Start by marking “What's It Like Living Green?: Kids Teaching Kids, By The Way They Live” as Want to Read:
What's It Like Living Green?: Kids Teaching Kids, By The Way They Live

What's It Like Living Green?: Kids Teaching Kids, By The Way They Live

These days, there's a lot of talk about living green, but does anyone actually do it? In What's It Like, Living Green? Kids Teaching Kids, by the Way They Live, you'll learn how other kids live green, along with tips as simple as putting on a sweater rather than turning up the heat. You'll see how kids like you can make a difference. Read about a teenage girl who learned ...more
Published March 10th 2009 by Booksurge Publishing

To ask other readers questions about What's It Like Living Green?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's It Like Living Green?

Start your review of What's It Like Living Green?: Kids Teaching Kids, By The Way They Live
Nan
Apr 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I won this book through First Reads Giveaways. Many great ideas for living green throughout the book. Tells how kids from all over the United States and Canada are changing the way they live by going green.
I am going to loan this wonderful book to Giggling Guest Childcare Centers, to help educate their schoolage children to the joys of Living Green.
Denise Murray
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-reviewed
Sharing valuable environment awareness information to incorporate into lifestyles ranging from beginners with an absence of green to earthy forest green pros and every shade in between. Jill Ammon Vanderwood, a green living grandmother and author shares individual and family accounts of their actions toward reducing, reusing and recycling in What's It Like, Living Green? Kids Teaching Kids, By The Way They Live. The stories of the commendable actions that so many kids are taking to save our ...more
Chrissy
Apr 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I don't recycle as much as I should be doing. We recycle cans, and paper products but after reading this book there are a lot more things and ways that my family can recycle and help out not to clutter up our Earth.

There are 6 parts of this book: What's it like, Living Green? , Recycle, Reduce, Reuse, Responsible for our Earth and Kids teaching kids by the way they live. In the first part there is a 2 page green quiz... I have to say I did pretty well with the quiz but I
Sarah Mckelvy
Apr 29, 2014 rated it liked it
What's It Like, Living Green? Kids Teaching Kids by the Way They Live by Jill Ammon Vanderwood is an excellent beginner's book on reducing our footprint on this earth. It is written for kids to help bring awareness for their responsibility to the earth. There are six sections:
What's it like, living green?
Recycle
Reduce
Reuse
Responsible for our earth
Kids teaching kids by the way they live
About half of the subsections are written by children or teenagers and the other half are written by adults. In
Sarah Gordon-samson
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is a great book for children and adults alike. The stories told by both grown adults and children make it easy to relate to any person looking to live a greener life, whether it's just by using reusable bags when shopping or going fully vegan to preserve the life around us. Really enjoyed reading it!

Knows
Apr 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It is always inspiring to read about kids making a difference for our world. Jill takes the time to collect some wonderful accounts of people around the country doing great things for our planet. Thanks for letting my family be a part of it!
Sara Fitzgerald
Apr 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great educational book.
Julia
Apr 12, 2010 rated it liked it
A nice book to teach kids about green living. See my review on Blue Planet Green Living.

Anna del C. Dye
Oct 28, 2014
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Oct 06, 2015
Jill
Jun 20, 2009 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Terry
Jun 24, 2012
May 27, 2013
Gopi S
Oct 22, 2013
Jill Ammon Vanderwood is the mother of four and grandmother of eight. She lives with her husband Bill in Utah.

Jill is the award winning author of five books for children and young adults. Her latest book, Drugs Make You Un-Smarter is co-authored with her teenage granddaughter, Savanna Peterson. This book is a Mom's Choice winning book.