Start by marking “Pretty Little Liars Box Set (Pretty Little Liars, #1-4)” as Want to Read:
Pretty Little Liars Box Set (Pretty Little Liars, #1-4)

Pretty Little Liars Box Set

(Pretty Little Liars #1-4)

#1 New York Times bestselling series

This paperback box set includes the first four books in Sara Shepard’s #1 New York Times bestselling Pretty Little Liars series, Pretty Little Liars, Flawless, Perfect, and Unbelievable.

Set in ultra-trendy Rosewood, Pennsylvania, Pretty Little Liars centers around four beautiful girls who are hiding some very ugly secrets, and the one
Published October 27th 2009 by HarperTeen

Eryn
Aug 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
I'm a 21 year old, English Lit major who's read Joyce's Ulysses to Milton's Paradise Lost and a million things in between. Yet, the Pretty Little Liars Series blew my mind. I'm not giving them any awards for literary merit or characterization, but the plot is truly unique and captivating until the very end. I was sucked in from the very first page and was eventually screaming "Who's A?!?!"
Sara Shepard definitely has a talent. She clearly put a lot of thought into the course of these novels a
Mandy
Jan 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read these a long time ago but enjoyed them and wished I would have read the others. At this point I would have to completely start over! A fun and interesting series though, especially for teens and young adults. Who knows? Maybe one day I will read them all!
Kat
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ages 14 and above, Mystery readers
Let's just say I have a very fickle relationship with this series. I could be frowning and despising it, then hurriedly getting the next book in a second. For one thing, there are a number of instances when the characters get on the edge of my nerves and irritate me. I'm not referring to the protagonists alone, but even the adults (No doubt with their immaturity, especially in neglecting their children and throwing those occasional trivial tantrums to their own kids).
Yet what made me give it a n
Rinoa Heartilly
Farfetched? Pretty much. Shallow? Kind of. Awesome? Totally.

The reason I gave these books 5 stars is that they sucked me in from the first page on. I learned to love every single one of the "pretty little liars", from sweet Emily over creative Aria and smart Spencer to "it girl" Hanna. Ali grew on me too, even though she was (probably)only in the flashbacks By the end of Pretty Little Liars, I found myself really invested in those characters, their problems and also the mystery of "A", although
svalkyria
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Those books aren't actually the type of books that i read always, so every time i finished one, i didn't really want to read the other one. I founded the last book ( the 4th) a little bit boring in the halfway because nothing so important happened. Then, near the end (SPOILER!!!) when they discover who's A, it becomes interesting again. The story in general is a very thriller. Someone who's always with you, that knows everything you say and everything you think, is really scary and horrible at t ...more
Jzcotter03
Mar 30, 2011 rated it liked it
I actually read books 1-8 but the whole series deserves one review. This is the story of four girls growing up in the affluent town of Rosewood, PA and the search for the truth behind the murder of their fifth best friend. I enjoyed the suspense and mystery involved in the series but didn't feel like all the loose ends were tied together in the end. Perhaps that is why the author is writing more books for the series. I honestly would have been perfectly happy with the ending in book 4 when every ...more
Mariel
Jan 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
These first books were enveloped in secrets, mystery and backstabbing. They were beautiful books, yet the fourth book was the most explosive of all. It was shocking and really open about some of the secrets from the three previous books. Note, I said SOME. Some still remain as mysteries, like who killed Ali? Is Ian truly the killer? What if someone else was coming after these liars. Well, Shepard has one answer to that.

Book 6- who the hell knows, she can stretch the story so far that it's hard t
Mumbojumbo Kumumjo
Jun 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody!!!
Recommended to Mumbojumbo by: Me
Ashley
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved Pretty Little Liars. Although the plot for it is slightly cheesy and childish, the way Sarah Shepard writes the series is surprising.
The books are written very well and they are relateable. They combine everything most teen girls want in a book: mystery, suspense, fantasy, romance, and inseperable friendship. Although the books aren't very good in the beginning, as you keep reading them they start to grow on you. I would suggest reading Pretty Little Liars!
Marisa
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Pretty Little Liars is very good! It's so personal and so dramatic with their lives and the chilling secrets of beyond these four girls to realize. Although some of the language is a bit out there, it's an amazing relaxed-but-on-the-edge-of-your-seat kind of book! I recommend this book to any girl who needs a good mystery in life.
Jessica
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
These are totally trashy high school novels - shallow, meaningless...and totally, completely addictive. I read the entire series in a week. I just couldn't stop myself! I feel a little ashamed and a little hungover - but my inner high schooler feels really happy and satiated. Totally worth it.
Kira
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I watched the series on Netflix before the books because I didn’t know that there were books. The book was great but could have been better. The book could have been written better than it was. It was captivating even though I already know what happens. The book goes into some details that they missed in the show. You should read the books then each the series on Netflix. I am reading flawless right now ( the second book).
Julie
May 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
I read this book series after watching the first 3 or 4 seasons of the show. I got so disappointed, I was expecting the same thrilling as in the show but it never came. The book is definitely made for teenagers and as a 24 year old woman it was just not exciting enough.
Emily
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
the first 4 were the best, the rest of the books were too unbelievable.
Susie Bautista
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun read. The first book was the best, by book 4, I had enough
Stephanie Pettus
May 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Easy reads that didn’t take a lot of thought.
Micah
Aug 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviews
"Never trust a pretty girl with an ugly secret."

Note- this review is more about the series as the whole, instead of these specific books. No spoilers, though!

I'm not quite sure what to say about this series. I mean, I love it and each book is a nice, quick read that has me at the edge of my seat many times. But then, I feel as if this series has gone on for a tad too long, and there's no characters in here that are all that likeable. And yet... When I've spent some time away from this series, I
Hollie Smith
Jul 19, 2012 rated it liked it
I actually read the first four books years ago, but recently a few friends and I decided to listen to the audio books. We listened to about three and a half of the novels and stopped. I seriously cannot stress how terribly written these books are. One thing in particular about the writing style that annoyed me is that a brand name is listed before almost any article of clothing, car, phone, etc. It didn't help that the girl reading the books had the strangest, most annoying inflections in her vo ...more
Agi
Jan 30, 2011 rated it it was ok
so, i watched the tv series first, what's the big deal?

the tv series are compromising, thrilling, make you feel curious in a way you waited crazily only for an episode to pop up. but the books?
i can't say i love the books more than the tv show. bad thing is; the books isn't nearly as good as the tv show--it was filled with boring details, boring storyline, not nearly as much as fun as the tv show was. but indeed; it's still a good reading because i can't put this book off until i finished them.
Carrol
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
I don't know what exactly keeps me reading these books. The chapters jump from character to character, sometimes leading to a bit of confusion for my aging brain. The word choice is simple and does not encourage much introspective thought while reading. And the characters themselves can be anything but lovable.

However...

The storyline! What an expertly woven chain of events showing action and consequence. The intrigue of knowing and then not knowing who "A" is. The incredibly stupid decisions th
lisa_mrb
Dec 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I wanted to start reading this series because my sister was reading it. We love reading the same types of books and so I knew I was going to like it. This series is definitely an easy read, but very interesting from the first page. It grabs you and makes you not want to put the book down. If I wasn't working and going to school while taking care of my two children, I would have finished the first four books in one week or less. I would highly recommend reading this series. Ve ...more
Tori
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Ok, I love this TV series... It's juvenile, shallow and a complete waste of time, but I love it!

The books are quite different from the show, but still have that same addictive quality. I will undoubtedly continue on through the series at some point.

My biggest complaint... Book #1 was NOT for a YA audience. The language was was horrible and the whole focus of the book was sex. Considering that YA readers usually start around 11 or 12, that was crazy. I'm sure that the author (or publisher) rece
مريم فريد
Feb 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is The one and only book series that I will always recommend people to read
it's a MUST MUST MUST!!
you know how you read books and reach a point where you just can't close it until you get to the end, well this is just like that but you will start turning from the first page and won't stop until you are done with the 8th part!!
if there is a book to read , it's this one!
start with the first part and I bet you won't stop till the whole series is over!
Highly addicted!
Yvonne
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the television series and decided to give the books a try. I love how each chapter is from a different perspective and how the plot is laid out to suck you right in. As the books continue, they get more and more complex and intriguing. They can be a little cheesy at times and frustrating when they don't let you in on "all the details right away" but that is part of the reason why you continue to read on because you want to gather all of the facts. I couldn't wait to pick up the next set!
Bethany Glenn etheridge
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This series follows a privileged group of teenagers through their days at Rosewood day. Each girl has their secrets, each dealing with a difficult problem. This book by having so many characters, deals with nearly every major issue teen girls have. The books jump around alot, often having you as the reader, realizing plot points before the characters. Interesting series, things were slightly more serious that I had planned for series written for young girls. The book opens with one girl missing, ...more
Madeleine S.
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Pretty Little Liars books are my favorite book series!! The author uses really descriptive language that keeps the reader hanging on to very sentence. I love the plot because its always changing, but the author makes it easy to keep track of. All of the characters are very well developed and relatable. I love reading these books because they're so interesting and so hard to put down! I'd give it six stars if I could.
Nai
Feb 15, 2011 rated it liked it
I actually only red three out of the-- what, seven?-- book series, but I never lost interest in the characters. I continued to follow the intriguing tale of Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily in the ABC Family TV series. Like most TV series based off book series, the show took some pretty daring twists and turns of its own, branching off in different directions. I love both the depth of the TV series and the ever-darkening truth of the books. This series is a MUST READ!!
Anne Glania
Jan 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
So, I watched the tv series first... bad idea.

The tv series are compromising, thrilling, make you feel curious in a way you waited crazily only for an episode to pop up, but the books?
Bad thing is; the books isn't nearly as good as the tv show. It was filled with boring details, boring storyline, not nearly as much as fun as the tv show was...
Rihanna Nadeem
Jan 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
( Even though this is only 1-4, im just gonna speak for the series overall ) Overall, it was a fun and witty with some suspense. It was a fun read, and ill admit, the ending got a bit carried away with imagination of the series, but you know, it was interesting, funny, suspenseful, and really good :)
Stacey Avis
Jan 03, 2011 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I love this series! 2 3 Dec 28, 2011 10:14PM

• Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • Sarah Dessen Gift Set
  • The Clique Set (The Clique, #1-8)
  • Rosewood Confidential: The Unofficial Companion to Pretty Little Liars
  • A Private Collection (Private, #1-4)
  • Justin Bieber: The Unauthorized Biography
  • Gallagher Girls Boxed Set (Gallagher Girls, #1-3)
  • Uglies, The Collector's Set (Uglies, #1-4)
  • Love the One You're With (Gossip Girl: The Carlyles, #4)
  • Broken Angel (Caitlyn Brown, #1)
  • Devil May Ride (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #2)
  • Puzzle Pieces
  • Spike vs. Dracula
  • Spike, Volume 1: Alone Together Now
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Blue Bloods 3-Book Boxed Set (Blue Bloods, #1-3)
  • Wrong in All the Right Ways
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She has lived in New York City, Brooklyn, Tucson, Arizona, Philadelphia, and now lives in Pittsburgh, PA. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
“That's immortality my darlings" Spencer said.” 130 likes