Start by marking “Microeconomics” as Want to Read:
Microeconomics

Microeconomics

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  304 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
The same unique voice that made Paul Krugman a widely read economist is evident on every page of Microeconomics. The product of the partnership of coauthors Krugman and Robin Wells, the book returns in a new edition.

The new edition is informed and informative, solidly grounded in economic fundamentals yet focused on the realities of today’s world and the lives of students.
Paperback, Second Edition, 608 pages
Published September 25th 2008 by Worth Publishers (first published March 1st 2004)

Danel Homméus
Aug 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
As a review of this book, Macroeconomics, third Edition (Krugman and Wells), I will overview the intro and the first chapter.

a) The invisible hand, my benefit your cost, good and bad times
b) And some of the principles that underlie individual choices (principle 1 and principle, how economies work (principle 5 and principle 9), and finally economy-wide interaction (principle 10 and principle 12).

Invisible hand
The invisible hand refers to the way in which the individual pursuit of self-interest c
Kikynov
Aug 16, 2015 is currently reading it
Tiffany
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very disappointing. I was hoping for an interesting study, and got anecdotes. And I hated her self-important tone.
Benard
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
the book is all about involvement between the government and the house hold behavior,which generates to individual daily life of the consumer.
Ivy
Had to read for my microeconomics class. Very interesting.
Chuck
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fascinating. Joyously Fascinating. As one would expect the final chapters get pretty political, but other than that it is economics described about as well as one can describe them, and in the most layman terms possible.
I might read it again!
Foxglow
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Everyone should read.
Dawnie
May 20, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was so mad at the end of this book. I felt like she didn't represent the poor or lower classes at all. She still had a way to go home and eat whenever she felt like it. She needed to be more dedicated to this project. However if she is aiming for the way upper class to at least semi understand the poor, then maybe she shed a small pin light on it. VERY VERY disappointed.
Noah
Feb 27, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Friedman really puts his ill-conceived analogy skills to the test in this astoundingly uninformative book. It's a mish-mash of wild speculation, obvious truths, and irrelevant anecdotes. Anyone who has ever read a newspaper since 1999 already knows everything this book has to offer.
Joe
Jan 28, 2013 rated it liked it
A good overview for those who have never done their reading on the subject, but I suspect its sudden bursts of not-so-subtle bias and its very textbook-like tone won't offer much to those more acquainted than I was. At its best, a solid introduction.
martha
Jan 26, 2011 rated it really liked it
Probably as enjoyable as an econ textbook can be. Yay Paul Krugman. I really enjoyed all the real world stories and examples.
Jane
Jul 04, 2012 added it
Shelves: economics
Not like its macro part
Christine
I cannot begin to yell you how happy i am that i am FINALLY done with this book!
Jessica
Jan 01, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
This book was so well written and helpful that I stopped going to lecture because the book provided me with all of the information I needed in an easily understandable format.
Mark Stewart
I think that this book was boring but had some good points
Brandon Baker
Sep 26, 2016
Travis
Jun 21, 2014
Katie Quillen
rated it did not like it
Jan 07, 2016
  • Mismeasuring Our Lives: Why GDP Doesn't Add Up
  • Ethics in Information Technology
  • Web Development and Design Foundations with Html5
  • Game Theory for Applied Economists
  • Active Portfolio Management: A Quantitative Approach for Producing Superior Returns and Controlling Risk (McGraw-Hill Library of Investment & Finance)
  • Head First Data Analysis: A Learner's Guide to Big Numbers, Statistics, and Good Decisions
  • Game Theory. Analysis of conflict
  • Business Communication: Process and Product
  • Microeconomics and Behavior
  • The Cartoon Guide to Calculus
  • WordPress: The Missing Manual
Paul Robin Krugman is an American economist, liberal columnist and author. He is Professor of Economics and International Affairs at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University, Centenary Professor at the London School of Economics, and an op-ed columnist for The New York Times. In 2008, Krugman won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics for his contributions ...more
More about Paul Krugman