Start by marking “Unveiling The Edge Of Time: Black Holes, White Holes, and Worm Holes” as Want to Read:
Unveiling The Edge Of Time: Black Holes, White Holes, and Worm Holes

Unveiling The Edge Of Time: Black Holes, White Holes, and Worm Holes

3.86  ·  Rating details ·  51 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Once the stuff of science-fiction novels, black holes, and their even stranger cosmological counterparts, white holes and worm holes, are now the subject of serious scientific inquiry. Physicists who formerly shunned these astrophysical eccentricities have begun to theorize about them and search for the physical proof of their existence with the zeal of converts. Their una ...more
Published September 29th 1992 by Crown (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Unveiling The Edge Of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unveiling The Edge Of Time

Kelley Ross
At first, this book is clear and very easy to follow, which was surprising considering I have no background knowledge concerning physics. Towards the end, the book became very theoretical and somewhat hard to follow do to less solid facts and more stipulation and strange diagrams. However, I do feel like I have a semi-grasp on these theories now, which is more than I can say for before I read this book. I did appreciate the brevity of the conversation, and I am sure I can make up for the small b ...more
Bryan
Jul 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read it! You'll like it!: This is my all time favorite popular book written by a real physicist. In my opinion, it's better than Hawking's "Brief History of Time" because it not only explains the pretty well known areas of physics (black holes and such), but goes beyond this into such abstract ideas as wormholes and several interesting ways that nature might just allow time travel. It plays with your imagination the whole way through.
Ken Dilella
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
a bit dated (written at the time of the big crunch theory) but other wise an excellent john gribbin book.
Brock
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Best physics and cosmology book for the non-physicist I have ever read. Does not treat you like you an ididot but also does not make you go open up the college math textbooks, either. Superb. Read it.
Tim Weakley
Glad this one is done. This is the fourth book by Gribbin that I have read, and the only one I didn't care for. I found it to drag, and head off on tangents. It just didn't make the concepts very engaging to me...which Gribbin's books have always done before.
JWG-King Swami
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
loved this book
Samar
Oct 14, 2012 marked it as to-read
لقيت نسخة مترجمة ليه وهقراه
عودة للجنون مع اينشتاين : )
Aubrey Stapp
Greg Jose
Jan 27, 2013
April Harrison
Mar 05, 2012
John R. Gribbin is a British science writer, an astrophysicist, and a visiting fellow in astronomy at the University of Sussex. The topical range of his prolific writings includes quantum physics, biographies of famous scientists, human evolution, the origins of the universe, climate change and global warming. His also writes science fiction.

John Gribbin graduated with his bachelor's degree in phy
More about John Gribbin