Start by marking “The Warrior's Gift” as Want to Read:
The Warrior's Gift

The Warrior's Gift

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  153 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
In Katya's world, villagers sacrifice their daughters as sex slaves for a sect of warriors who keep their lands safe from invasion. When Katya herself is chosen as a "bride", although she's always questioned the arrangement, she submits for the sake of her family. She has no idea what to expect from the warriors, and not much more idea when it comes to sex.

Blessedly, her W
ebook, 1st edition
Published May 8th 2007 by Loose Id (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior's Gift, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warrior's Gift

Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanOutlander by Diana GabaldonSacked by Jen FrederickCaressed by Ice by Nalini SinghLost & Found by Nicole  Williams
Virgin hero!
255 books — 185 voters
Archer's Voice by Mia SheridanOutlander by Diana GabaldonDemon from the Dark by Kresley ColeDark Needs at Night's Edge by Kresley ColeBorn in Sin by Kinley MacGregor
288 books — 178 voters

More lists with this book...

4.5 stars.

I gave the high rating because I really enjoyed this novella. This is one where I didn't feel like it was too short or unfinished. It was complete.

The story was unique to me and I was immediately drawn in.

There is a religious order called The Guardians who hold, train and control men who are born, bred and raised as killing machines. Every so often women from a village are specially chosen to become one of the warriors "brides." These women know nothing of what happens i
Carolyn F.
Aug 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotic-sexual, ebook
Fantastic book, I just loved Turan and Katya!!! Katya lives in a village where every once in awhile they gift a warrior with a bride. The villagers never see the warriors only their guardians so there are a lot of rumors about what happens when they leave the village. When Katya meets Turan it is so sweet. He's just as inexperienced if not more so than her and the way they come together is wonderful. I would totally recommend this book!!
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Sweet and emotional and bloody and brutal. That about covers it.

That, and images of Arnold in Conan the Barbarian, when he gets a girl thrown into the cage with him as a "gift."
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
This book was just ok. Plus the rape scene was harsh and was handled oddly. I liked the hero. But the life they had to live was sad.
 ♥ Suger Honey ♥
This story was good but I skimmed the hanky panky as was a lot of it the action and story was good tho. 3.5 stars
Sep 09, 2017 rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"The Warrior's Gift" by Bonnie Dee was a spectacular read, which I loved! It completely lived up to what was promised in the summary and then some!

Stars: 4.5 (I'd easily rate this a 5 if a little bit of tragedy wasn't thrown into the ending! It was a little. Do not be deterred.)

Triggers: No spoilers: Rape was attempted twice.
Sexual Level: High, Erotic, Explicit Descriptions
Romance Level: High, Sweet, Love was found in the darkest of places.
Violence: High, but Understandable
Typos and Overall Writ
T.C. Mill
With a setup like this, you wouldn’t exactly expect a female-lead relationship. In fact, it’s easy to see that going into some territory that’s downright Gorean, not really to my tastes. But I’d already read and enjoyed other stories by Bonnie Dee, and the reviews looked promising–and I’m so glad I took the chance! Katya is smart, determined, and compassionate, making her a compelling lead character–and her new husband Turan mixed strength and sweetness in a truly appealing way.

When Katya’s chos
Feb 08, 2013 rated it liked it
More book reviews at

Enjoyed it but not a must read before you die.

Third book of Bonnie Dee’s I read today. Kept me entertained. Another short fast read. Only 115 pages on my e-reader and I’m surprised for the length how much this book was able to cover – slavery, rebellion, rape, fighting scenes, the sex.

Half of this book was all about the smutty sex scenes (good stuff) but the other half was a pleasant surprise. I wish the book was longer so that Bonnie coul
Nov 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
The ebook is a novella.

The story was a good one. Katya and Turan are a great couple.

Katya is a "bride" taken to a compound where the Guardians train Warriors who protect villages from being conquered and attacked. The Warriors are male killing machines who go through the harshest of the harsh training. They are trained to obey every command given by a Guardian. In return for protecting the villages, the Guardians demand payment for protection. In addition, they take a maiden from a village eve
Elisa Rolle
Katya lives in a fantasy medieval world where villagers are protected by the Guardians, and the Guardians use Warriors to rule. The Warriors are men held in captvity by the Guardians and use for breeding. Every year a girl from the village is chosen and the village "gifts" her to the destinated Warrior.

This year is chosen Katya and her Warrior will be Turan. But Katya discovers that Turan is like an overgrown child, the Guardians forbid him all, and he nows only how to fight. And when he has th
Kathie (katmom)
Dec 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
An interesting premise...the people are guarded by the Warriors...and sometimes "brides" are chosen and gifted to them...

Some of the men are barbaric...some are sweet...

Katya is chosen and given to Turan...he's never even imagined being close to a woman...but she shows him the way and they come together...

Katya knows she can never survive in captivity, which is what being given as a bride means, so she starts to plant the seeds of rebellion...starting with her "husband".

He, now that he can hold
May 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
I usually like this author but this one seemed a little to naïve.
May 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, erotica
An entertaining way to spend a couple of hours. I've decided I really like Ms. Bonnie Dee after enjoying Finding Home and Bone Deep enormously. I'll be picking up some of her other works.
A highly controlled society... a people that needed to break free.

Pretty good read. Erotica with a story.
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2011
Aug 12, 2012
Nov 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals, #1)
  • Cyborg Nation (Cyberevolution, #6)
  • Belle Starr
  • Passion Model
  • Loving an Ugly Beast (Fairy Tales & Ever Afters, #2)
  • Captive (Entwined Fates, #1)
  • Hunted
  • The Psychic and the Sleuth
  • The Mistress's Secret
  • Tigerlily
  • Snow Angel (The Twelve Quickies of Christmas, #9)
  • Sacred Waters (McCullough Mountain, #1)
  • Promises to Keep (Gaian Stories #1)
  • Never A Slave (Trek Mi Q'an, #7)
  • Firebreather (Firebreather #1)
  • The Switch
  • His Secondhand Wife (The Copper Creek Brides #2)
  • Secrets: Volume 3
I began telling stories as a child. Whenever there was a sleepover, I was the designated ghost tale teller. I still have a story printed on yellow legal paper in second grade about a ghost, a witch and a talking cat.

I enjoy dabbling in many genres. Whether you're a fan of contemporary historical or fantasy romance, you'll find something to enjoy among my books. I'm interested in flawed, often dama
More about Bonnie Dee...

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• The Silent Shield (Kingfountain #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Boundary Crossed (Boundary Magic, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Gateway to Fourline (The Fourline Trilogy, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Scourge of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Nightstalkers (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Book of Truths (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Rift (Area 51: Nightstalkers, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Blight of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • The Forsaken Throne (Kingfountain #6)
  • Caraval (Caraval, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Rebel Genius
    $6.38 $2.99
  • Time Patrol (Area 51: The Nightstalkers, #4)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The King's Traitor (Kingfountain, #3)
  • Fear the Drowning Deep
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Insignia (Insignia, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Moving Mars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Lion Hunter (The Lion Hunters, #4)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Forge of God (Forge of God, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Blood Rose Rebellion
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Winter Prince (The Lion Hunters Novels)
  • Ocean of Storms
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Final Trade (The Dominion Trilogy, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Flamecaster (Shattered Realms, #1)
    $4.09 $1.99
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Wretched of Muirwood (Legends of Muirwood, #1)
  • Timequake
    $8.99 $1.99
“When the Warrior pulled her half onto his lap and she felt the hard bulge of his erection thrusting up from his groin pressing into her hip, Katya grew nervous. She pulled away, gasping, and pressed him back with her hand on his chest. “Wait! Wait.” She licked her tingling lips and touched them with her fingertips, wondering what she’d been thinking to awaken this sleeping giant. What had happened to her vow to fight him off with all her strength?
Turan’s dark eyes glowed like two banked coals ready to ignite into flame. “Please. More,” he begged hoarsely. “Please.”
She suddenly realized that, despite the fact he could snap her in two if he wished, she was the one with the power. He didn’t intend to hurt or force her.”
“Mmm.” The vibration in his chest pressed against her back shot sparks of hot lust through her. “I love you this way.” He guided his erection to nudge her entrance. “I love you every way.”
Katya smiled and pushed back against him. “I love you, too.”