Start by marking “Broken Boundaries” as Want to Read:
Broken Boundaries

Broken Boundaries

Chaz is the youngest recruit the Academy has ever seen. Godlike reflexes and hawk eyes make him a natural gunner assigned to fly the futuristic ship with technology so advanced it’s still classified. But it takes a two-man crew and Chaz, the lone wolf, must have a partner.

On his first day he meets Ferron, the most dangerous man at the Academy. The ice blue eyes and scarred
ebook, Spectrum, 163 pages
Published March 2009 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Broken Boundaries, please sign up.
AlitaConejita Well, no one answered my question and the ebook is only $3ish so I read it. It's along the same lines as other Evangeline Anderson books and I enjoyed…moreWell, no one answered my question and the ebook is only $3ish so I read it. It's along the same lines as other Evangeline Anderson books and I enjoyed it as much as those (which I liken to potato chips - junk food, but oh so yummy). So my conclusion: if you enjoy EA's books (which means you can get past the implausibility of the scenarios) you'll probably enjoy this one too.(less)

Julio Genao
Jul 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommended to Julio by: MostlyDelores
dnf at 20 percent.

silly, and juvenile, and shouty. lots of emo douchebaggery and magic peen syndrome.

i really liked the premise, and hated everything else. i likened it to degrassi junior high—IN SPAAAACE.

there's, like, a roving gang of shouty homophobes in it and everything.

it was like 'grease' but with killer space-lobsters and less sophisticated characterization.

big ol' pile of dafuqery, then.

you'd do well to avoid it, unless you don't necessarily need your leisure reading to make any sense w
L-D
**I just upped this review by a star. Why? The more I talk about it the more I realize that I actually DO like it in a "Spaceballs" vs. "Star Wars" kind of way! It actually has very good entertainment and conversation value! Added to my "guilty pleasures" shelf ;)
*************************************************************************************

Okay - this is the third book I've read by Evangeline Anderson and I've figured out her M.O.. For some reason, she can't write about gay relationships
Karel
Nov 29, 2012 rated it did not like it

I keep waiting for this to happen the whole book. The whole 'God!/nope, just me' joke is getting old, stale, and downright moldy. But that's not all that's getting old with E.A's books.

I will write a review on all three arcs of the story.

1. The STRAIGHT MAN

I am not gay! I am not gay! I am not gay!

And then go on and repeat it for something like 200 pages because you're certainly not getting an erection while getting close and personal to a guy; you did not have an orgasm while giving a guy a blow
JenMcJ
Mar 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Wow! This book was really hot. The scifi plot was interesting and unique but had a few plot issues that distracted me as I questioned them.

The futuristic space fighter is very advanced and requires a two man team to be extremely close in order to fly it at maximum efficiency. The government has found a way to find the people best suited to not only fly the machine but to each other as well. The government is never wrong and they don't take into consideration the emotional upheavel such revelati
Jenre
Aug 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, m-m, futuristic
Are you a big fan of sci-fi? Do you love to read about gadgets and technologically advanced machinery? Are you interested in books which contain aliens and their impact on our society in the future? If you are can I gently suggest that you stay right away from this book because it may make you a tad annoyed. Broken Boundaries is Evangeline Anderson at her finest. It's a gloriously over-the-top piece of high space camp that will appeal to those who love EA and are willing to set aside all pretens ...more
Fiona Goodman
3.5...Upped by 1/2 point upon re-read.

And the award for the most inventive use of a spacecraft goes to.......

Kind of like a cross between Independence Day (for brainless fun), Top Gun (same with the two macho enemy studs)and the very good sci-fi novel Ender's Game for scenario. Add the fuck to live aspect and it is really is kind of irresistible!
Kassa
Dec 11, 2009 rated it did not like it
This is a science fiction based story about training young men to be excellent fighter pilots against the possible threat of the return of space aliens called Lobsters that threaten the Earth’s existence. Sound familiar? Well it should, the plot is incredibly similar Ender’s Game except the pilots are forced to be gay. Considering this author is well known for her gay for you stereotypes, she certainly stays true to form with that in this particular twist. There are additional problems from the ...more
Macky
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Second time round for this quirky sexy sci fi story by Evangeline Anderson and however far fetched and WTF!! this book gets at times ... I couldn't give a flying you know what!!

Its got sizzling, palpable sexual tension, which always ticks my boxes, fantastic chemistry, its hot as hell and I adore brooding Ferron and skittish Chaz with a passion. At first glance this is just another chunk of space erotica with a kinky excuse to get the two guys, one of whom thinks he's straight, into doing the n
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Dec 06, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Shelves: romance, sci-fi, erotica
ayanami
Jul 20, 2010 rated it did not like it
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Evangeline Anderson takes the conventional space romance one step further.

Chaz Brighton wants to be a Needle gunner and attends the Lunar Academy of Excellence. During his first tour he runs into Eric Ferron being taunted for being "a faggot". Of course, Ferron does not take this lightly and Chaz is intrigued and wants to know more about this tall, dark and scarred Needle pilot. One thing Chaz finds out that shocks him is that Ferron killed his last partner. Another thing he finds out is how th
V
Sep 29, 2012 rated it did not like it
I have read some silly books in my lifetime, I'm surprise not many people find this story absurd.
I rolled my eyes so many times reading this book, it is a miracle I finished.
Here it is a few samples.
Threat to earth in the future are extra-terrestrial Lobsters??? REALLY??
There is a space ship that requires two naked men to lay touching together to operate, and a ship that can only be fully effectively operated if the two men are physically connected and having sex..WTH??
But you HAVE to have sex,
Dreamer
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable m/m sci-fi 'gay for you' novel. Cadet Needle pilot Ferron and gunner Chaz Brighton need to establish a 'really, really' close relationship in order to fly their craft.
description
' - get real, Chaz. Don't you mean he made you face the fact of what you are? Nobody can make you gay or straight. Ferron just made you acknowledge it for the first time.'
Nichole (DirrtyH)
Aug 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, 2009, sci-fi
Evangeline Anderson is a writer that's kind of hit or miss for me. This was definitely a hit. In fact, I think it's my favorite of the stuff I've read from her. I loved this book.

I'm having a hard time rating this though. I think I'm going to give it 4.5 stars. I think the only thing keeping it from being 5 stars is just that I don't like Anderson's particular brand of "gay for you", though it was a lot tamer in this book than in most of her stuff.

But this was a great, well written erotic sci fi
MostlyDelores
1.5 stars.

I think she shouldn't write m/m anymore. I could suspend my disbelief about the "we need to fuck to fly the ship" technology, but the shrill, hysterical homophobia and self-hatred seems out of date in 2012, never mind decades into the future when this is supposed to be set.
Zombetha Vexation
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Umm...I have to say I'm kinda falling in love with reading Evangeline Anderson's books, not because they are good, because they are not, but, because they are like little, long-lasting, happy pills. I read one, and for days afterward, while performing ordinary tasks - tying my shoes, pouring a cup of coffee, cleaning a dish - I will burst into spontaneous grins and chuckles as some ridiculously silly plot point or phrase will pop into my head. And that is after I've calmed down, while actually r ...more
Lucy
Aug 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
Wynne Katherine
Mar 30, 2018 marked it as ahh-how-about-no
Read some of the reviews, does not look like something I would enjoy. *shrugs*
Valentina Heart
Oct 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
First thing I thought when I started reading was Starship Troopers. I love that movie and the storyline was dangerously headed in that direction(I mean Lobsters-Bugs?). The next thing was Independence Day, but that's just because I love movies just as much as books.
Then the story started to heat up, and man did it heat up! There's basically no sex until the very end, but every chapter is loaded with sexual tension and it was so beautifully written that I couldn't put the book down.
The concept
Lori
LOVED this book. I am a sucker for the "Gay for You" scenario and Evangeline pulled it off beautifully. There was just the right amount of angst, sexual tension and yummy sex. I liked both heroes right from that start and really wanted them to have their HEA. Can't wait to read more of her books.
Apr 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Broken Boundries by Evangeline Anderson is a bit of a weird one for me. There were definitely some bits that I liked, but lots of the book just drove me a little bat shit. I am willing to whip out my big ole suspension of disbelief undies for a good story, but unfortunately some of the world building and details of the ship flying were a little over the top. I liked some of the tension between the characters and the whole I don’t wanna be different thing, but the way some of the sexual stuff was ...more
Kukko
Main Characters: Eric Ferron – The Falcon & Chaz Brightone – Green Eyes
Key Themes: Grief, Homophobia, H/C
Location: Outer Space

Eric and Chaz are space pilots at an academy orbiting the moon. Despite still being students, they are strangely the first line of defense against aliens. You would think that Earth would put forward its best and brightest to defense itself....but who am I to judge!

This story confused me. I wasn’t sure if I should take it seriously ...lobster-shaped aliens and a spac
Natsroshan
May 03, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommended to Natsroshan by: Moderatrix Lori
❂ Endless
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: erotic-m-m
The word "Ludicrous" comes to mind, quite often actually.

I liked both the MCs, Ferron more than Chaz and no I did not find Chaz annoying. I understood where they were both coming from and didn't have anything against their inner struggles.

I liked the romance, the premise....The story had my attention even though it was predictable through and through.

But, "Ludicrous"! (view spoiler)
Susan65
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
This story is sci-fi so you must suspend belief a bit, but at the same time it was equally disturbing and intriguing. Imagine, if you will, a spaceship that requires a close, physical connection between the pilots to power your ship...and the closer the connection...hint hint, the more powerful the ship.

Now, imagine one of the pilots is not gay and finds himself put into a situation that is more closely related to non-consensual than consensual and you have the basis of Broken Boundaries. I admi
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
3.5 Stars for the sheer fun of it!

This was fun, really really fun~I sooo loved the MC's and OMG I love those space crabs they were stupidly cool. I must admit this is a 4 stars read just for the sheer fun of it~ BUT I had 1 problem~I Really, really hated the way they had to fly the spaceship....so NOT cool....and this is why Evangeline Anderson has to stay my DIRTY LITTLE SECRET!
Julia
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, sci-fi
I gotta admit, I love the storylines where a man with very little sexual self awareness is put in situations that force him to face the facts. Admittedly, there were some parts that just made me shake my head...like the fact they were battling lobsters...but I loved the tension. I thought the premise was imaginative and the whole testing concept to be interesting. For me, it was just plain fun and exactly what I needed.
Feliz
I might've liked this a lot better had I read it years ago. Seen from my present day's perspective it was a bit meh... long drawn-out angsty inner musings in a futuristic society that's even more bigoted than ours is today.
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gaymance
I enjoyed this very much. My heart broke when we found out what happened to Sabine and I definitely felt every heartbreak and hurt that our beautiful MCs did. Wonderful Book.

Recommended for those who enjoy this genre.
M'rella
While I am not sure how to react to the *you can't fight and you can't win unless you're getting f*cked at the same time* concept, the book was not all that bad. Entertaining for sure.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Lover & Commander
  • The Englor Affair (Sci-Regency #2)
  • Details of the Hunt (Details, #1)
  • Acquainted with the Night
  • Outcast Mine
  • An Uncommon Whore (An Uncommon Whore #1)
  • I Was An Alien Cat Toy
  • A Solid Core of Alpha
  • The Bonding (Gaven, #2)
  • When Irish Eyes Are Sparkling (O'Shaughnessys #2)
  • Blind Space
  • Heroes & Ghosts
  • Gravitational Attraction
  • A Policy of Lies (Trust Series, #1)
  • Himiko: Bonding
  • ReneCade (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #3)
  • Scarred
  • Creation's Control (Creations #2)
Evangeline Anderson is a registered MRI tech who would rather be writing. And yes, she is nerdy enough to have a bumper sticker that says “I’d rather be writing.” Honk if you see her! She is thirty-something and lives in Florida with a husband, a son, and two cats. She had been writing erotic fiction for her own gratification for a number of years before it occurred to her to try and get paid for ...more