Start by marking “No Matter What!: 9 Steps to Living the Life You Love” as Want to Read:
No Matter What!: 9 Steps to Living the Life You Love

No Matter What!: 9 Steps to Living the Life You Love

This text provides a unique and powerful inspirational programme that will move you, flex your 'bounce-back' muscles and empower you to realize your dreams, no matter what.
Published April 13th 2009 by Wellness Central (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about No Matter What!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No Matter What!

Start your review of No Matter What!: 9 Steps to Living the Life You Love
Courtney
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THIS BOOK! I credit this book for myself growth and awareness. Author Lisa Nichols gives a 9 step method to helping people achieve happiness and strengthen their “bounce back” muscle. Through delving into her life and sharing her many challenges and explaining how she managed to overcome these obstacles, Lisa gives readers hope and encouragement that they too can overcome anything. Her writing style is one that speaks directly from her own voice. I think she uses this writing a ...more
Jon
Dec 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book made me take a long hard look at my life and reevaluate. Thank you Lisa for helping me to examine my life honestly and accept things I can't change and change things I can. Such beautiful testimony.
Angela
May 16, 2009 rated it liked it
Lisa Nichols shares her very personal failures and triumph in this book. I can only imagine how dynamic she must be in person because her strength and voice come right off the page. Although I was unable to relate to many of the stories, having gone through nothing as dramatic in my life, I can see how developing our 'bounce-back muscles' can lead anyone to a more fulfilling life. I admit that I read straight through the book without doing the exercises the first time around but I do plan to go ...more
Toni
Mar 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Every time I say that I am through with reading self-help books, then another one falls into my lap.

I think the first time I was introduced to Lisa Nichols was from watching the now cancelled show, Starting Over. It was a daytime reality show that brought several women into a house to help them let go of past defeats and truly start over on their dreams. There were women from all walks of life being helped by life coaches, psychologists and other professionals. Iyanla Vanzant joined the show as
Leticia
I met author Lisa Nichols awhile ago at her book event in Brooklyn, NY. Her commitment to helping others succeed was evident in her powerful and inspiring presentation. Her new book "No Matter What!: 9 Steps to Living the Life You Love” is a candid autobiographical work chronicling her journey to business owner, best-selling author and motivational speaker. She also shares ways for overcoming challenges and “flexing your muscles” to achieve your dreams.
Kimberly Morghan
Mar 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was a great motivational book. The author shows how she developed the ability to overcome hardship and find her path, and she gives many exercises to help the reader to do the same. Since it was a library book, I didn't have enough time to work through the exercises, but I can see their power and will probably buy a copy so I have more time to reread and work with the book.
Marty
Oct 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Very open and honest book. An amazing lady and an amazing story. This book offers a very candid approach to changing your life.
Chysom
Aug 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
A very good personal development book. I few of the ideas I got really helped me become a better person.
Talk Supe
Oct 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, 2016
My favorite self help so far.
Saidi Mdala
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Matter What – Lisa Nichols

One time I saw an advert whose image has remained indelibly etched on my memory. The photo had a squirrel about to crush a nut with a pair of pliers. It had one more thing a short caption that read: ‘Unfair advantage.’ That is exactly what I would have said about Lisa Nichols if her book came out the way her speeches do. But nonetheless, she put together an awesome book with ideas and counsel that oozes, not only wisdom, but also great business ideas and models for t
Kat
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can honestly say I did benefit from this book. The activities at the end of the chapters were very helpful. They were hands on and make you reflect on different areas of your spirit that need work. Lisa sounds like she would be a good speaker. The only thing I did not like was her storytelling. I really dont like when authors story tell word for word. How do you know exactly what you said and what someone said to you when you were 5 years old? She does a lot of exact dialogue from past experie ...more
Jaycrobert
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not a big fan of self-help book myself but this one is exceptional. Found out about Lisa from her powerful speeches available online and from thereon I knew she'd be my go-to reference in the subject of "dream big".

Her approach to self-growth is so powerful, that I realized I've been neglecting myself way too much all this while and now I need to thank this book for waking me up to start 'doing myself' first, only by doing so I can serve my purpose and enrich others.

Good thing, exercises provid
Fanos
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Lisa Nichols’ book No matter what reads like a story a close friend of mine narrates to me. I like the way she writes. It is entertaining, grasping and very insightful. The personal anecdotes she used and the way she brings out the lessons makes it so real and doable. The book has nine sections that discuss on building bounce back muscles (mental, emotional, physical...) to get on track with our lives and achieve our goals in life no matter what. Another aspect that I liked about the book is tha ...more
Bea Elwood
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
The part I appreciated the most about this book were the personal reflections from Lisa herself. I was first introduced to Lisa Nichols eight years ago when I first watched "The Secret", the start of my own personal journey to live a life more in line with my dreams and desires. I'm not sure when I discovered she had a book but I'm glad I read it. Some of the self-help hype can get blown out of hand but this book seems to stay grounded in that it really is so personal.
Max
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
NOT the conventional self-help book. Lisa Nichols has a touching simple style and tons of useful tools and introspective activities that, unlike many other books I read, I was eager to do and apply to my daily life. You don't have to be emotionally disturbed or going trough a lot of problems to enjoy this book but for those who are, this lecture can be life-changing.
Elaine
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Lisa Nichols! She is inspiring and makes you feel like you're having a conversation with a friend. She tells her very personal stories and exactly how she became who she is. I would recommend any book she has ever written without even reading it because I know that it will be a huge take away from reading whatever advice she gives!
Mary Jo
Jul 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
so far, I can relate. Lisa's voice is true, passionate and like a warm cup of tea with a friend. I'm on this journey of rediscovering myself - don't we all go through that at some middle-life time? and Lisa's stories, encouragement and exercises are helping me build some emotional muscles!
Melissa
Apr 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-nonfiction
This book was so good I am planning on buying it. For me, that is the highest compliment to a book that I can give because that means I plan on rereading. Not only was the book packed with great exercises but with true stories about how Lisa discovered these exercises.
Pamela
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the author's writing style, but didn't find her "bounce back muscle" stories helpful to me. I didn't resonate with her message. I'm glad others found this book useful, but it was not for me.
Don Wright
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed reading this book. Didn't know much about this author prior to now. She bares her soul to put her points across, and achieves that goal beautifully! Very inspirational reading with practical instructions and everyday application! I will look for her other publications.
Zara Steen
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspirational! I loved the real life examples and details that Nichols provides. As much as you're interested in the methods for improving yourself, you're equally interested in her captivating story of transformation.
Rosa Frei
A great inspirational book!

Self-development at its best! An encouraging program to improve your life on every level. This book is not just theory, it is "lived" by the acclaimed motivational speaker Lisa Nichols.
Dave Clinton
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love how vulnerable Lisa was while teaching lessons of self worth through this book.

Clint Ledbetter
May 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! Nichols is an excellent storyteller and weaves her emotional-building steps through her life struggles. Brilliant!
Holly
Feb 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Personal development folks & fans of Ms. Nichols
Recommended to Holly by: I am a fan of Ms. Nichols
p. 12 I really love Lisa Nichols functional philosophy on how to keep going no matter what!
No rating not done reading.
LemontreeLime
Apr 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Gutsy brave woman. I enjoyed her way of seeing the world.
Teressa
Jun 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author uses personal stories to demonstrate her points. Inspiring and motivating - a wonderful book.
Tawana
Jul 10, 2011 is currently reading it
A great read for that extra kick we all need to give ourselves when we get comfortable thinking we're too busy maintaining to strive for our original goals and dreams.
Betty Kaye
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-shelf
Got lots of helpful ideas. I listened in the car and couldn't right enough of it down - I'll have to get it from the library again. A very practical guide!
Aryne Hornsby
This book is not as deeply moving or profound as other motivational books I've read, but it does still offer up some good advice and the author seems really dynamic.
« previous 1 3 next »

• 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
  • Vibrate Higher Daily: Live Your Power
  • Rigged: America, Russia, and One Hundred Years of Covert Electoral Interference
  • His Only Wife
  • Relationship Goals: How to Win at Dating, Marriage, and Sex
  • Quit Like a Millionaire: No Gimmicks, Luck, or Trust Fund Required
  • Personality Isn't Permanent: Break Free from Self-Limiting Beliefs and Rewrite Your Story
  • Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day
  • Skirt (Ruthless Kings MC, #5)
  • Biased: Uncovering the Hidden Prejudice That Shapes What We See, Think, and Do
  • The Comeback
  • What to Eat When: A Strategic Plan to Improve Your Health and Life Through Food
  • Text Bible-Good News
  • Empty
  • The Pursuit of Happyness
  • Good Will Hunting
  • Blue Ticket
  • The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose

News & Interviews

“All the people in your life are truly doing the best they can with what they have. People can only love you to the capacity that they are able to love themselves. They can only forgive and embrace you to the capacity that they are able to forgive and embrace themselves. They can only give you what they have the capacity to give. You may think that you deserve more, and you may be correct. But that means nothing if a person simply doesn’t have the ability to give it to you.” 25 likes
“When your clarity meets your conviction and you apply action to the equation, your world will begin to transform before your eyes.” 9 likes