Start by marking “The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells” as Want to Read:
The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells

The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells (Element Encyclopedia)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  170 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
"The Element Encyclopedia of 1000 Spells is an authoritative treasure to the trove of spells and rituals rooted in magical and spiritual traditions from all over the world. Featuring centuries-old magic as well as modern rituals to help you improve the quality of everyday life, it includes essential spealls for love, luck, success, enhanced psychic wealth, spiritual peach ...more
Published November 28th 2004 by Harper Element (first published 2004)

sharon baston
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Encyclopedia

Bought this book a while ago never got round to reading it til now as I also bought lots of other witchcraft books wish I'd have read this one first it's very comprehensive all you need to know in one book really interesting book and I can't put it down brilliant value for money
Ayisha
Dec 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I do think that it's not necessarily the best book for a complete beginner, and some of the spells are quite ridiculous and impractical (e.g. putting fish in your vagina and feeding it to your lover- really?!). Someone who does not know how magick works, will take a look at this book and think it's complete nonsense. The key is to ask "why?". Why do I use this herb, and not that? Why does it call for this color? Why during this moon phase? Why do I throw it in a river? ...more
nikki
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2016
this series is a good starter pack. it contains brief information on a lot of different things, and is a good place to do beginner reference and expand further from there. i'm also a sucker for the format and style of the books - they just look good, and i can't help but think of how good they'd look together on my bookshelf. as a bibliophile, i really like this series.

obviously, don't consult these for in-depth research. but, again, they're a good place to start broad, wide-ranging consultation
Christopher
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
Loads of spells to read and add to you collections. Some are a bit naff but others such as the candle spells could really be used to build some energy when wishing. The extra information in the book is interesting giving you a bit of background on where the spell originated from and what it was used for. A good book to have in your collection, if your into this sort of thing that is.
V
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a very detailed guide to spells that has actual spells in it. Now I myself don't believe, but I find it fun to pretend. The detail with which this book has been written really allows the magic to come alive.
Ashmedai
Oct 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Clear away the neo-pagan fluff and there's a halfway decent formulary and traditional Hoodoo. Not 100% authentic nor complete (which is why I'm only giving it 4 stars), but a good basic reference book in a pinch.
Connie Easlick
Apr 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I will be referencing this book for years to come! Spells, how to make them, things to use and in different ways. This has it all!
The only set back is there are no pictures of things such as herbs.
Roberta Maizer
Great book

I have this one in hard copy which is too big to travel with so having this in Kindle works
Michelle
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Another brilliant book in this series!
Very interesting.
Great for reasearch.
Dupsie Oriyomi
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My reference book for all thingsw magical. A must have in every practioners library.
Anna
Aug 12, 2015 added it
Recommends it for: everyone who is wicca
wonderful all her books are good
Belinda
Mar 25, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Magickal Mystical Creatures: Invite Their Powers Into Your Life
  • City Magick: Urban Rituals, Spells, and Shamanism
  • Element Encyclopedia Of Secret Signs And Symbols The Ultimate A Z Guide From Alchemy To The Zodiac
  • Utterly Wicked: Curses, Hexes & Other Unsavory Notions
  • Hedgewitch: Spells, Crafts & Rituals for Natural Magick
  • How To Be A Wicked Witch: Good Spells, Charms, Potions and Notions for Bad Days
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World
  • Cunningham's Book of Shadows: The Path of An American Traditionalist
  • The Wicca Garden: A Modern Witch's Book of Magickal and Enchanted Herbs and Plants
  • Bonewits's Essential Guide to Witchcraft and Wicca
  • Pendulum Magic for Beginners: Power to Achieve All Goals
  • The Real Witches' Year: Spells, Rituals And Meditations For Every Day Of The Year
  • Hedge Witch: A Guide to Solitary Witchcraft
Born in New York City, my metaphysical career began early: My first encounter with tarot cards at age six was also my first experience of love at first sight! That passion still burns true. Although I do practice other forms of divination, tarot remains the foundation of my practice.

A lifelong pursuit of metaphysical wisdom followed and continues: astrology, mythology, Kabbalah, the Egyptian myst
More about Judika Illes...

Element Encyclopedia (10 books)
  • Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures: The Ultimate A-Z of Fantastic Beings from Myth and Magic
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Societies and Hidden History: The Ultimate A-Z of Ancient Mysteries, Lost Civilizations and Forgotten Wisdom
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Vampires
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Witchcraft
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Birthdays
  • The Element Encyclopedia of Ghosts & Hauntings : The Ultimate A-Z of Spirits, Mysteries and the Paranormal
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts

Nonfiction Deals

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99