Start by marking “Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia (Alcatraz, #3)” as Want to Read:
Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia (Alcatraz, #3)

Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia (Alcatraz #3)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  7,071 Ratings  ·  543 Reviews
Nancy Pearl loves this series and we do too!

Published October 2009 by Scholastic Press

Evgeny
Aug 17, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Alcatraz finally got to visit his mysterious native land. What was supposed to be a time of quiet and peace turned exciting deadly even before the poor guy stepped on the said land: his air vehicle was blown from the sky. Excitement followed the hero even when he met his (unfailingly very quirky) relatives and meddled in local politics. At least with the latter case everybody knows politics is supposed to be deadly, mystical land or not. Horror of horrors, Alcatraz might have to ask a librarian ...more
Kyle
Jan 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Alcatraz is still breaking things!

Alcatraz, Bastille and his grandfather travel to the Free Kingdoms and the city of Nalhalla, the Smedry homeland only to find the counsel of kings is about to sign a treaty with the Evil Librarians. Bad idea!

As with the other books in the series, there is narration by the author throughout. Most of it funny. The book is a quick read and intended for younger readers. It is entertaining and fun to read. If you are a parent and read books with your kids, this is a

Patrick
Jan 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
A good continuation of the series, just as strong as the first two. The book brings in new elements to keep things fresh, while staying close enough to the original elements so that it remains familiar and satisfying.

One of the elements I enjoy about these books is the active-narrator-telling-you-a-story thing. There's a lot of discussion about what makes a story, and what the author is doing in order to manipulate the reader. Obviously that's close to my heart, as I do the same thing in my boo
Helen 2.0
3.5 - I don't have much to say about this one except that I'm starting to believe Alcatraz when he claims he's not a hero.

I kept track of Grandpa Smedry's author-related exclamations in the Knights of Crystallia. Here they are for your entertainment. (I'm sure my buddies at BB&B will fill in the blanks if I missed any).
"Rotating Rothfusses! You surprised me, lad!"
"Amazing Abrahams, lad!"
"Wasted Westerfields! That was exciting, eh, lad?"
"Debating Dashners! We're late!"
"Jabbering Joneses, peo
Choko
*** 4.65 ***

A buddy read with the addicted to Brandon Sanderson's genius and humor!!! We are all 13 year old when we read this series:):):)

".....Unfortunately, I know that some of you Hushlanders have trouble counting to three. (The Librarian-controlled schools don't want you to be able to manage complex mathematics.)

This obvious explanation of our terrible mathematical abilities is the reason I had to re-check several times to make sure I was reading the right book in order... I had already go
Robin (Bridge Four)
On sale Sept 7 2016 on Amazon for $2.99

Buddy Read with the ever amazing group of Sanderson fans at Buddies Books and Baubles starting 8/21/16

I girl with a crystal sword....what could go wrong??? Well a lot but I think that was the point.

description

I flew through this series and so no time for reviews but....If you have kids 7-12 then this would be a fun family read.
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Brandon Sanderson. AKA THE Brandon Sanderson. AKA Mr Five Star.
You know, the creator of the Cosmere. What? You haven’t heard of him? I don’t care who you are or what you’ve read. If you have not yet read Brandon Sanderson’s books, then you have not yet discovered what fantasy can be. But fear not! I say it again, fear not! For your ignorance can be amended. Whether you are a fantasy veteran or a fantasy noob, today... today, you find yourselves equals.

For you are all equally blessed. For I h
Kells Next Read
I can't get enough of this series. It's so freaking good. This is the perfect series to read if you're looking for something lighthearted and funny. Sanderson is a Genius *coughs* I know, I know, I say that a lot, but it true.

I absolutely love Alcatraz Smedry and the other characters. Rushing off to read Alcatraz versus the Shattered Lens
Bookwraiths
Originally reviewed at Bookwraiths.

The Knights of Crystallia is the third installment of the Alcatraz series by Brandon Sanderson. For those who don’t understand what a series actually means and where you should start reading it, Alcatraz Smedry is nice enough to help explain all this as the book begins.

I know that some of you Hushlanders have trouble counting to three. (The Librarian-controlled schools don’t want you to be able to manage complex mathematics.) So I’ve prepared this helpful guide
Marta Álvarez
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Queda poco que decir sobre Alcatraz. Tiene uno de mis narradores favoritos de la historia: inteligente, sarcástico, que se carga la cuarta pared y se ríe de ti cuando le da la gana, que te avisa de que te va a engañar, y aún así, lo consigue.

Brandon Sanderson, maldito genio.
TS Chan
Aug 2016: Reread in anticipation of the release of the last book on 6th Sept.

This book means whatever you make of it. For some it will be about the dangers of fame. For others it will be about turning your flaws into talents. For many it will simply be entertainment, which is quite all right. Yet for others it will be about learning to question everything, even that which you believe. For, you see, the most important truths can always withstand a little examination.

This book even wrote its own
Marnie  Krüger
NALHALLA

Knights of Crystallia

First Sentence: So there I was, hanging upside down underneath a gigantic glass bird, speeding along at a hundred miles an hour above the ocean, in no danger whatsoever.

I was a bit disappointed in this one. The pace was a lot slower and the action almost none existing.
The interruptions in the beginning of each chapter was just plain annoying, and it didn't help the pace of the book.

I think I'm taking a break form this series for now - will get back to it later in the year.

Franco  Santos
You want to be a better person? Go listen to someone you disagree with. Don't argue with them, just listen. It's remarkable what interesting things people will say if you take the time to not be a jerk.
¡Qué final!
Alba Turunen
4 Estrellas. De nuevo una entrega tan divertida y entretenida como las anteriores. En éste caso Sanderson va mas allá y nos trae un libro deliciosamente disparatado, y con el tono irónico que solo él sabe darle al personaje de Alcatraz.

En éste tercer libro la acción se traslada a las Tierras Liberadas, a Nalhalla, ciudad de origen de la familia Smedry. Algo está ocurriendo en la ciudad. El rey Dartmoor va a firmar un tratado que podría poner fin a la guerra que llevan siglos manteniendo contra l
Lisa
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: peculiar-stories
This is the 3rd book in the Alcatraz series.

When Alcatraz and Grandpa Smedry make a pilgrimage to the Free Kingdom city of Crystallia, the Smedry home base, Alcatraz is shocked to see that he is, in fact, a legend. When he was a baby he was stolen by the Evil Librarians, and his mother, a Librarian herself, was behind the whole scheme. Now, with his estranged father, who is acting indeed strange, Bastille, who has been stripped of her armor, and Grandpa Smedry, who is, as always, late to everyth
Sanaa
Nov 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read
[5 Stars] I think the other two books in this series were my personal favorites and this one wasn't quite as good as the others. May be this is more of a 4.5 star book, but regardless this series is gearing up to be one of my favorite middle grade series ever! I adore Alcatraz, his grandfather, Bastille, and Folsom and Himalaya in this book in particular. This series make me giggle so much, and I admit I'll be slightly sad when I finish the next one and don't have Alcatraz books to read for a wh ...more
Nicis
Soy demasiado fan de las "páginas finales" hechas específicamente para la gente que tiene la mala costumbre de ir a leer las páginas finales antes de llegar al final xD

Bastille my love, you're doing amazing sweetheart <3
Aaron
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pointedly aimed at tween readers with silly situations and goofy dialogue. Smedry (aka Sanderson) tells of his adventures in a fast paced, ridiculous manner.
The text is easy enough for young readers, while presenting a few challenges along the way to grow the reader's skills. The chapters are short and action packed, but lacking in pictures making this a solid 300 page book.
A perfect read for tweens with no foul language or adult content. Even the bathroom humor is limited to a single reference.
Mogsy (MMOGC)
4.5 of 5 stars at The BiblioSanctum https://bibliosanctum.com/2016/04/22/...

How do I know when I have series addiction? Clearing my reading schedule and dropping everything the moment I get my twitchy fingers on the sequel is a pretty good indication. I simply adore these Alcatraz books! The first four installments are being re-issued this year, with The Knights of Crystallia being the third book to get the fully illustrated hardcover treatment, and my latest fix.

After their narrow escape from t
Joe Drafts
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Sigue superándose con cada entrega y este libro es ingenio puro.
Beleth
Dec 04, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
3.5/5
alis
aku mau membuat pengakuan, aku bosen banget di setengah awal buku sampai aku harus bolak balik gantian baca versi english dan indonya untuk membuat suasana menjadi tidak monoton. rasanya aku udah siap ngasih buku ini tiga bintang (dengan sangat berat hati). tetapi untungnya aku ingat kalau Brandon Sanderson selalu bikin bagian akhir buku menjadi sangat seru! dan itu benar!

Alcatraz masih nyebelin. Sangat nyebelin.
Sebel sama Attica.
Ada teori kekuatan baru yang terungkap.
Makin seru!
Estanteriadecho
Los caballeros de cristalia es un título con nuevos talentos, aventuras y humor donde podremos conocer por fin los Reinos Libres y los ciudadanos tan peculiares que lo habitan. Un título divertido, fresco y disparatado de lectura ligera que disfrutarán los más pequeños y amantes del humor absurdo.

Emily
Apr 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: juvenile, fiction
6/27/16 - reading aloud to the boys
7/17/16 - finished!

4/30-5/6/11
This series just keeps getting better! This third installment still has the biting self-deprecating humor of the first two, but it also has a more serious undercurrent. There's more depth to the interactions we see between Alcatraz and his parents and Alcatraz and Bastille. We start to see some of the behind-the-scenes details on how the Smedry Talents and Lenses work and to understand the political structure of Nalhalla and the Li
Juan Manuel Sarmiento
Dec 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-5-stars
3.5/5
Mangrii
3,5 / 5

En esta tercera parte Alcatraz por fin visitará su ciudad natal en los Reinos Libres, la grandiosa Nalhalla, donde los castillos son rascacielos y los taxis dragones. Tras una llegada accidentada, Alcatraz y sus compañeros descubren que una secta de los Bibliotecarios Malvados está en la ciudad con un tratado para la paz en el que solicitan la cesión del reino de Mokia. Alcatraz descubrirá sus orígenes, intentará conectar con su padre y llevará como puede su fama en los Reinos Libres mien
Evance Tairo
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again
An amazing read.. there is huge development in magic system and world building. We finally get to see the free kingdoms and i was not disappointed. Stakes rise in this book, but that did not necessarily force the main character to be stacked with more wisdom than his age by the Author. He remains in roots, a teenager, prone to making teenager-like mistakes throughout the book.

(spoiler below)
And i can't help but feel that it should have been titled ' Bastille Versus the Knights of Crystalli
Cori Reed
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just love this series. It's incredibly self-aware and hilarious.
Sulhan Habibi
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Semakin penasaran sama bakat Smedry dan lensa-lensa yang ada
Rezza Dwi
Petualangan baru, setting tempat baru, tokoh unik baru, pemahaman baru. Hal-hal itu yang membuat buku #3 ini menarik buatku dan aku selalu seneng karena series Brandon Sanderson yang kubaca selalu banyak hal baru di tiap lanjutan series-nya 😆😆

Ada bagian yang jayus, ada yang bikin ketawa banget 😂 Paling suka pas aksi Alcatraz melawan musuhnya. Overall, buku ini beneran bacaan menyenangkan buatku. Perjalanan Alcatraz semakin seruuu! Nggak rela kayaknya sisa 2 buku lagi 😭😂
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Alcatraz vs. the Knights of Crystallia [Oct 10, 2018] 1 3 Mar 05, 2018 03:59PM
  • I Don't Want to Kill You (John Cleaver, #3)
  • Hidden Talents (Talents, #1)
  • The Split Second (The Seems, #2)
  • The Hero's Guide to Storming the Castle (The League of Princes, #2)
  • Whales on Stilts (Pals in Peril, #1)
  • Science Fair
  • Curse of the Broomstaff (Janitors, #3)
  • Death Weavers (Five Kingdoms, #4)
  • Vodník
  • The Foundling and Other Tales of Prydain
  • Found (Magic Thief, #3)
  • A Gift of Ice (The Jimmy Fincher Saga, #2)
  • Life of Zarf: The Trouble with Weasels
  • Unforgettable
  • Land Keep (Farworld, #2)
  • Albrek's Tomb (Adventurers Wanted, #3)
  • Revenge of the Horned Bunnies (Dragonbreath, #6)
  • Discovering (Lily Dale #4)
Brandon’s major books for the second half of 2016 are The Dark Talent, the final volume in Alcatraz Smedry’s autobiographical account of his battle against the Evil Librarians who secretly rule our world, and Arcanum Unbounded, the collection of short fiction in the Cosmere universe that includes the Mistborn series and the Stormlight
Archive, among others. This collection features The Emperor’s S
More about Brandon Sanderson

Alcatraz (6 books)
  • Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (Alcatraz, #1)
  • Alcatraz Versus the Scrivener's Bones (Alcatraz, #2)
  • Alcatraz Versus the Shattered Lens (Alcatraz, #4)
  • The Dark Talent (Alcatraz, #5)
  • Bastille vs. the Evil Librarians: The Worldspire (Alcatraz, #6)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Off to Be the Wizard (Magic 2.0, #1)
  • Beneath the Shine
  • The Stepford Wives
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Long Earth (The Long Earth, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
  • The Man of Legends
  • All the Breaking Waves
  • Fellside
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Muirwood: The Lost Abbey: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $0.99
  • 2061: Odyssey Three (Space Odyssey, #3)
  • Alas, Babylon
    $9.74 $1.99
  • 3001: The Final Odyssey (Space Odyssey, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Zeroes
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dreams and Shadows (Dreams & Shadows, #1)
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Touch
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • An Unwelcome Quest
  • EARTHCORE
    $4.99 $1.49
  • Luna: New Moon
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Void of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Magic (Prospero's War, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastard, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Red Knight Falling (Harmony Black, #2)
  • Star Wars: Thrawn
  • Zoo City
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unmasked (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Afterlife
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unseen (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • The Dwarves (The Dwarves, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Unbroken Line of the Moon (Sagan om Valhalla #4; Valhalla #1)
  • Blackfish City
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Supernatural: Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting
    $8.49 $1.99
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • Some Fine Day
  • Random Acts of Senseless Violence
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years, #1)
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Spell or High Water (Magic 2.0, #2)
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wormhole (The Rho Agenda, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dragons of Nova (Loom Saga, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • Otherkin
  • The Last Adventure of Constance Verity
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Traveler (Fourth Realm, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“I'm convinced that responsibility is some kind of psychological disease.” 162 likes
“Yes, Bastille. I keep trying to get killed because it's inconvenient for you.” 59 likes