Start by marking “Pandora Hearts, Volume 5” as Want to Read:
Pandora Hearts, Volume 5

Pandora Hearts, Volume 5 (Pandora Hearts #5)

4.48  ·  Rating details ·  3,025 Ratings  ·  55 Reviews
Oz memasuki salah satu ingatan Alice yang ternyata merupakan ingatan mengenai bencana yang terjadi 100 tahun lalu. Di sana, Oz mengetahui kenyataan mengerikan tentang Alice dan Vincent Nightray. Tapi, kenapa Vincent bisa berada dalam ingatan Alice? Berhasilkah Oz menyelamatkan Alice!?
Published April 2011 by Yen Press (first published April 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Pandora Hearts, Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pandora Hearts, Volume 5

LAnn
Mar 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Really, I can't believe how well Pandora Hearts progresses from volume to volume. I expected the story to start dwindling a little at this point from lack of character development or poor interaction with others, but really everything keeps building up to create a phenomenal plot with meaningful and wonderfully built characters.

Although there was some things in this volume that weren't revealed that I would have liked to see, there was plenty of character development and plot structure revealed
Ella
Jan 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When a series gives you more questions with every revelation and gives you no answers to previous questions!!!AHHHHHH!!!!
Amy Keeley
Oct 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kat (Lost in Neverland)

I...honestly don't know what the fuck is going on.
✿ cassandra ✿
Am I supposed to be THIS confused so far into the series? Because I have no idea what's happening right now...
Gabriela Paige
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
WHAT???!!!!! NO!!!!! Gah! I can't believe it! Of course! WHY???!!!!!
Mary
3.5

"Alice...you're fine just the way you are...!"

Volume 5 slows down to throw some information at you, with shocking revelations. Very solid read, but not as powerful as previous volumes.

We learn about what Alice erased her memories to hide, who Gilbert and Vincent truly are, and that Vincent has some dark secrets.

Oz develops a lot. We see that he truly cares about Alice. Something about her strikes him, and makes him want to keep her smiling. Alice herself has lived a hard life, and now that O
Eris Vianney
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oooooooh, so Cheshire was Alice's cat? (view spoiler)

This was an interesting volume. Break is growing on me all the time, and I am really curious as to what the relationship between him and Sharon is. They seem very attached to one another.

Also, I did observe that Vincent has a broken chain on the cover, whereas Gil, Sharon, Break, and Oz all have connected chains on their covers. I remembe
Elevetha
2.5 aha moments.

I am actually writing up a list of characters and how they relate to one another. I've done this with one other book/series. ONE. But hey, I think it's helping out a small bit.

So, once again, I find myself mimicking Oz.

"...no...NO!!! I don't...understand anything yet! About Alice. About the tragedy of Sablier. And...about the identity of that man! I don't want to end without understanding any of that!"

But besides that, most of which I have a better idea of now that I've read a
Mal
your
b e l o v e d
master
Liesl
This series is just too confusing. I watched the entire anime series and still don't fully get what's happening. Giving up on this series.

Jeffrey
Oz and Gil's quest to save Alice from the Cheshire Cat and Break's quest to discover what happened a century ago come to a head as we learn more of Alice's origin as well as the residents of the Cat's realm. When we do finally break out of the prison, we learn more about the Pandora organization and the reader discovers a traitor in their midst.

A solid volume, though nothing too surprising given the clues in previous volumes. The story is not complete by any stretch, but we're making solid progr
Lottie Eve
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
MissAnnThrope
24 May 2013

Rating: * * * 1/2

First of all, love the cover of Vincent on this fifth volume. I think it's very telling that so far he is the only character portrayed with a broken chain. This makes me all the more curious to find out more about him. All of the covers in this series have been stunning. The beautifully ornate costumes and intricate detail reminds me of the artwork in Black Butler. My favorite covers so far are the second, third, and fifth volumes.
descriptiondescriptiondescription

After the adrenaline-inducing cliffha
Mackenzie Hartman
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Review for volumes 4-7 since I kinda read them all together. I have absolutely no clue how this manga can be so dense with story, reveals, twists and character development 7 volumes in (with 17 more to go!) and it's certainly different from what I'm used to pacing wise.

Before I get into just spoiling what happens in these I will say that if you're wondering whether or not to continue and you're already enjoying it then I would definitely have to say yes! On the flip side if you didn't like it u
Jordan
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Oh my word...
Jun Mochizuki writes like my sister does. Constant twists and drama, and not in a bad way. The story is meant to be that way. One gets too used to shonen manga where you finish a volume and find yourself weeping, "NOTHING HAPPENED!". Not so here! I have been excited by each and every volume, and each and every page. Not to say that sometimes it isn't because it's a funny or cute moment, because there are plenty of these.
Ok... getting farther into the story now... The twists are beco
Karissa
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is the fifth volume in the Pandora Hearts series (there are 24 volumes in this series, which is now complete). I enjoyed it but am still having some trouble following the story.

Oz finds himself outside of time in an event that occurred 100 years ago; he finds out that Vincent may have been deeply involved in this disastrous event and that this may be the very memory that Alice was trying to repress. Even more surprising it seems that Gil was also involved in this disastrous event.

We are al
Lanie
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: books-i-own
Another 3 star installment. Beautiful artwork as always and I love the over all story.

& the characters are simply wonderful.

But this volume, like the last, are simply too confusing for me to give more than three stars. Raising lots of questions and having lots of mystery is great. But there's a point where it becomes too much, and were getting dangerous close to that point.

Hopefully some questions are actually answered soon.

This is definitely a series that needs read back to back. Maybe I
Chia-Tung
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oz catches a glimpse of what happened 100 years ago at Sablier; dead bodies everywhere, a young Vincent Nightray, and the corpse of a once human Alice.

As they finally return to the human world, Jack Bezarius (the so-called hero 100 years ago), using Oz's body, announces to the members of Pandora that Glen Baskerville, the perpetrator of the Tragedy of Sablier, is still alive, and to prevent another tragedy, the Pandora must protect Oz.

The truth of what happened 100 years ago based on Alice's mem
Hope
May 28, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
And the plot thickens! I can't believe some of the things that happened in this volume and my sister says it only gets more and more amazing! Jack is pretty amazing and the whole thing with Vincent!!!!! Ah! I can't wait to continue!

Premise - 4/5
Enjoyment - 4/5

Average Rating - 3.8
My Rating - 4

Recommend? Yep!
Cover/Artwork - I wasn't as impressed with the artwork in this one. It wasn't bad or anything just the backgrounds and such w
Miss Ryoko
Dec 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, library-book
It was a while between reading the 4th and 5th volume so I couldn't entirely remember what was happening :-p And then a bit of it at the end was confusing. So I felt a little lost while reading this volume, but I still enjoyed it. I love that Break is the Mad Hatter because he kills me. I love him! I also really like Jack (he is sooooo cute! LOL)

I was also super *heart eyes/fan girl squee* when Oz was all "I'll save you Alice" and all cutesie and whatnot. Alice is rad. Her and Break are definite
Hannah B
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pretty-awesome, manga
One of my very good friends recommended this manga series to me, and ever since I began reading it a few months ago I am completely hooked. I think that the story so far is very interesting and after reading the 5th volume I am so intruiged to find out what will happen next (especially with Vincent!!!). The series also has beautiful art and characters designs. That alone makes it worth it. The interesting story makes it even better. I can't wait to get my hands on the next volume to see what's g ...more
Maverynthia
Apr 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
So we spend the entire book getting out of Chesire Cat's dimension only to actually have the characters TELL US what all the confusing stuff is about. I mean is it just me or does Black Butler do a good job of not having a ton of stuff going on that you understand it, VS THIS which has 4 families, all of them that hate each other or such and that the names are important and stuff happened 100 years ago and it's just a confusing mess that keeps pushing new characters THAT LOOK ALIKE at you. THEN ...more
Courtney (Storybook Slayers)
Apr 15, 2012 rated it liked it
More reviews at Rondo of a Possible World: YA Book Reviews

The whole revamping of Alice in Wonderland into a dark and twisted manga following a Boy named Oz and an chain named Alice (B Rabbit) definitely caught my eye when searching for a new manga to read. The art work is astounding and I fell in love from page one. Not just that, but the chilling mystery behind Oz and what he is truly guilty of does peck at my skin, the anticipation of knowing the secret haunts me every time I read :) A truly
Sam "moony"
In which Vincent is a flaming bag of bad words and Jack rears his confusing head once more. Was anyone else angry for no particular reason after reading this? Or was it just me? Seeing Alice die AGAIN made me happy though, (I'm partly curious how many times shell die by the end in which Jun says "Oh! Haha! Fooled you! She's not really dead yet...") anyway it's-like always-a wonderful book full of twisted not-all-the-way-wonderland fun!
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
While still in another dimension, Break deals with Cheshire since they have a history together, it seems. And Oz looks for Alice and learns a lot more than he should about a certain tragedy, who the mysterious yet familiar looking guy is and lastly Alice. Well, things got kind a crazy for Oz. So much happens in this volume, moving the story forward with some interesting twists and turns. Love this series.
Nic
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Corley
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yvensong
Our main characters get a view of the horrifying events that had happened 100 years previously. This gives the reader some background and an excellent way to move the plot forward.

There are several twists added to the plot-line, adding to the already complex story-line.

Character development continues to be great fun to follow.
Jenny
Jun 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, shounen-manga
[Ch. 19-22:]

Oz saving Alice was very sweet. (:

Jack possessing Oz's body was very weird. o_O
I had a bad feeling from Vincent from the start but I wonder what he has to do with the events from 100 years ago?
  • D.Gray-man, Volume 15
  • Black Butler, Vol. 9 (Black Butler, #9)
  • Karneval, Vol. 2 (Karneval, #2)
Jun Mochizuki (望月淳 Mochizuki Jun) is a Japanese comic artist (manga-ka), best known for the fantasy shounen series Pandora Hearts/パンドラハーツ.
More about Jun Mochizuki...

Pandora Hearts (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Pandora Hearts 1巻