Start by marking “Full Circle (Castings, #3)” as Want to Read:
Full Circle (Castings, #3)

Full Circle

(Castings #3)

Saker's ghost army is slaughtering those of the new blood, fueled by an ancient wrong. But while he'd thought revenge would be simple, he's now plagued by voices foreshadowing a calamity beyond his comprehension.

Ash and Bramble raise the warrior spirit of Acton, mighty in life and powerful in death. Only he can stop Saker's rampage. But is Acton, Lord of War, murderer or
Published November 12th 2009 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Full Circle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Full Circle

Start your review of Full Circle (Castings, #3)
Rusty's Ghost Engine (also known as.......... Jinky Spring)
Reviews and more

I feel very pleased that I finally got by to finishing this wholly unique and beautifully written series. This book more or less fully lived up to expectation as I really enjoyed reading about the characters and their struggles and also the way the hostility and difference between the old and new bloods was portrayed.

I will still say as I have mentioned before that I really enjoyed the side stories of all the people the characters met
Ravindu Thimantha Gamage
Jul 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing and fitting ending to a series that I enjoyed immensely. This book was full of love, action, sorrow, bravery and hope. It was everything that I could ever expect a perfect book to be. Amazing!
Buffy
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So, I read a lot of book blogs and lists like 'The Top 800 Fantasy Books You Must Read Before You Die' and I've gotta say that I've never seen anything by Pamela Freeman on any of those lists. I'd never even heard of her before. I found The Castings Trilogy by a happy accident at the library one day. They had all 3!!! (When does that ever happen?) So I thought I'd give the first one a try and see how it went. I loved these books so much! And I'm sitting here thinking WHY HAVEN'T I EVER HEARD OF ...more
SBC
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great ending to a great trilogy. Many of the characters came into focus better for me in this book and I really enjoyed the ride to the excellent ending.

I think this trilogy would really appeal to fans of historical fantasy, such as fans of Juliet Marillier. I liked the atmosphere better than many of the Marillier books I've read. While Freeman was also dealing with big themes, tragedies and the potential ending of the world the books didn't have an overarching tone/mood of impending doom like
kelsie
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
10/10 Stars
Madilina
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense emotions of love, anger, hatred and revenge jumped out from every page. #3 did not disappoint. Enjoyed reading EVERY sentence. A fitting ending!
Soho_Black
Dec 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, used-to-own
Pamela Freeman's ''Castings'' trilogy is written in an unusual way for a fantasy novel. It tells the story from the characters points of view, in a style more common to the chick-lit novels of Josie Lloyd and Emlyn Rees. This interrupted the flow of the story quite noticeably in ''Blood Ties'', the first of the trilogy, but didn't seem quite so much of a distraction in the second part, ''Deep Water''. Unfortunately, this time around it works against the story.

Saker's ghostly army is going
Michael
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lighthearted
May 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Saker’s ghost army is sweeping across the Eleven Domains, intent upon killing all of Acton’s people and reclaiming the Domains for those of the “old” blood. Ever the schemer, Thegan manipulates the situation in order to achieve his own goals. All is not lost, however. Bramble and Ash raise a ghost of their own: Acton.

What a fantastic conclusion to the Castings Trilogy! The tension builds as Thegan makes things much much worse, mistreated Travelers join Saker, Bramble and Ash reunite only to
Karen Field
Dec 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Full Circle is a brilliant conclusion to a great story. There were not as many “mini-stories” in this book but as with the other books I totally enjoyed the ones that were included.

The story picks up where the previous one left off and we were guided smoothly to the climax. The story is told from various viewpoints and it was interesting to see how their points of view overlapped and especially how the meaning behind something previously seen from one person’s eyes could change completely when
Kay
Feb 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Overall I really enjoyed the Castings trilogy and the third book in the series. Each book flowed well from one to the other and are very well written. The best part about the books are the character depictions. From the stories of the main characters to the stories of the minor characters they were all interesting and well written. The chapters about the minor characters were an excellent addition to the series. They helped give alternative perspectives to the world and helped me understand why ...more
Ruth
Aug 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
jD
This was an excellent wrap. I am really going to miss these characters. Her writing style of jumping from character to charter perspective did not irk me as much with this one. My only issue was the fact that the characters were not reflective so the reader really needed to remember many details from the first two books. I did not own the other two and had read them a year ago. I really had to let some things go because I did not recall what the back story was like the character of Apple or the ...more
Deborah
Feb 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
wonderful! this series needed a really strong finish, one that could be as surprising but right in terms of plot, and as true to the characters while showing how much they had changed, as the first two books.
the invasions a thousand years ago changed the world for all the people, and the events described in Deep Water and Full Circle change things all over again.
The story of Acton reminds me of the story of King Arthur and the idea that he will return when Britain is in great need (I'm sure
Craig
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Excellent ending to the series. Almost totally plot driven, although still using the multiple-threaded narrative. Still fewer "interludes" with passing characters, which I missed, but one of the most surprising and satisfying (and tearful) series' endings I've experienced. The whole series doesn't quite get 5 stars, but easily makes 4 1/2.
Tammy
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series. I love flawed characters that make some mistakes but are trying to do the best they can. This series has some complex moral issues about taking land and lives for the sake of safety or revenge. No bad language. Sec happens frequently or is mentioned with frequency. Nothing crude or vulgar but it is a repeating topic so I won't let my young teenagers read.
aishuzu
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Jen
Jul 23, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: teenage, fantasy
A disappointing end to this trilogy. The message of all types of people working together is a bit overstated. The Travellers and Acton's people working as one is the main message, with Acton and Bramble getting together through death, and Leof and Sorn also an item.
Amber
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to say the ending was fitting. I very much enjoyed it. I would have loved to have a small epilogue to tell me how the new world order developed and how the characters turned out, but I understand the need to let the imagination take the reader where it may.
Kate Forsyth
Aug 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is the third book in the Castings trilogy by Australian author Pamela Freeman and was a wonderful conclusion to an amazing series. Fresh, surprising, romantic and beautifully written, this is the best fantasy series I've read in a long time.
Tanith
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed all three.
Full circle is the last of the Trilogy bring all characters together in the end.
I liked Bramble, you always want your heroine to be strong- and in this case, fearless as well.

This is a must read book
Catherine
Aug 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Lou
This is the third of the Castings Triology. If you like fantasy adventure then you will like this. I would compare them to the Pullman triology. Great escapism into other worlds plus some great characters. Couldn't put any of them down!
April Sarah
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
This whole trilogy was a wonderful story to get lost in. You truly are transported to another time and place.

This final book was a well though out completion of this story arc. The journey that all the characters went on and grew from was beautify constructed and told.
Teryl
Feb 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
While she does bring all (or most of) the characters together, I think there are just too many for the length of the book. There were definitely a few odd things eg near the end, Cael doesn't fit the situation in my opinion.
Jen
Feb 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I think this was the weakest of the three books but it had a very satisfying ending. The first two books just rush you along with the story so this felt a bit like hitting calm water. Also I felt like I missed something between books two and three. Still some fantastic story weaving.
Jackie
Jan 21, 2017 added it
The last of the three in the Castings Trilogy. The experience of reading it was like another take on Lord of the Rings. The story of course was different but I felt like I was in a similar place and time.
Toks
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
I absolutely hated the ending and the pacing issues got worse. I like the characters, I like the idea of the ending I just didn't at all like how it was executed.
Rachel Toh
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy lovers, those interested in trying something new
Christopher Ball
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this whole series very much. The climax was a bit disjointed, yet still touching in a way.
Megan
I love this series so much. Might do a review... we'll see.

• Holy Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #3)
  • The Wolf's Call (Raven's Blade #1)
  • The Fall of the Governor: Part Two (The Walking Dead #4)
  • The Fall of the Governor: Part One (The Walking Dead #3)
  • Rise of the Governor (The Walking Dead #1)
  • The Road to Woodbury (The Walking Dead #2)
  • The Experience of Insight: A Simple & Direct Guide to Buddhist Meditation (Shambhala Dragon Editions)
  • The Foundations of Buddhism
  • The Revenant
  • The Science of Enlightenment: Teachings and Meditations for Awakening Through Self-Investigation
  • Modern Buddhism: The Path of Compassion and Wisdom, Volume 1: Sutra
  • Reaching Out: Interpersonal Effectiveness and Self-Actualization
  • Against the Stream: A Buddhist Manual for Spiritual Revolutionaries
  • The Complete Poems of Emily Dickinson
  • Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha
  • Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons (Calvin and Hobbes #7)
  • The Postcard Killers
  • Opening the Door of Your Heart: And other Buddhist tales of happiness
Pamela Freeman is an Australian author of books for both adults and children. Most of her work is fantasy but she has also written mystery stories, science fiction, family dramas and non-fiction. Her first adult series, the Castings Trilogy (Blood Ties, Deep Water and Full Circle) is published globally by Orbit books. She is best known in Australia for the junior novel Victor’s Quest and an ...more

Castings (3 books)
  • Blood Ties (Castings, #1)
  • Deep Water (Castings, #2)