Start by marking “Stage Fright (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #4)” as Want to Read:
Stage Fright (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #4)

Stage Fright (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls #4)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  1,699 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
Allie Finkle is back - with a whole new set of rules!
Mrs. Hunter's fourth grade class is putting on a play! But Allie's theatrical hopes are crushed when she doesn't get cast as the princess -- the part that she wanted! Instead, Allie is cast as the evil queen. But as opening night approaches, Allie learns it's not the size of the part, it's the size of the heart that rea
Published September 1st 2009 by Scholastic Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Stage Fright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stage Fright

Robin J.
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I am currently reading the book, Stage Fright By; Meg Cabot. In this book there is a girl named Allie and it is going to be open house in her class in a few days. So Allie’s class is going to put on a play called Princess Penelope and realm of recycling. I remember the first time that I did a play I was so excited that I almost forgot my lines. Sofia, Erica, Kevin (Allie’s little brother) and Allie are walking home from school and Erica starts talking about their play, Allie has her mind set to ...more
Jan
Dec 05, 2009 rated it liked it
In this fourth volume of Allie's rules, there are fewer new rules. It is the time of year for class presentations, and Allie's class is going to put on a play, "Princess Penelope in the Realm of Recycling." Of course, Cheyenne wants to play Princess Penelope, but so do all the other girls in the class!

There are great and entertaining scenes with Allie and her best friend competing for the Princess role, but there is also an overload of ridiculous green characters -- compact fluorescent bulb fair
Brittany
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Originally posted on Beauty and the Bean Boots

Lights, camera… action! Allie Finkle takes the stage in the fourth book of the Rules for Girls series.

In Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls: Stage Fright, Meg Cabot’s middle grade heroine auditions for a role in her class play about recycling. Every girl in the class covets the main role, Princess Penelope, who wanders through the recycling forest while hiding from the evil queen. Much to Allie’s dismay, Mrs. Hunter casts her as the evil queen.

Last read,
Runa
Jan 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing

Stage Fright comes out strong, setting a very powerful and perfect tone to a great story. This series really is great for fans of Barbara Park's snarky Junie B. Jones. It's the same brand of humor, and fans who may have outgrown Junie and are looking for something new to read will definitely find the same type of honest outlook on the world from Allie. Cabot is really good at keeping up with current pop culture and putting in age appropriate references, which would make the books all the more ap
Tracy
Sep 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Cute book. My daughter, who is Allie's age exactly, enjoyed it, as did I, although my daughter's opinion was that the play sounded a bit silly, and she could not imagine her classmates being excited to put it on. I think Uncle Jay should get his degree in child psychology. He always knows what to say to Allie to help her figure things out herself.

One little thing bothers me about these books: Allie's mom is a chair of a department at the college, and now she's taken on a second job as a movie re
Shoshi
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was the first book of Meg Cabot and now I like her as an author because she is very descriptive and funny. In this book, Allie Finkle really wants to get the main part in the class musical, Princess Penelope and the Realm of Recycling, that her favourite and pretty teacher, Ms Hunter wrote, but her best friends don't know, so they encourage Allie's friend Sophie to audition for Princess Penelope. But Allie will do anything to make sure the new mean girl Cheyyene doesn't get the main part.
Go
Oh Yeah Mr Krabs
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I actually liked the part where Allie was assigned the part as the villain, because the villains have to be played by really good actors, to make the drama better. Of course, Cheyenne throws a fit and begs for the princess part. While Sophia, one of Allie's friends, gets a little bit arrogant over the fact that she is the main character. But I think that the best part about this book is that no matter how much Cheyenne whines, she has to be the part she was assigned to.
Oumiie
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Allie is soo into her PENELOPE PRINCESS, that she forgets about everyone's feelings! She broke her friendhsip with sophie!, because she didn't care of sophie's feelings she rather cared of her ways, and her feelings! But after the auditions, Allie got the part of EVIL QUEEEN, and was soo depressed and sophie was Penelope Princess! But then she found out found out that the EVIL QUEEN, was an excellent PART!!:)
Cache'
Feb 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: drama
All the fourth grade girls want to be Princess Penelope but only one girl can. A girl who is from Canada thinks she should be the princess because she has always be the lead star in every play she has been in. Allie, her friend Sophie, and Cheyenne(the girl from Canada) are trying to win to play Princess Penelope.
Julia
Oct 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Have you ever wanted to be the star of the show? Allie Finkle wants the same. Mrs.Hunters class is doing the relam of recycling play and allie wants to be the star princess Penople but when her plan but when that dosen't hapen will Allie execpt her character the evil queen. FYI: READ THE THE ALLIE FINKLE SERIES IN ORDER.
Madeleine
Sep 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I don't think I even have to say: THIS BOOK IS AWESOME! another allie finkle book that rocks. Meg cabot is a really good writer. In this book Allie is going to put on a play with her class that her teacher wrote.
Emily
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!! It had a very good story line, and was full of suspense!!! I thought this was the best book in the series so far!!! I couldn't stop reading it, you just wanted to find out what happend! I would reccommend this book for ages 9 and up and I guess it could be for all genders.
Morgan
Sep 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Im on pg 69 now i dont know how to change the page # but who cares I started yesterday and im on pg. 67!! This is a really good book so far :)
Kennedy
May 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It's amazing! I think it was my favorite i the series! I do acting so it really helped to not have stage fright!
Mandi
Mar 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!!!! So good. I loved every minute.
Jennifer Kelley
Sep 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing
good book
Mansuda
Oct 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I read this book a long time ago but got back to the series recently. I'm way too old for it but i dont care i love it.
Lauren
Nov 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i was really good i like it but i'ts mean that her bff says she hates Allie.
Julianne Handy
Nov 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I love how the author makes it feel like your right there!
Rachel
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
great book!
Cecelia
Jan 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book a lot.It was about Allie's open house at school. Her class put on a play called Princess Penelope in the Realm of Recycling. Allie played Princess Penelope's evil stepmother.
Lindsay
Jan 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This was better than the 3rd!
Dulce
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
liked this book its a little dramatic
Brooke
May 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Allie Finkle she is amazing
Rachel
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Great for girls.
Justine
Jan 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really, really, love this awesome book!
Meg
Feb 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this book has many good lessons. one of them is nothing is impossible when you put your mind to it. nothing at all. another is there are no small parts, only small actors.
Ally Bolin
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE the Allie Finkle books. I have read every single one and wish there were many more!
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
this one is my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Hannah
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the best book I've ever read. AMAZING
Meg Cabot Fan Club: Allie Finkle's Rules for Girl - Stage Fright 1 4 Oct 31, 2013 01:43PM
  • Solving Zoe
  • Rumor Has It (Candy Apple #22)
  • Ten Ways To Make My Sister Disappear
  • Starting with Alice (Alice Prequels #1)
  • Eggs over Evie
  • No Girls Allowed (Dogs Okay) (Secrets of a Lab Rat, #1)
  • Piper Reed: Navy Brat (Piper Reed #1)
  • Oggie Cooder, Party Animal
  • Sunny Holiday (Sunny Holiday, #1)
  • Word After Word After Word
  • Rule of Three
  • Ellie McDoodle: New Kid in School
  • Thirteen Plus One (The Winnie Years, #5)
  • Elvis  Olive
  • Welcome to Camden Falls (Main Street, #1)
  • Allergic to Dead Bodies, Funerals, and Other Fatal Circumstances (Alvin Ho, #4)
  • The Dog Days of Charlotte Hayes
  • Winter Games (Camp Confidential, #12)

More about Meg Cabot

Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls (6 books)
  • Moving Day (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #1)
  • The New Girl (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #2)
  • Best Friends and Drama Queens (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #3)
  • Glitter Girls and the Great Fake-Out (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #5)
  • Blast from the Past (Allie Finkle's Rules for Girls, #6)

Fiction Deals

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand