel. It just wasn't strong and confident enough for Eve.
David Schwan
Quick story about an angel who is part demon and assigned to work for the three fates as a kind of private eye/trouble fixing. This girl has one big attitude which makes for an interesting read. Not much depth to the story but a fun read.
Tess
meh. it was just OK.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Feb 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Eve is easily my least favorite character in the WOTO, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
I heart Eve. She's just so hardcore. This is another short about her side job in the afterlife.
Anniken Haga
As another review said, this book is like the Holy Grail for Otherworld-fans. When I read the Otherworld-series and was at my most fangirlish state, I hunted for this book but never found it. I had actually given up hope on finding it, when I saw it on Audible the other day and jumped on buying it. Of course, now I also learn that it is in one of the newer anthologies in the series.

I wished I'd bought the anthology instead.
Why? Because the narrator to this audiobook really irked me!
For some
Nona
Mar 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced, lighter fare

Part of the Otherworld series, this is more of a light hearted romp for Kelley Armstrong. Her various stories/ series each have a different level of light and dark. Eve Levine, while capable of being pitchy black, is shown as someone who is loyal, smart, and tricksy.
Here we have just another investigation in the nether realms. Eve is dead and working for The Fates, while planning a piratical play date with Kris. I do wish there was more bite to this character, but I went
Tetra
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, Love, Love Kelley Armstrong!
She is my go to author and even though I was late out the gate on reading this one it did not disappoint! Another notch in the Otherworld series. A refreshing side step to the main story line and the development on an otherwise sidekick character is well written. The book is fast paced and chocked full with action * eyebrow wiggle* both types.

If you haven't read any of the other books in the series you can jump in feet first in to this one and not be
Theresa
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A novelette about Eve and Kristof. A week after she’s supposed to have been on vacation the fates send her on another mission dealing with the Jinn. But Eve protests and tired of being an angel determines to get herself fired.

Loved it. It was exciting, complicated and funny.

Fave scene: the Great Library of Alexandria and the final negotiations with the fates.
Victoria (nocturnalintimacy)
Ummm....what just happened?
Where's the rest of this book?

I didn't read this in order, so maybe that's the problem, but it definitely reads like the sequel to a previous story. There's no world building, or even character building, just lots of action.
Gail
Nice short listen (about an hour & a half), in which Eve, a part-time avenging angel, has to chase down jinns and deal with betrayers. I liked it. Fun story.
Bree Taylor
Jun 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute and fun.

Love Eve Levine. She might be my favorite of all the Otherworld characters. Getting deeper into her story was fun and light.
TinaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Syd
Dec 03, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story was perfectly fine.

But now I remember why I don't do audiobooks!!!! It just killed the story and I couldn't stop cringing.
Katie
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Audio book borrowed from Hoopla
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
ANGELIC (Otherworld Series Novella) by Kelley Armstrong

ANGELIC by Kelley Armstrong is a novella focusing on Eve Levine, the demon witch daughter of Lord Demon Baal, mother of Savannah and lover to Cabal heir Kristof Nash-only she is a part time ghost and part time Angel. Working for the Fates 6 months of the year, Eve’s latest assignment will have her discover that the latest djinn uprising is well organized and powered by an angelic force once thought to be a friend. The djinn Dantalian wants
Nancy Meservier
Mar 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal, novella
Eve is a part time angel. She’s just finished her six-month stint as a celestial being, and is looking forward to spending the rest of the year with her boyfriend, Kris. Unfortunately, the fates have other plans for her, and are sending her on one last job. Eve is furious, ready to quit her position, or get herself fired. But when her last minute job turns out to be more complicated than expected, Eve has much bigger things to worry about than her employment.

Angelic is a short novella that takes
Ellie
Jan 11, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Angelic is a novella set in the Women of the Otherworld universe and occurs somewhere between Living with the Dead and Frostbitten. Whilst you can read the main novels without the shorter works, I don't think these novellas work by themselves and will contain spoilers for the series. Originally, it was only available as a limited edition hardback through Subterranean, but has more recently been released as an ebook for those that missed out. I'm still a little sad that this is the only book ...more
Mel
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it

Eve is my favorite Otherworld narrator and any story with her is guaranteed to be fun. This story was no exception.

Eve is fed up with her position as part-time angel. Sure, the job has its perks: she's got unlimited access to almost all realms, she can speak any language fluently and then there is that cool sword too.
But Eve has her own way of doing a job and that usually entails breaking - or at least bending - the rules. Which leads to the Fates being perpetually pissed off with her. Which
Books-treasureortrash
Book Review: 1 Treasure Box

Eve Levine is an angel, who needs a vacation, but the Fates are determined to keep her at work. After Eve died several years ago, she became a celestial bounty hunter. She is effective at her job because she is part demon and with her partner is a ghost.

Kelley Armstrong has written numerous contemporary novels, 11 books in the Women of the Underworld series, plus several other books, series, anthologies and novellas, including Darkest Powers & Darkness Rising and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Where can I get a copy? 2 13 Mar 23, 2012 04:33PM

• Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)
  • Shadow's Bane (Dorina Basarab, #4)
  • Bewitched and Betrothed (A Witchcraft Mystery #10)
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Burn (Kingdoms of Earth & Air, #3)
  • Winter Dark
  • Storm Cursed (Mercy Thompson, #11)
  • The Door to Lost Pages
  • 666 Park Avenue (666 Park Avenue, #1)
  • Booked for Trouble (Lighthouse Library Mystery #2)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Ice Study (Study, #3.6)
  • Motherhood So White: A Memoir of Race, Gender, and Parenting in America
  • Glory Road
  • Gretel: A Fairytale Retold
  • Blood Challenge (World of the Lupi, #7)
  • Dangerous Grounds: Lesbian and Werewolf Shifter Romance

Today, she continues to spin tales of ghosts and demons and werewolves, while safely locked

Otherworld Stories (5 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #1)
  • Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #2)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)
“The Fates teleported me to the ascended angels staff lounge. It wasn't called that, naturally. We weren't staff. This wasn't a job. It was a calling. An honor. A noble mission. Bullshit.” 4 likes