Start by marking “The Big Green Book of Beginner Books” as Want to Read:
The Big Green Book of Beginner Books

The Big Green Book of Beginner Books

4.34  ·  Rating details ·  288 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
What could make a better present than a Beginner Book written by Dr. Seuss? Six of them—for less than the price of two! We’ve taken the complete text and art of Great Day for Up! (illustrated by Quentin Blake); I Am Not Going to Get Up Today! (illustrated by James Stevenson); I Wish That I Had Duck Feet (illustrated by T. Tobey); Maybe You Should Fly a Jet! Maybe You Shoul ...more
Published August 11th 2009 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1997)

Austin Wright
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My friend Kevin is reading a list of best children's books. I am following suite in order to discuss the books with him. By default, I give the books four-stars because they're good at what they're intended to do, which is to keep the attention of children and introduce them to literature.

This compilation is 5-stars...essential for beginning reading. :)
Thebruce1314
Feb 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
A great collection for the price (on sale at Target for $10 this week). Though not all of the stories are the greatest Seuss works, there is a lot of scope for the imagination here. Wacky Wednesday uses the illustrations to tell part of the story, and Maybe You Should Fly a Jet explores career options, with the message that you can do anything, as long as you do something.
Maddison Askew
Dr. Seuss had all great beginner books. They keep students interested and motivated to keep reading. With great illustration and funny rhyming words students learn to broaden their vocabulary and learn to love reading.
Natalie Pietro
My favorite thing about this book had to be finding out James Stevenson did the illustrstions for "I am NOT Going to Get up Today!" Hes one of my favorite authors from when I was a young girl. All in all a good collection to introduce your child to the wacky world of Dr. Seuss.
Michael
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: the-kids-books
Some good, some so-so kids books from the fringes of the Dr. Seuss bibliography. Wacky Wednesday is probably the highlight - it gets the kids involved in fun and counting.
Leanne
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm loving this book right now!
Tuscania
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love the collections of Dr.Seuss, we also own the Big Blue book. I'm always looking out to see if there are any more Big books.
Ryan
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Read all the stories by myself
Darlene
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dr-seuss
Love Dr Seiss books. A very nice collection of six books that we adore.
B
Jan 07, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's Dr. Seuss! What more can you say? Inspirational, appropriate and fun for any age.
Abbey
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the best reader
Erin
Jul 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was our first time reading some of these stories by Dr. Seuss. Me and my kids (4 and 5) laughed our way through it!
Noah Stott
Sep 30, 2010 rated it liked it
I read it in first grade.
Stacey
Kierstan Schwab
Nov 24, 2015
Damien Cowger
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dr. Seuss books are SO much longer than you think / they should be.
Ellen
Aug 06, 2016
michelle hendricks
Mar 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The BIG Red Book of Beginner Books
  • Monsters, Inc (Disney's Wonderful World Of Reading)
  • Where Is Home, Little Pip?
  • Stella, Queen of the Snow (Stella and Sam)
  • Tell Me Something Happy Before I Go to Sleep
  • Fancy Nancy: Every Day Is Earth Day
  • A Porcupine in a Pine Tree: A Canadian 12 Days of Christmas
  • Biscuit Storybook Collection
  • Elmo Says Achoo! (Sesame Street)
  • Alphabet Rescue
  • Little Pookie
  • Curious George Visits a Toy Store (Curious George New Adventures)
  • Happy Baby Colors