Start by marking “Hit the Ground Running: A Manual for New Leaders” as Want to Read:
Hit the Ground Running: A Manual for New Leaders

Hit the Ground Running: A Manual for New Leaders

3.83  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Want to compete with the best of the best? Then hit the ground running. Here?s how.

The toughest job in business is taking over as a new leader. You have to quickly assess the situation, pull together a strong team, decide on a strategy, and inspire everyone to execute it.

The stakes for new leaders are even higher. Whether you?ve been brought on to fix something that?s b
Published March 19th 2009 by Portfolio (first published March 18th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hit the Ground Running, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hit the Ground Running

Jonard
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
BOOK REVIEW
HIT THE GROUND RUNNING: MANUAL FOR NEW LEADERS
Jason Jennings

THE LAWYER RARELY ASK THE DANGEROUS QUESTION WHY. In a dog-eat-dog world of the courtroom, the best lawyers have to be brutally honest about what they know and what they don't know; as if asking the simple question W-H-Y, aloud, inside the courtroom was a double-edged sword.

Why I loved reading this book was simply because it agreed in everything I believe thus far. Transparency, fairness, not following the easy money, The Gol
Brett
Apr 06, 2011 rated it liked it
I'm a little schizophrenic about this book. In order to accommodate my mental incapacity with regard to this book, I will review it in two parts, Everything except the bit about Mike McCallister and the bit with Mike McCallister.

Everything except the the bit about Mike McCallister
Very interesting and insightful. Some great advice for the new manager and unexpected insight. I say unexpected because in interviewing successful CEO's Jennings finds that many commonly held axioms of business manageme
Iwaswondering
Jun 08, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: entrepreneurs
Recommended to Iwaswondering by: Seth Godin
Shelves: business
This book is a Q&A with the "most successful CEOs of our day." Jennings discusses what made their histories, what made them successful and what ideas, methods, and beliefs they feel contributed to their success.

This is an excellent book for readers who want to learn from the experience of others.
Lavanya
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book, I read when I took up the role of Branch Manager. I personally have used very strategy in each chapter and it works like a T everytime. Infact I even got awarded Best manager in my company. Every company is dealt with in detail, clearly emphasising on the essential. Lovely read. I still gift this to every down line junior manager i meet.
Nathan Langford
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
There was nothing secret ninths book. It was refreshing to read about leaders of large companies that were principle based in their business practices. Good guys finish the race that makes them winners and by their actions make the world a better place.
Effendy Yahaya
Mar 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Passion, integrity with good background reference and intelligent drives personal to become a leader.
Michelle Monroe Rowan
Sep 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
As far as business books go, this is great. Saw him speak last month and decided to pick it up. In line with how I want to conduct business and lead.
Alberto Lopez
Jun 26, 2016 rated it liked it
An interesting starter book about managerial traits.
Randolph Breschini
Jun 03, 2015
Ellen Resnick
Jul 10, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Jason Jennings (b. May 31, 1956, Negaunee, Michigan) is the author of the 2001 Harper Collins NY Times bestseller, It's Not The big That Eat The Small - It's The Fast That Eat The Slow, and his subsequent business bestsellers for Penguin Putnam , Less Is More (2004) and Think Big-Act Small (2006).

He began his career as a broadcast journalist and later owned radio stations in Oklahoma, Washington a
More about Jason Jennings...