Start by marking “Ginger Snaps” as Want to Read:
Ginger Snaps

Ginger Snaps

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  4,617 Ratings  ·  197 Reviews
Gone are the days when Ginger was an outsider, always on the fringes of friendship. She's swapped puppy fat and pigtails for make-up and hair straighteners and never looked back - until now. Ginger and Shannon are best mates, but when they befriend lonely Emily, everything changes. Even the saxophone-playing boy in the trilby hat can't help - he's part of the problem . . . ...more
Published March 24th 2009 by Puffin (first published June 26th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Ginger Snaps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ginger Snaps

Caitriona
Jul 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teenage-years
Sometimes I am amazed by what I was reading when I was younger. I was a Jacqueline Wilson superfan from around Year Five onwards, and was regularly reading books about alcoholism, divorce, mental illness, sibling rivalry, bullying and teenage pregnancy. This kind of stuff would depress me very quickly today, but I just seemed to take it in my stride.

When I got a little older, Cathy Cassidy was my next port of call. Believe it or not I had, at a younger age, begun to read 'Indigo Blue' - but coul
Ali
Third best book out of the series really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really real ...more
Sofia
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Gingersnaps, probably because it has such a strong message. It's really helped me. Starting Secondary School, you have to be really careful with who you become friends with. I've found my real friends and we're all so alike we're meant to be friends :) I would read this book because it has really strong messages about friendship.
Anastasia Wolfe (Ramblings Of An Awkward Anastasia)
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
I'm 17 and still read this book like it is the first time I've read it. I have read this book countless times if I need a book to cheer my up or make me feel better this is the book I will always reach for no matter what.

The book is about a girl called Ginger... and yes her hair is Ginger as well. Since she was younger Ginger was bullied for her size, name and hair but that all changes when Ginger move up to Middle school. Through the summer before Middle school Ginger loses weight, gains style,
Ceri
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books
The first Cathy Cassidy book I read was Sundae Girl and I thought it was the best thing ever. It still is pretty good, I have to say. After that, I read all of her books, which I loved but they weren’t quite as good as Sundae Girl. When I read Gingersnaps I was so excited because I haven’t decided if I love it more than Sundae Girl, but it was more in the style of Sundae Girl and I instantly loved it. Only a few months ago I re-read Gingersnaps, so I still think it is a really good book. Mostly ...more
Sidi Bao
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I though this was a great book with a plot you could relate to. The format of writing was easy to read and Cathy Cassidy made the story interesting throughout. Since, it was my third time reading it, I could zone in on all the details! :D
Rebecca McNutt
Ginger Snaps is one of those books that readers can enjoy regardless of what age they are. A story about friendship and what to do when people drift further apart, this book is totally unforgettable.
Lire-une-passion
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"En résumé, voilà encore un roman de l'auteure que j'ai apprécié à sa juste valeur. Toujours des thèmes abordés avec douceur, mais qui font passer des messages importants, avec des personnages qui cessent d'étonner par leur maturité."

Chronique complète: http://lire-une-passion.weebly.com/co...

Title: Ginger Snaps
Author: Cathy Cassidy
Genre: Children's, contemporary
Overall Rating: 4 stars

I used to be a massive fan of Cathy Cassidy as a child, she was the author I had an obsession with after my Jacqueline Wilson stage and before my YA stage. Her books represent that tween era, and revisiting this book made me so nostalgic. Ginger was a typical teenage heroine, she was kind and funny and this book was her way to finding herself and coming of
Bethany
Mar 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star
A realistic novel about growing up, fitting in and learning to be yourself. I think a lot of teenagrs will be able to relate to Ginger and see themselves in her character, i know i did. I absolutely adore this book!! I have read it so many times yet it never gets old. A must read for teenage girls everywhere, Gingersnaps is full of life lessons that will stay with you long after you turn the last page..
Sam
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my favourite book during my childhood. Even though my taste in books have changed drastically since then, I feel as though I can still read this book all over again
and enjoy it almost as much as I did when I was ten years old
Lyndee
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading this at 12 or 13 maybe and thinking the protagonist was practically my twin! A lovely book that i would recommend to any teenage girls Cassidy creates not only characters that are extremely relatable, but also ones that stay with the reader. A lovely, simple story once again.
Maisha Zahir
My rating is 3.5 to be precise.
I could relate to Ginger's past, which was interesting.
I liked the way friendship is described in the book. :)
Bonnie
Mar 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ohmygods, love Ginger Snaps! The characters are funny and fun (especially Sam) heh. I love the setting and how the characters grew in this, especially Ginger.
Richa
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very nice book, I like Ginger Snap, I don't know why she hated her name, it's a beautiful name. Everyone should read this book, this book teaches you the importance of friendship and kindness
Henrietta
Dec 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!
Stef
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sympathique, mais je ne suis vraiment plus du tout la cible de ce genre de lecture !
Zoë
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My definite favourite Cathy book of all time. I think it's because of the tribly's, converse and saxophone thing going on...very me!
Kamilya Basyrova
Эта книга мне понравилась очень и очень. я ее проглотила за вечер пятницы и утро субботы. Про популярность и то, как оставаться собой. Много острых моментов.

Спойлеры.
корица- девочка, которую задирают популярные девчонки и с которой никто не дружит. тут она переходит в колледж, худеет, начинает модно одеваться, начинает дружить с популярно девочкой шэннон. шэннон понравился новенький сэм, а он проявляет внимание к корице.
корица чувствует угрызения совести, что не защищает Сэма от нападков других.
Chloe
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gingersnaps is the perfect book for Tweens. Ginger is such a sweet character who has been the victim of bullying for most of her childhood and so when she starts high school she sets about reinventing herself. Ginger meets Shannon and Ginger leaves her troubled past behind her. However, when Sam Taylor joins the school at the start of Year 8 Ginger is reminded of her past but cant help but fall for San, despite Shannon's wishes. When Emily is put in a position just like Ginger used to be in ever ...more
Den
Oct 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen, 2017
Ginger was bullied at primary school but she had reinvented herself by the time she got to secondary school and became (at least outwardly) a confident person. She see's another girl being ignored and decides to try to help her but then discovers her best friend seems to prefer the new friend and she is hovering on the brink again. Will she be able to win her friend back? Will she lose her new male friend as her friend doesn't like him? Will the party be a success? Will the magazine take off?
Bookeen la rouquine
tout mignon....mais pas le meilleur de l'auteure
Amaarah Mirza
loved it
erica
ginger reinvents herself, or does she? i liked emily better, and loved sam a lot. shows that bullying comes in many forms. I nearly cheered at the ending!
edited to add -- my daughter read and loved it. and this encouraged a discussion regarding bullying within friendship groups.
*another interlibrary loan, yay!
Brenda
amazing
Claire
May 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Un livre sympathique et facile à lire sur les amitiés adolescentes et la difficulté d'être apprécié pour soi-même ! Un thème qui parle à tout le monde !
Eman
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doris Langley
AMAZING
Vaishnavi
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very smooth goin book!!!👍🏻👍🏻
Mybookstore
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am in love with this book
  • My Sister Jodie
  • An Urgent Message of Wowness
  • Six Steps to a Girl (Luke and Eve, #1)
  • Love Ya, Babe
  • Glitter
  • Loving Richard Feynman
  • Divine Freaks
  • Clarice Bean, Don't Look Now (Clarice Bean)
  • Missing Judy
I was born in 1962 in Coventry (scarily ancient, I know). I wrote my first picture book for my little brother when I was eight or nine. I loved making comics, too - pages and pages of picture stories, features and competitions.

I went to Art College in Liverpool, then got a job as fiction editor on the fab and legendary Jackie magazine.

I have worked as agony aunt on Shout magazine and also as an ar
More about Cathy Cassidy...