Start by marking “Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)” as Want to Read:
Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)

Club Shadowlands

(Masters of the Shadowlands #1)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  31,872 ratings  ·  1,874 reviews
Her car disabled during a tropical storm, Jessica Randall discovers the isolated house where she's sheltering is a private bondage club. At first shocked, she soon becomes aroused watching the interactions between the Doms and their subs. But she's a professional woman--an accountant--and surely isn't a submissive...is she?

Master Z hasn't been so attracted to a woman in ye
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 155 pages
Published January 2009 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Club Shadowlands, please sign up.
Heather This book is free on Amazon to download. You could probably order many of the others through your library. If they don't have it themselves, most libr…moreThis book is free on Amazon to download. You could probably order many of the others through your library. If they don't have it themselves, most libraries in North America offer books through other libraries free through InterLibrary Loans(less)

·  31,872 ratings  ·  1,874 reviews

Start your review of Club Shadowlands (Masters of the Shadowlands, #1)
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Well, since this book is pretty short, the review will be pretty short too...

Here are just some basic things you need to know, and some of my reactions to them...

Master Z
is a mind reader :D
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yup, he can tell what emotions you are feeling, sometimes even your thoughts! He is the pefect master and knows what every sub needs and wants. And I was just about to say: Where can I get some of that?, but then thought... Ummm, I really DON'T want a guy who'll know every single thing I'm thinking/feeling AL
Evgeny
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
Jessica Randall managed to destroy her car in an accident finding herself alone in the middle of nowhere, Florida. It was night, and it was raining - I mean tropical rain. After lots of walking she found a big lonely house where she was hoping she would get help. She did, but not the kind she expected.

The house was known as Club Shadowlands - a BDSM club. Jessica having no clue about it - she was given a paper with rules to read, but she did not bother - stumbled right in the middle of the party
KitReads (a.k.a. nd)
Every once in a while a book comes along that grabs at your the literary brain cells. That you read and immediately want to read again, that while you're reading it, you can't put it down, you don't want it to end, you want to shout to everyone you know that they MUST, MUST read this book! You think about where the story is going to go next when you aren't sitting down holding it in your hands... well this is one of those books for me... one of those authors actually. Everything I've read by Che ...more
Steelwhisper
...give me a day to recuperate...

After a few days to recuperate, and thanks to some absolutely wonderful pansexual BDSM to read, I get back to this here.

Where to start? A vanilla woman drives her car into a ditch in the middle of the night in a thunderstorm, and enters a BDSM club to get help. This reads a bit like the great opening scenes of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", with a Jessica instead of a Janet and Brad, and a Sir Z instead of a Frank N. Furter. While this book stays rather bizarre
Shurrn
This was a fun introduction to the Masters of the Shadowlands series...

If you follow my updates, you might have seen my surprise when I discovered that I had already read this book... I figured this out within the first few sentences and was more than a little surprised... Not that I had read a book that was published four years ago, but that I could barely remember anything about it...

Here is what I could remember:
After a car crash, a young woman takes shelter in a strange house,
Which turns out
destini mia
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to destini mia by: Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer
This was like being Alice in a very twisted Wonderland...

Holy hells was that steamy!

If your looking for a short, hot and entertaining read, look no further. Club Shadowlands pulled me in and kept me in a heat-filled daze. The writing was easy, the characters were interesting and this book was a perfect way to take a break from my depressing and masochistic reading.

Rough night, Kitten?

*sigh* I can never resist a man who calls his girl Kitten.
Master Z was one of my favorite c
Navessa
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of "The Scene"
Recommended to Navessa by: Angela
3.5 Stars

Your expectations going into this book will make or break it for you. Seriously. If you expect beautiful literature or in depth character development or rational human behavior you’re going to be pissed. You’re going to scream things like this:

“Haven’t you ever seen a scary movie? Do NOT go in there!”

But if you go into this book expecting a fully formed BDSM fantasy you may end up screaming things more along these lines:

“Yes. Yes. Give it to me. YES!”

Because I went into this pre
Penny
Sep 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Actual rating 2.5 stars.

Although I didn’t give this book many stars I would not want to discourage anyone from this series. This might be the softest of all the installments, the stories do get better after this first one, and they are definitely worth reading.

The plots in this series are maybe somewhat standard, and the writing isn’t fantastic, although still good. However, the content, the BDSM relationships are wonderful and powerful.

This book in particular is light, short, and a perfect in
warhawke
Nov 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: BDSM newbies
Shelves: erotic, kinky-fuckery
Genre: Erotica
Type: Standalone Book 1 from Masters of the Shadowlands
POV: First Person - Female
Rating:

On a cold rainy night, Jessica Randall, a plain Jane accountant, ran out of luck when her car ended up stuck in a ditch. She walked the isolated road until she came across a mansion to ask for help. Never would have she realize what's behind the door was a whole another world that Master Z was more than willing to open her eyes to.

I had this book on my TBR for a very long time since I first
Dina
This read was boring to me, as I didn't connect with Master Z (Zachary) and Jessica. Master Z was a caring, sensitive and protective Dom, Jessica was a nice and courageous (even if a bit TSTL) sub, but I didn't feel any chemistry between them. Everything was too rushed and their sexual encounters left me cold, which is saying a lot considering that BDSM usually ruffles my feathers - sometimes in a bad way, sometimes in a good way. This time, I couldn't care less.

This was only my 2nd book by this
Ida
3 Stars.
I was honestly surprised by how intriguing I found this book. Reviews of Club Shadowlands has been popping up all over my goodreads for years, but considering the genre I've never found a need to pick it up. I did however buy a lot of kindle books last week simply because they were cheap, and this was one of them.
The book had some scenes I found a bit uncomfortable, but kudos for pulling on my emotions. I won't continue the series, but for people who liked Fifty Shades of Grey this ser
Kat Fletcher
Aug 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
Sort of the standard BDSM thing of an accidental introduction to the lifestyle. Girl is driving in storm, girl's car breaks down, she goes to castle to use the phone, but castles don't have phones a******, so she has to stay the night. Everyone does the time warp and she's introduced to the world of kink.

I have read this book before. I love reading this book.

Except it doesn't turn out to be that book. Before she's done much more than look, she breaks a rule and because she's signed a member ag
Sophia Triad
“You may call me Sir.”
Like the marines or something? “Uh, right. Exactly what kind of club is this?”

I remember years ago, when I was curious about BDSM books, I have started reading this book. It is highly recommended by the experts and this series is like the epitome of BDSM romance.
Anyway, I think I read about 10 pages before I fell asleep. The next night, I had a similar experience. I read about 10 pages more before I fell asleep.

This book has such a tranquillity, such a peacefulness, tha
Vishous
1.5

● things I liked in this book: .................

● things I didn't like in this book:

○ every single sentence on every single page;
○ heroine that is TSTL;
○ hero that feels other people's emotions and is a mind reader and obviously the smartest living creature on planet Earth;
○ did I mention extremely annoying heroine?!
○ did I mention a hero with super powers in his loins?!
* Meli Mel *

♥♥♥ 3.25 STARS ♥♥♥

This was quite the short read, but it was full of steam. It was a pretty good start to the series, but it wasn't without any flaws.

The story starts off with the Jessica leaving a horrible date, and her car stranding her on a street in the pouring rain alone. She goes in search for some help when she comes across Club Shadowlands. She has no idea the nature of this club or that that night is BDSM night. This is where she meets Master Z, a Dom, she is immensely attracted to.

●
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

Whenever I ask for BDSM recommendations, I am told the same two words all the time: Cherise Sinclair. Curiosity got the best of me and I read an excerpt of this book online. I was instantly hooked and delved right into Club Shadowlands.

This is a novella so I was quite impressed by the story that bloomed between Master Z and Jessica. When Jessica finds herself stuck in her car in the middle of the storm, she seeks shelter in a private club for the night. Unbeknownst to
Jen
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jen by: Kyra Storm
Another book of Cherise's that I couldn't put down!!! So far all her books that I have read I really enjoy and can't put them down!! Once again the "steam factor" is off the charts!
The book starts off with Jessica arriving at Club Shadowlands on a dark and stormy night!! Her car is off the road and she is cold so she ends up there. Master Z (Zachary) is a dom who finds Jessica interesting..She ends up learning about being a sub and sees for the first time different scenarios that go on in the cl
Isabel
Aug 29, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mi bloqueo lector necesitaba algo rápido, sencillo y divertido para desaparecer. Afortunadamente, esto cumplió con la misión. Aunque ahora me siento intrigada por saber más sobre los libros conformando este universo.
 ~V~
Jan 13, 2012 rated it liked it
**3 1/2 stars**

Hhhhmmmm...so at first, i have to admit, i was a little bit nervous to read this since BDSM is most definitely NOT my "thing" but after seeing all of my GR friends' ratings and reviews my interest was piqued and felt that i had to at least give the 1st one a shot.

In the beginning i was STILL having doubts simply because Jessica was stupid, plain and simple!...she enters a house with two strange men...signs a contract even though she hasn't read through it and really has no clue w
Syndi
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a novella. Short but still pack with all that heat. Miss Sinclair done an excellent job to build the climax using her descriptive words. Especially the experience inside the Club Shadowlands.
To anyone who is familiar with Miss Sinclair works, will be very delightful reading. Steamy of course.

To others, please be warned this book has many triggers.

4 stars
Mason Sabre
Aug 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So this is the second book with a BDSM theme that I have read. This one was recommended to me by my own readers. I must say I enjoyed it and pretty much read it in one day. Save for a family disaster, I would have finished it in one day too.

I liked the authors writing style. It was quick and easy to read. Just hitting that balance of right on everything. I liked the two main characters, Jessica and Master Z. I love the bond that grew between them and the way the author got you to feel that is w
Kristen
Club Shadowlands is NOT one of my favorite Cherise Sinclair books, that's for sure. I did like Master Z's character but I never fully warmed up to Jessica's character. I also had a hard time believing Jessica to be a submissive. The heroine remained to obstinate and dubious throughout this book for me to buy into her submissive nature. Not to mention, for someone described as level-head and critical thinking, she sure did some really stupid things.

Club Shadowlands is well written and insightfu
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Jessica Randall is an accountant with several disappointing and unsatisfying relationships in her past. Returning home from a trip to Tampa for a date with a man she'll never see again, her car hits an armadillo in the rain and goes into the ditch. Alone on the dark country road, the only signs of life is a house she passed further down the road. It's a mansion with a formidable giant of a man at the door, who seems reluctant to assist when she asks for help. Returning with the handsome Master Z ...more
Louise H  -  ⭐ Life in the Book Lane Reviews ⭐
Another re-read, though I hadn't reviewed this one on here before so I can narrow it down to 2016. 750+ books on my TBR and I'm doing re-reads. Procrastination seems to be my middle name at the moment.

So, onto my thoughts about the book and all I have to say is "wow" and "swoon" and "I'm just going to my room for 5 minutes". Phew - do NOT read this anywhere other than the comfort of your own home and preferably somewhere with privacy. There are occasions when this book may well elicit one-handed
Debra Johnson
Club Shadowlands by Cherise Sinclair
Genres; Adult, Erotica, Romance
4.5 Stars

Loved it.
Well written. Great flow. Beautiful MC's that are intriguing and keep you interested in the story.
I can't believe it has taken me this long to 'Rediscover' this author.

BDSM the way it should be represented.
Loved the idea of how Jessica 'came upon' the club and meets Master Z.

A fun and delightful BDSM romance. I highly recommend this one to readers of erotica.

More later.....

Master Z has an uncanny ability that I
Sandra
*Note: Review unedited*.

This story is fucked up, my friends. Like, fucked up along the lines of Fifty Shades of Grey.

I brought this book cause it was a freebie. I didn't even read the synopsis. The cover looked hot though so i picked it up, haha. That was a few months ago, so i decided to actually read it and give it a go. It was a really short read i read in a day.

It's about BDSM, and this girl who stumbles upon the club that is all about BDSM sex. She meets the owner, instant 'oh he is hot,
Rebecca
Dec 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fave-fluff
I should point out I am reviewing the series, not this particular book. But it would essentially be the same for all books anyway.

I read these when I don't want to think, when I'm bored and just wanting light entertainment.

They are basically the same thing. Everybody is awesome, what are the chances! Single Sexy Girl stumbles into BDSM club, Perfect Dom of her dreams sees girl and has to have her, turns out it what she needed all her life! Everybody has millions of orgasms, everybody falls in l
Duchess Nicole
All right, I'll begin by saying that while I'm fairly new to the BDSM scene, I thought that I had a fairly good idea as to what to expect. I've never felt uncomfortable with anything that I've read thus far in the erotica/BDSM genre. Seems to me that most of the authors that I've read have been very careful to give the sense of a very distinct line between consent and non-consent. Hence safe words and constant reassurance. I definitely did not get that from this book. I was really uncomfortable ...more
JenMcJ
Vicci
Aug 27, 2009
marlene
Sep 18, 2009 rated it liked it
she whined. she huffed, she puffed, at more than one point she blew the club owner. "i am an accountant i am prim and proper and not into "that bdsm stuff" . *gasp* *outrage* "what do you mean it is fitting i am an accountant???" this chick seemed a little bipolar to me and not just about sex. she threw more tantrums then i could count. "omg there are people out there with different sexual tastes?!" no! gasp! oh the horror! "now tie me up!" more shock and outrage to follow. "oh hey there hot BDS ...more
Jenni J.
Oct 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-f, favorites
Genre & Keywords: Bdsm | Full-figured Heroine
Rating: 5 of 5 stars | Heat level: 3 of 3 flames

This first novel in the Masters of the Shadowlands series tells a very erotic story that’s sweet, scorching, sexy and romantic. The hero of Club Shadowlands, Zachary, is a very kind and perceptive dominant hottie who is just right for the heroine Jessica. She’s never been in a club like his and has never heard of the D/s lifestyle, but she’s curious and aroused by the scenes she sees in the club. Zachary
J.A. Saare
calicheri
Dec 10, 2009
Toni (U.A.C.)
Dec 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Cherise Sinclair is one of my favorite authors. The Masters of the Shadowland Series is hot, hot, hot!
Suzanne Rock
Who's your Favorite 'Master' 164 670 Apr 16, 2017 08:00PM
Who is your favorite sub? 16 108 Apr 11, 2017 09:56AM
Master Z and Jessica 7 176 Mar 16, 2017 12:10AM
Beginners in the BDSM lifestyle 1 22 Jul 29, 2016 01:27PM

• Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1)
  • Just For You, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #1)
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • Doms of Dark Haven (Truckee Wolves #2; Hawkeye #2.5; Mountain Masters & Dark Haven #1.5)
  • With This Collar (Mastered, #1)
  • Masters at Arms & Nobody's Angel (Rescue Me Saga, #0.5-1)
  • Forever Yours, Sir (Doms of Decadence, #2)
  • The Darkest Frost, Vol. 1 (The Darkest Frost, #1)
  • The Men with the Golden Cuffs (Masters and Mercenaries, #2)
  • A Night to Forget (A Night to Forget, #1)
  • Their Virgin Captive (Masters of Ménage, #1)
  • A is for... (BDSM Checklist, #1)
  • Pursued
  • A Table for Three (New York, #1)
  • Submitting to Two Doms (Cowboy Doms, #5)
  • Nobody's Perfect (Rescue Me Saga, #3)
  • Masters at Arms (Rescue Me Saga, #0.5)
  • Nobody's Hero (Rescue Me Saga, #2)
A New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, she’s renowned for writing heart-wrenching romances with laugh-out-loud dialogue, alpha males, and absolutely sizzling sex.

I met my dearheart when vacationing in the Caribbean. Now I won’t say it was love at first sight. Actually since he stood over me, enjoying the view down my swimsuit top, I might have been a tad peeved—as well as attracted. Bu

Masters of the Shadowlands (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dark Citadel (Masters of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Breaking Free (Masters of the Shadowlands, #3)
  • Lean on Me (Masters of the Shadowlands, #4)
  • Make Me, Sir (Masters of the Shadowlands, #5)
  • To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands, #6)
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • If Only (Masters of the Shadowlands, #8)
  • Show Me, Baby (Masters of the Shadowlands #8.5)
  • Servicing the Target (Masters of the Shadowlands, #10)
  • Protecting His Own (Masters of the Shadowlands, #11)

News & Interviews