Start by marking “Pluto, 03 (Pluto, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pluto, 03 (Pluto, #3)

Pluto, 03 (Pluto #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  2,160 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
Pada masa robot dan manusia hidup berdampingan, terjadi pembunuhan sadis terhadap sejumlah manusia dan robot berkemampuan tinggi.

Siapakah pembunuhnya, manusia atau robot?

Detektif Gesicht -robot Europol- berusaha menyelidiki kasus ini.
Published March 2009 by M&C (first published March 24th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Pluto, 03, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pluto, 03

Agnė
Dec 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: science fiction fans
Recommended to Agnė by: Panels & Pages Book Group
Shelves: science-fiction
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

“Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 003” by Naoki Urasawa and Takashi Nagasaki is the third book in an eight-book science fiction manga series Pluto. The whole series is based on “The Greatest Robot on Earth,” the most popular story arc in Astro Boy series by a legendary manga master Osamu Tezuka.

The mysterious villain, who is targeting the seven great robots of the world and might be responsible for the related homicides, is still unknown. Meanwhile, members of KR, a far-right gro
Anthony Chavez
This volume is more of a commentary on 'how human are humans' when interacting with robots. The series has started exploring the nature of the dividing line between robots and humans, and the impact of high functioning AIs (like Gesicht) on human society, and the introduction of a group not unlike the Ku Klux Klan that's sole purpose is to destroy and eradicate robots' existense.

Vol. 03, unlike the first two volumes focuses on character development, and of the newly introduced sister of Atom, U
Alan
Recommended (and owned by) Vic. Good choice!

I'm only on volume 3 of 8, so some way to go yet, but the characterisation, plot and drawing is great so far. I won't comment on the art, that's not really my thing, other than to say that if is not a difficult manga visually; the layout is clear and strong, and most characters are differentiated well visually.

The plot is an interesting take on a common SF theme: the place of human-like robots within human society, developing many of the themes started
Hengtee
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of Uran and the homeless person is the real highlight of this third book. Though the book gets bogged down a little in the middle, with the further mystery of Gesicht, his past, and then the back story for the man out to kill him, it finishes on just the right note. The introduction of a new character in Epsilon opens the way for some more interesting story, and the last two or three chapters shed a little light on some things, but reveal just as much shadow underneath what's now been ...more
Charles
Mar 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Emma
Jun 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bravo. This is the type of manga I like. Mature, intelligent, not fluffy.

In this volume, the author explores the dividing line between human and robot. We learn more about Atom's sister, Uran, that we were introduced to in the previous volume. We are also introduced to a Ku Klux Klan copycat that is all about hating robots.
Khaalidah Muhammad-Ali
We now know who Pluto is.
Interesting turn of Events. Moving on to Pluto Volume #4.
Skye Kilaen
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Skye by: Dov Zeller
Not my favorite volume so far, but they're setting a lot more pieces on the board...
Vicenç Sanz
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sin prisas pero sin pausas el comic de Pluto sigue adelante. Un tercer tomo que sigue con la tónica de los anteriores, es decir, no se detiene en la presentación de personajes (entre ellos un tal Epsilon y Pluto, el que da nombre a la obra) a la par que se desarrollan múltiples tramas paralelas y se ahonda un poco más en los personajes ya conocidos.

La investigación sobre la autoría de las misteriosas muertes queda un poco en un segundo plano, siendo relevada por una trama sobre una organización
Peter Barr
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third in series of graphic novels about artificial intelligence, robots, robot laws, antitechnology groups, etc. There has been a robot war in the past that led to some robots having lethal power within their AI. They are being killed and the story is slowly unfolding as to why. The story has held my interest and the characters are likeable.
Social_Sloth
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dan Gvozden
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just when you think this book has really started in earnest it zigs the opposite direction, never devolving into the spectacle you might image. It's quiet, slowly developing world and unique characters are spellbinding.
Cameron
Shelves: favorite-manga
what will happen next?!
Woowott
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Urasawa-sensei almost always flawless.
Miguel
Nov 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I believe that humans and robots are growing closer. If they they get too close... bad things will happen."

Pluto's third volume expands rapidly outward and gives shape to the overarching narrative. In accordance with this structure, the self-contained stories one finds in earlier volumes are nowhere to be found. However, the third volume sets the stage for some very satisfying payoffs.

In these chapters, readers are introduced to the human-supremacist organization KR and one of its members, Adol
Philippe Lhoste
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Une excellente surprise.
Je connaissais le dessinateur, Naoki Urusawa, pour son Yawara! (j'ai quelques tomes en japonais) et son 20th Century Boys (premiers tomes trouvés à la bibliothèque). Je connais et apprécie aussi Osamu Tezuka, bien sûr, depuis l'univers futuriste d'Astro Boy (quelques tomes japonais, la série TV diffusée en France) jusqu'à Princesse Saphir (Ribbon no Kishi), Black Jack, l'hilarant Don Dracula, les super-oiseaux, et plein d'autres encore.

Le mélange ici est détonnant. Urusaw
Gilwen
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Moins centré sur Gesicht, ce troisième tome laisse le devant la scène à certains de ses compagnons, au nombre desquels Astro et sa charmante petite sœur Uran, ainsi que la mystérieuse Epsilon. Ces figures secondaires se développent avec finesse et permettent à l'intrigue de progresser. Grâce à cela, Pluto se révèle enfin, tout comme celui qui en tire les ficelles. Le lecteur n'est pas plus avancé pour autant, car ces révélations amènent toujours plus de questions. Cela n'empêche pas de se plonge ...more
Mansi
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I did not see that coming.

In this volume of the series, we get a side story of the humans who despise the robots. It was nice seeing the parallel since the plot line did seem very one-sided to begin with. I used to hate how the writer would constantly sidetrack what was going (which would be very interesting) then jump into the next chapter with a new intent, and a new story. By the end though, it all pulled in together and just made sense. My biggest fear of this manga was that the plot line wo
Sean
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, young-adult
I have to say that I love this series. This volume picks up the action with a bang. As I have stated before, it is amazing to find so much emotional weight with "robots". As direct parallels to race issues, this is like mix of film noir and civil rights issues all in one book. The art is fantastic and the story is truly gripping. This is a series that I will eventually own. If you have never read a manga before, please pick up Pluto.
Jeridel Banks
Aug 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This manga wasn't as good as the first two volumes because it became predictable. When manga like this one has heavier themes, one kid is fine, but another kid who's annoying at that? It makes me not care as much about the main character. I hope the next volume will pick up the same momentum as the first two.
Lissibith
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
This volume put the mystery in a bit of a backseat and gave the politics of the world the main spotlight. How do humans view robots? How do robots see their relationship to humans, both in the concrete sense and in the metaphorical sense? What makes a robot "human" and what makes a human human? Great character development.
Jeff Lanter
Mar 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
I appreciate how the cast is expanding ever further and many of the new characters are very intriguing. The KR and especially, Adolf, feel like they could exist if robots were more prominent today. I'm bumping the score up to five stars because I feel like Pluto has finally hit the emotional impact I always hope for in a great story.
নাজমুল হাসান
This one is a bit slower than the manga Monster by the same author. Still, I like how he portrays a lot of social stigmas in the manga. Racial discrimination, Consequence of war, dirty politics to accomplish own agenda etc. Still I can't get much deep into the characters like I did in Monster. So kind of disappointed with this one.
Kayo
Jun 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, manga
In this volume we got to meet Uran!! We also got to know the KR, which is the KKK-esque villains who want robots to abolish the universal robot rights. We also met a new robot, Epsilon, the robot who loved children (I remember him from the Astro Boy cartoon series!) This series is full of mystery and suspense and if I had all the volumes I think I'd have to read them all!!
Mikael Kuoppala
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
The third volume of "Pluto" shifts the focus from characters and plot to politics and allegories. All of these elements have been strongly present from the beginning of the story- and none are forgotten this time either- but these chapters are slightly more broad and analytical in tone than the ones that have come before. Still completely titillating stuff.
Ji Mun
Sep 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Urasawa is amazing. (And I am more curious about Astro Boy series as I read more of this series. Pluto is based on Astro Boy.)

I appreciate the richly fleshed characters and interactions. I am also excited to Lear more about the 39th Central Asian Conflict, the meaning of 'Bora', and also find out about the bad guys and their motive.

Urasawa is amazing. He creates amazing stories.
Charliesabers
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great series. Read the whole book, in a couple of days. It is a reworking of the core concepts of Astro Boy, but with darker, grittier and more philosophical. It questions what it means to be human, and what it means for robots to be "perfect". The pacing is great, the characters likeable, and the art amazing. A great read.
Matt
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I feel as if I'm watching a full season of a spectacular sci fi show. So cinematic, with a great sci fi mystery and some moral quandaries and an ever-expanding cast of humans and/or robots. I can't wait to read the next one.
(╯`▭´)╯︵ (dǝꓭ ƨ'ɒnɒ⅃) ǝɔnɒꓷ
*Rounded to 3.5*

I'm really enjoying this series. But now I can't find the rest of the series. Figures.
  • Black Jack, Vol. 3
  • Children of the Sea, Volume 2 (Children of the Sea, #2)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 2 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #2)
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 4 (Eden: It's an Endless World, #4)
  • Mushishi, Vol. 2
  • Planetes, Volume 2 (Planetes, #2)
  • NonNonBa
Urasawa Naoki (浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival exc
More about Naoki Urasawa...

Pluto (8 books)
  • PLUTO: Naoki Urasawa x Ozamu Tezuka, Band 001 (Pluto, #1)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 002 (Pluto, #2)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 004 (Pluto, #4)
  • PLUTO: 浦沢 直樹 x 手塚 治虫 005 (Pluto, #5)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 006 (Pluto, #6)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 007 (Pluto, #7)
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 008 (Pluto, #8)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Once Dead (The Rho Agenda Inception #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Harmony Black (Harmony Black, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Cloud Atlas
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Galápagos
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Thirteen
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Mark of Fire (The Endarian Prophecy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Star (The Collected Stories of Arthur C. Clarke, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Ladies of Mandrigyn (Sun Wolf and Starhawk, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Dreamsongs. Volume I (Dreamsongs, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Lethal Velocity : A Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda, #1)