Start by marking “Green Lantern/Superman: Legend of the Green Flame” as Want to Read:
Green Lantern/Superman: Legend of the Green Flame

Green Lantern/Superman: Legend of the Green Flame

(Green Lantern)

Berlin 1949. The drunken Janos Prohaska and Weng Chan of the Blackhawks go down into a deserted bunker and find some corpses in strange costumes (apparently the Justice Society of America) and a strange green lamp.

Today. Hal Jordan is feeling lonely, and visits Clark Kent for a chat. They accompany each other to a museum convention Clark is supposed to cover for the Daily
Prestige One-Shot, 38 pages
Published 2000 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Green Lantern/Superman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Green Lantern/Superman

Artemy
Apr 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This story is collected in The DC Universe by Neil Gaiman Deluxe Edition, and I am reviewing it separately as part of my Superman 80th anniversary read-a-thon.

Picking up Legend of the Green Flame, I was mostly curious about how Neil Gaiman would write a comic using such classic straightforward superhero characters as Green Lantern and Superman. Turns out, it's just like most any other Neil Gaiman comic — weird, dreamy and centered around death.

So one day Hal Jordan was feeling lonely and decided
Jacob
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
A fun, quick, and thought-provoking short story. Even though this early Neil Gaiman story is set in a world of superheroes, it frequently veers into the mythic--Neil just can't help himself. It's in his blood (and I'm thankful for that blood). The most interesting idea here for me was placing Superman in Hell (if briefly) and seeing what might happen. It actually reminded me a bit of Tolkien's weeping goddess Nienna in The Silmarillion, though not nearly as haunting and beautiful.
Aggelos
Dec 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Weird story to classify.

The characterization is good, the dialogues are solid, the wit is there. Its good really, but its forgettable. It's pretty much Superman and Green Lantern jumping from one plane of existence to another, and while that may sound interesting, its mostly dull and anti-climactic.

There is, one truly brilliant moment in the book. Superman in Hell! That was an experience, I don't want to spoil it. The whole book could be about Superman in Hell and it would be a lot better, Supe
Daniel Najac
Raro cuanto menos
Jamie Sigal
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
A nice quick read with nice art, if you've ever wondered how Neil Gaiman imagines Superman would react to Hell, here's your answer.
Andy
Jun 03, 2009 rated it liked it
This story was a B-, largely I think because it was written in another time, within a specific context. Outside of this context, it sort of loses its punch (I think).

Read the foreword by Gaiman and the afterword by Waid. They explain the story of this lost script that was supposed to have been the final chapter of the ill-fated "Action Comics Weekly" experiment of the late 80's. Their stories make the actual story much more enjoyable.

Another great moment was the scene of Superman in Hell. If you
Ketan Shah
Not essential but a decent read. Feels like a companion volume to Alan Moore's Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow.Superman: Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?
Fugo Feedback
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindas historias, lindos dibujos. No es de lo mejor de Gaiman pero no deja de ser un muy buen comic. Puntos extras por la anécdota de cómo se recuperó el guion perdido. Creo que lo reeditaron en "Leyendas del abismo" de ECC, después tendría que corroborarlo.
Nicolas
Jul 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I'm a sucker for odd pairings. This was a quirky buddy story following Clark Kent and Hal Jordan. It was weird and it worked for me.

We discuss this and other Neil Gaiman titles here: https://soundcloud.com/allthebooks/ep...
Jessica
Jul 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2010, graphic-novels
This book was not so much relevant to my interests. There was nothing really wrong with it, I just didn't care.
Hilary
Jul 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Eh, fine.
Dony Grayman
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: decto, ed-esp, fechica
Historieta de Superman y Green Lantern escrita por Neil Gaiman y dibujada por varios artistas.
Astrid
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
Loved the personal moments of friendship.
Victoria Mongelli
David
Apr 08, 2012
Nadine
Apr 23, 2017 rated it liked it
An interesting read, though, not being very familiar with the Green Lantern, it's a little lost on me. I particularly like the panels featuring Superman's reaction to hell.
Mike
Aug 13, 2012
Arsnoctis
Jul 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Vertigo: Winter's Edge (Graphic Novel)
  • Green Lantern Corps, Volume 4: Sins of the Star Sapphire
  • Starman, Vol. 4: Times Past
  • Showcase Presents: Green Lantern, Vol. 1
  • Ultimate Comics X: Origins
  • Manhunter, Vol. 2: Trial by Fire

Green Lantern (1 - 10 of 88 books)
  • The Golden Age Green Lantern Archives, Vol. 1