Start by marking “Thrifty Chic: Interior Style on a Shoestring” as Want to Read:
Thrifty Chic: Interior Style on a Shoestring

Thrifty Chic: Interior Style on a Shoestring

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
When it comes to creating a home, "Thrifty Chic" shows you how to reuse and restore, revive and revamp, and recycle and reclaim, in order to create a stylish yet individual home without spending a small fortune. Room by room, the book explains how to give old furniture a new lease of life and how to bring a vintage charm to a room through an inspired use of fabrics and pai ...more
Published March 1st 2009 by Cico Books

To ask other readers questions about Thrifty Chic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thrifty Chic

Mallory
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
Loved just looking at the cute old British interiors. Good ideas and inspiration, too.
Jane Perkins-finney
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
LOVE it. I love the simple but lavishly gorgeous minimalism. The pinks and turquoises against the bright white walls and floors. I have put little sticky notes all through this one. DELICIOUS!!!
Helen
Jun 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Good ideas, and some neat ways of updating your home without spending too much.
Melissa Massello
Featured in DIY Home Decorating on ShoestringMag.com :

"Those of us who love to decorate with thrifted, found, and vintage objects are always looking for ideas and inspiration to make this style feel fresh — not like a bad antique store. If this is the journey you're on, you'll love the ideas in Thrifty Chic: Interior Style on a Shoestring, by Liz Bauwens, Alexandra Campbell, and Simon Brown.'

"First, there's color. Thrifty Chic is not full of pictures of white slip-covered couches, white-washed
Michelle Olsen
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

There were some /great/ ideas in this book. I could spend hours just looking at the pictures alone. I loved the blend of contemporary, with vintage aspects, which really drew me to the book in the first place. As a huge fan of the romantic cottage-vibe, I found a plethora of ideas that I can use in my home further down the line.

The only drawback I found, was that there were no Canadian antique / flea market resources listed, which really disappointed me. That was my only drawback!
Shannon
Feb 11, 2011 rated it liked it
I enjoy the writing style of these two authors. Might have given it four stars, but this book frequently features work by someone who paints very realistic bugs and spiders on their dishes, lamps, etc. I read a lot of decorating books, so yes - I am that picky, and I didn't like looking at all those bugs.
Relyn
Jul 30, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shelter-books
I enjoyed this book, but didn't love it. Doubt I would reread it either. There was some good eye candy. Not great eye candy, not great styling. Mostly, their definition of thrifty is far different from mine. Of course, that's to be expected.
Alice
Feb 08, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
Once I really got stuck into this book I found it interesting, with quite a few good ideas to do up your home on a budget. It's a pity I won't find any of them useful as the main problem I've got is too much stuff :(
Sarah Ryburn
Jul 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: interior-design
still hanging on to this loan from wendy. i've marked pages with sticky notes... so many beautiful ideas, so little money, time, or space. there are some truly "thrifty" ideas in this pages, so the bigger issues are time and space.
Melina
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly eye-catching and interesting. Definitely got us thinking about things we want to do around the house
Trish
Oct 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is about simple style.
Kristina
Nov 15, 2012 rated it did not like it
Not my style I guess.
Serina
Jan 12, 2014 rated it did not like it
If you want your place to look like you bought everything at the flea market and cluttered.... This is the book for you! Not my personal style but some might like it.
Josie
Mar 13, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I didn't think this was all that thrifty, but there was some nice eye candy. Oh, for a home of my own!
Hannah Jane
Aug 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: interior-design
How do I get that chair on page 125? That is probably the most fabulous chair I have ever seen.
Susan
Gread Ideas
Ashley
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book ahs a lot of good ideas for designing on a budget. What I like a lot was that the back has instructions for some crafts/projects you can do at home.
Hollis
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
Flipable, but not stop and read each page and wonder if my home could look like that-able.
Kathleen Farrall