Start by marking “Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crossroads (Crossroads, #1)

Crossroads

(Crossroads #1)

Handsome ex-cop Frank McGuire is on a quest to locate his dead partner's missing son. Rand Brennan has an identity issue, exercabated since the death of his father. Hoping to find himself, Rand drops out of college, takes to the streets, and doesn't realize he's embroiled in duplicity and murder. In order to save Rand, Frank must confront the nefarious killers and...confro ...more
Published March 23rd 2009 by Phaze Books (first published March 23rd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Crossroads, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossroads

Heather Wildman
Feb 23, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Personally, I got to about page 7 before I wondered when the cliche would end.

It ended right about the time the main character raped the guy he had the hots for. There is a fine line between forced seduction and rape. There is a fine line between trusting someone enough to play such games with and having no clue as to who someone is and being violated by them without consent.

Up until then he was an average character. From that point on, all I wanted to do was take his "tools" and shove them...
Melanie
Feb 05, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody
I have never given a book one star before. Usually there is at least one redeeming factor that makes it two stars. But not this story, this is pure rubbish. Everything about this book screams trash bin - from poor writing and unlikable main characters to rape masquerading as BDSM, nothing works.

Another reviewer states that Keta Diablo likes non pc characters. If so, that's fine. But this goes far beyond that. They are not merely non pc, the main character is reprehensible and the author seems un
Elisa Rolle
Keta Diablo likes the unpolitically correct characters. I had just a little taste of it in a previous short story in which one of the character was a man who cheated on his lover for fear of commitment; as you all know, for me a cheating man is something I can hardly forgive, even if, truth be told, in that book the man was doing everything possible to be forgiven.

In this new book Frank is the most possible anti-hero you can find. A mix of Inspector Callaghan meets Yaoi, Frank is a private inves
Katerine Borgia
May 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
I did not care for this book at all. The characters were all unlikable. It has nothing to do with the forced sex or trying to cram two nunchucks in one anus, it has to do with the fact that the writing is just bad. The sentence structure is poor, verbiage overused and reads like a woman writing a Mary Sue so she can insert herself into the fantasy while she's typing one-handed. I've read better work for free on Literotica.

I did finish it, hoping against hope it would get better. It did not. Fur
adrienne
Jan 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: nobody. ever.
Seriously, it is unfortunate that I actually read this entire book, thinking at some point it must get better. Save yourself: it does not. A smarter person would have realized this is published by phaze, which, in my opinion, only puts out absolute crap, yet somehow has one or two decent authors.
potential spoilers:

anyway, Crossroads features: bad writing, contrived plot, rape, the always well-done 'i'm in love with my rapist' storyline, a psychic, a transvestite killer, and headaches/what-the-h
Brande Waldron
Feb 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
For starters if you aren't into M/M romance this may not be your cup of tea. But if you are or if you a just starting to get into it then I do believe you will just love this little trilogy.

Frank is an ex-cop with a lot to hide, #1 is his emotions, #2 is his desire for the young Rand Brennan who just happens to be his dead partner's son and #3 would be that he can talk to the dead.

Pretty interesting mix if you ask me, which presents us with Book 1 in the Crossroads Trilogy, Crossroads. This is t
Furio
Jan 18, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Though utterly misused I could feel some raw talent in Ms Diablo's writing. She has good ideas and an instict for storytelling.

All the rest is lacking.
First of all, much of the story is "told" and not "shown": a basic mistakes that classes authors immediately among the amateurs. Who might be willing to pay for an amateur's effort? Not me.
One could also mention that the story could have used more pages and a better development.

The parts developed in full detail are the two sex scenes which would
Johanna
Nov 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I dont know where to start with a review of the Crossroads series by Keta Diablo. How do I tell people that this is one of the best series I have ever read without sounding like a total fangirl? Well, I guess I dont because I am a total fan of Ms Diablo and her works. I will take a moment to brag here that I have an autographed copy of Crossroads and I cherish it. The Crossroads books have a favorite spot in my library, as they are some of the first mm romance books I ever read and became hooked ...more
Tyra Berger
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Ex-cop turned P.I. Frank McGuire has two big secrets in his life. The first is his almost psychic ability and the second is, he is in love with the son of his dead partner. He puts the first to good use in his P.I. business and the second he stays as far away from as he possibly can, until Rand goes missing.

So much happens in the course of this book it's hard to believe it's only 50 pages. We have a serial killer, a missing son and an alcoholic ex-cop who is trying to deny his feelings. To say t
kasjo_peja
Joy
Feb 17, 2012 marked it as did-not-finish
SO horrible and disturbing I really could not finish it. If my mother hired someone to find me and that person (view spoiler) I would probably kill them both. At the very least, in what is supposed to be a ...romance? I couldn't get past it and didn't want to.
Chris
Jan 11, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: gay, ebook, owned, 2010, paranormal
So-so paranormal m/m about a cop turned private investigator who communicates with the dead when he meditates. Be warned that this book contains dub con - I'm not a fan, although it's totally an old school romance and yaoi trope.
Bergur Arnar
Sep 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
It was entertaining and I really liked it apart from the beginning when Frank broke info Randy's place, that sort of stepped over thé line. Just to clarify, though, I am in no way hating on the author or criticizing her work, I'm merely saying that I didn't like what the character did.
Aymee
Enjoyable story with a well-developed mystery and characters for such a short novel. Well worth the read.
Maki2011
Feb 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Ndulgent Bloggers
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tyra
Full review of the complete series is posted here: http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogs...
David
Oct 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay-and-lesbian
Well written and interesting. More of a novella, with likeable characters. Characters should develop considerably in future works.
Indigo
rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2011
SM
Aug 30, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
A Haunting Historical From Keta Diablo 1 5 Apr 16, 2011 07:06AM
Keta Diablo lives in the Midwest part of the United States on six acres of gorgeous woodland. When she isn't writing or gardening she loves to commune with nature. A pair of barn owls returns to the property every year to birth their young and show them off in the high branches of the oak trees. Nothing more adorable than these white fluffy babies with heart-shaped faces. A lifelong animal lover, ...more

Crossroads (4 books)
  • Crossroads Revisited (Crossroads, #2)
  • Crossroads Showdown (Crossroads, #3)
  • Crossroads Shadowland (Crossroads, #4)