Start by marking “Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)

Hush, Hush

(Hush, Hush #1)

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  527,427 ratings  ·  23,808 reviews
A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.
Hardcover, First Edition, 391 pages
Published October 13th 2009 by Simon & Schuster BFYR

To ask other readers questions about Hush, Hush, please sign up.
Rosie I looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooovvvvvvee allllllll of the Hush Hush books!!!! <3
Jade
(I copied and pasted this from a website and... now im depressed but... ur welcome.)

UPDATE (July 8, 2014)

Hi guys,…more

UPDATE (July 8, 2014)

Hi guys,

I want to take a moment to thank each of you for your amazing support for the Hush, Hush movie. Your love and passion for this project are humbling! With that said, I have some movie news to share. Unfortunately it may not be the news you've been waiting to hear. I have decided that now is not the right time to move forward with the Hush, Hush movie and have not renewed the movie option with LD Entertainment. I know many of you will be disappointed by this. But I hope that you trust me to make the right decision for Nora and Patch. I'm not saying the movie will never happen, but it won’t be moving forward at this time.

Thanks again,
Becca(less)

·  527,427 ratings  ·  23,808 reviews

Misty
NOW WITH SPOILERY RANT @ BOTTOM!

Hush, Hush is the story of Nora Grey, an average high school student going about her business as usual -- until her Biology teacher rearranges the class seating and places her next to the dangerous-looking new kid, Patch Cipriano.  Nora gets a weird feeling from Patch, and things just keep going from bad to worse as Nora becomes convinced that she is being stalked, and may even be the target of murderous intentions.  Add to the list Nora's strange feelings about/>Hush,
Kat Kennedy
How I Would Have Ended It

*This post was inspired by the fantastic videos over at www.howitshouldhaveended.com. Italicized text is the original publicized text from the book and is entirely the work of Becca Fitzpatrick.

This rendition is entirely satire. It is not meant to offend and I mean no discourtesy. I recognize that authors put a lot of time and work into their novels and I am not trying to disrespect that. Writing a novel is hard work and is something I have never done and I certainly don’t th
Hannah
Mar 04, 2010 rated it did not like it
About three things I was absolutely positive:

First, that Hush, Hush was, without a doubt, one of the worst Twilight rip-offs I've ever had the misfortune to read.

Second, there was a part of me -- and I didn't realize how dominant that part actually was -- that insisted on reading Hush, Hush to the bitter end in the hope it would redeem itself.

And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably wrong in that decision.
Nataliya
Apr 22, 2012 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Not to sane human beings

I read this ON A DARE (a double-dog one, if you must know). And now I want to look it in the eye and ask - REALLY, BOOK? REALLY? Because it doesn't just cross the line into the uncomfortably creepy territory - it takes a cosmic leap over it.

Hush, Hush may have the dubious distinction of being the worst book I've ever read. (I assumed it's a book since that's what you'd call a bunch of printed and bound pages,class="gr-hostedUserImg">
Hush,
Marie
description

*UHHUM* WHY IS IT THAT ALL I SEE ARE NEGATIVE REVIEWS OF THIS BOOK? REALLY? REALLY? ARE WE EVEN READING THE SAME HUSH HUSH?

I fell in love with Patch INSTANTLY I mean what's not to love?
I also love Nora- She is such a refreshing and intriguing heroine. Her and Patch suit each other perfectly. They bounce off each other and really made me laugh with their witty and sarcy sense of humour! They bicker like hell and it's so much fun to read.
I loved the twist in the end, it turned everything I thought was going
Becca
Jun 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Let's see. My review/What I learned from this book:

Well, I learned that it was a lot of fun to write! Enjoy the fall, all!
Megan
Dec 04, 2009 rated it did not like it
Top Ten Irrational Points in hush, hush

Nora’s sex ed class begins with the teacher stating, “Human reproduction…requires mature handling. And like all science, the best approach is to learn by sleuthing. For the rest of the class, practice this technique by finding out as much as you can about your new (seating assignment) partner. Tomorrow, bring your write-up of your discoveries, and believe me, I’m going to check for authenticity…I want to see real interaction and teamwork.” This is a biology class! Teachin
Nick

____________________________________________
“Keep in mind that people change, but the past doesn't.”

☆☆☆☆4 HUSHY STARS!☆☆☆☆

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

Okay so before reading this, I heard a lot of mixed feelings about this series. Some loved it, some liked it and some hated it. Now before I start my review I want to say that even that I heard a lot of things I was not spoiledblog!
Okayclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
“Keep

“Keep in mind that people change, but the past doesn't.”

☆☆☆☆4 HUSHY STARS!☆☆☆☆

You can find the full review and more about this book on my blog!

Okay so before reading this, I heard a lot of mixed feelings about this series. Some loved it, some liked it and some hated it. Now before I start my review I want to say that even that I heard a lot of things I was not spoiled or didn't even know anything about the plot or story so it was a fresh new start for me.

“You smell good, too,” said Patch

It’s called a shower.” I was staring straight ahead. When he didn’t answer, I turned sideways. “Soap. Shampoo. Hot water.”

Naked. I know the drill.”

description

I have read this book in 2 days. I can't say I didn't like it. Yeah I know it has some mistakes or nonsense things but it was good. It was similar to Twilight, and if you know me you would know that I truly hate that series, but it was a good similar, a better one. For me at least. Also the book cover is one of the best covers ever. It's so creative and the colors are perfectly collided.

____________________________________________
“Say 'provoking' again. Your mouth looks provocative when you do.”

description

This book reminded me old horror movies, and I am a huge fan of old scary movies. I can't say that it was unique. The story was quite predicted, like I could tell what will happen but for me it was a fun read and I seriously think that this book would have been better if it didn't have angels at all.

____________________________________________
“You're a guardian angel now." I was still too much in awe to wrap my mind around it, but at the same time I felt amazement, curiosity...happiness.

"I'm your guardian angel," he said.

"I get my very own guardian angel? What, exactly, is your job description?"

"Guard your body." His smile tipped higher. "I take my job seriously, which means I'm going to need to get acquainted with the subject matter on a personal level.”

description

I can't say the plot was rich. It was random, but good random and I did like the background of scenes, like BO Arcade is such a cool place and I had a pretty awesome picture of it in my mind. Also the school scene at the end was hilarious, like the gym and classes. And the farmhouse was quite creepy, it reminded me the ring movie and I don't know why, maybe the fog, but it was cool and well thought.

____________________________________________
“All this time I've hated myself for it. I thought I'd given it up for nothing. But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you.”

description

The beginning was good, also the middle but the ending was great. My favorite scene was the light out school scene. It reminded me a scene from 'Teen Wolf' the TV series. It was greatly described and that was the only moment I didn't know what was going to happen, even though it ended fast.

____________________________________________
“Cheshvan starts tonight," Rixon said, "What are you doing arsing around in a graveyard?"

"Thinking."

"Thinking?"

"A process by which I use my brain to make a rational decision.”

description

The writing style is not bad but it is not great either. I was simple like a lot of novels out there. The characters are also good but not the ones you remember for long. And I found some of them really annoying.

description

The story follows a girl called Nora who lives a normal life with her mom and her bestfriend Vee. One day the Couch decides to change their seats for a project and she gets to sit with Patch, a boy who rarely talked. At the first words they exchanged she felt something new inside her. She couldn't stand him because of his arrogance but also couldn't deny the feelings. Also things started to happen, new things, new people, new troubles in her life. She felt the need to learn more, more about Patch, but was she ready to know?

____________________________________________
“Before I forget, here's your homework. Where do you want me to put it?"
She pointed at the trash can. "Right there would be fine.”

The characters:

Nora

description

Am I the only one who thinks Nora is not that smart? I actually think she is kind of un-wise, I mean who goes in the middle of the night to ask a boy she rarely know some personal questions for a school project. Also the scene with the old lady, I cant think worst ways she could have acted in that situation.'

Patch

description

I don't know what to say about Patch, he is just like every other main male character out there.

Vee

I found Vee really annoying. She was also stupid, maybe stupider. And maybe that's why they are friends:)

____________________________________________
“The problem with human attraction is not knowing if it will be returned.”

description

I recommend this book if you are into creepy paranormal romance. It doesn't have role model or give a positive message but it is a fun read, especially for this time of year. I enjoyed it:)

*Pictures from the review are not mine, I took them mostly from Google images or Tumblr*
Tatiana
Nov 05, 2009 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: those who think abusive guys are attractive and enjoy TSTL/doormat heroines
Recommended to Tatiana by: Heather
This book is simply appalling.

I won't lie, my expectations going in about this book were pretty low. But even so, "Hush, Hush" managed to disappoint me.

First, there are many similarities with "Twilight" - you have a regular average girl here, absent parents, a love affair with a dangerous supernatural boyfriend, a final showdown with a villain of his own kind. The mythology, while somewhat unusual (I haven't read anything about fallen angels in YA so far), is paper thin. The charact
Lissa
Sep 25, 2011 added it
Shelves: 2011
Read this. Don't argue: just do it:
"If you don’t like me, I’ll force myself on you until you do. We see this all the time and it’s even romanticized. Everything from romance novels to sitcoms we see women who aren’t interested in a man and we see those men determined to catch her. To pursue her, to convince her that she’ll like me eventually. If I try hard enough, if I harass her long enough... she’s sure to cave in eventually. She can’t say no. And if she does I’ll just assume it’s code for “try harder."

Before you
Holly
5+++ Stars

Even though this book has been lumped into the YA category, it definitely felt more like an adult-minded para romance to me.

I love a good vampire story as much as the next para-junkie, but I have to say I now have a major weakness for fallen angels as well.

While I can understand some people making comparisons between this book and Twilight (dark, brooding hero, and a heroine who, against her better judgment, can't keep herself from being drawn into the hero's m
~Poppy~
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you can't feel, why did you kiss me?"
Patch traced a finger along my collarbone, then headed south stopping at my heart. I felt it pounding through my skin. "Because I feel it here, in my heart."

“Hang on, did you just call me Angel ?” I asked.
“If I did?”
“I don’t like it.”

He grinned. “It stays. Angel.”

“All"Because“If
jessica
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what do you get when you cross a wannabe twilight-esque story with a main character radiating noah shaw vibes? a shockingly entertained jessica, thats what. swap out the vampires for fallen angels and add a brooding, kinda creepy and definitely weird love interest and thats basically ‘hush, hush’ in a nutshell. trust me, no one is more surprised than me at how much i didnt hate this.

in general, this was a super quick read. the writing is very straightforward, the chapters are short, and the plot pac
Kogiopsis
I have forty eight sticky notes.
Well, forty nine, I suppose, since I use the little white backing thing too. They're quite nice sticky notes, designed not to be written on but as bookmarks; at some year in the past they magically appeared in my Christmas stocking, and I haven't really used them since. I suspect there were originally fifty, so I've used two elsewhere.
Anyhow. Forty nine sticky notes was what I started with when I commenced reading Hush, Hush a little after 9 AM on Augu
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
Abusive, creepy, controlling men that everyone finds irresistible? No thank you.

I don't care if he's an angel - he could work in a fucking soup kitchen 50 hours a week and he'd still be an asshole - Patch was a disgusting 'love interest'. If you could even call him a love interest. He takes advantage of her body and her mind, but it's okay, he's dreeeeamy.

I'm so tired of unhealthy relationships being portrayed as normal and o
Frankie Lovely
Nov 27, 2016 rated it did not like it
1 star

Well .... I guess I can say I've done that now ... *tosses book in the trash*

I was recommended this book by one of my best friends who, before now, I thought had great taste in books. I am now questioning our friendship (kidding, kidding).

I really thought I was going to love this book. It had so many ingredients that I like. Hot boys, Dark hero, romance, danger. Turns out it also had about a bazillion of the ingredients I don't like. Predictability, instalove,
The Burning Rose (Jess)
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5/5 stars.
I read this book when I was 16. I loved it a lot back at the time, but I never finished it because I couldn't get the third and final book. A few weeks ago I got them from a thrift store and decided to re-read it.
I didn't remember the plot of the book, only the fact that it's about fallen angels and the simple fact that I loved this book so much.
To be honest, I was skeptical about this book. My taste has changed over the years, and I didn't know if I would love it l
Kate
Jun 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Twilight fans, The Demon's Lexicon fans, Shiver fans, Mortal Instruments fans
Oh My God OMG OMG OMG! Just finished Hush Hush one minute ago. I freaking LOVE this book!!!!!!! Fave book of the year!

Edit: Here's a more err professional review.

After reading the first two chapters on the Simon & Schuster website, I knew I would love this book. And sure enough, I did. It's not like this topic hasn't been done before, forbidden romance. However Becca has written a novel with the same idea but the writing is exceptional. Reading Hush Hush was like ridi
Sana
my eyes are crying out in pain because they had to suffer through 35 pages of this cringe filled garbage.

yes, i dnfed at page 35, i don't hate myself enough to continue reading on.

on page 20(?), after meeting our "love interest" for O N E D A Y, Nora feels an irresistible connection to him akdhskj fuck off, good night.

also, Patch is a fucking creep. have a nice day.
 Tina (Fantastic Book Review)
So after reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick something unexpected happened. This is my story:
*************************
Leaving my house around 6:25pm, I headed out the door and I thought, just my luck on one of the most important days of my life, it’s raining cats and dogs.

I hopped into my car and raced to my appointment in hopes of not being late. I finally arrived at the building with 3 minutes to spare. I jumped out my car without grabbing an umbrella and jogged to
Kristi
Apr 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-arc
Three words; hot, mysterious, heavenly

Hush, Hush is one of those addicting reads. There is something about it, you can't quite place your finger on it, but all you know is that you need more, right now!

Most surprising for me was liking Nora. Usually I can't stand her type of character. But for some reason she reminded me of my sister! Completely book smart, but doesn't have the common sense that god gave a goose. (Yes, Lace, I'm talking about you!) Patch on the other hand
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
“If I'd wanted you dead five minutes ago, you'd have died five minutes ago.”

It’s been about a year since I read this, so I’m not even going to try to give it a full review. I just really want it off of my “RTC” shelf, so I’m going to sum this up in a few points:

1. I hate this writing. I hate it so much. The narrative voice is everything I don’t miss about late 2000s YA fantasy.

2. Nora is a tremendously boring, unenjoyable protagonist. I remember nothing about her at all except how bored
Katie(babs)
Oct 22, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gag-worthy-book
When I first heard about Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, I was both intrigued and wary. The reason I was wary was because Hush, Hush is very comparable to Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series. Now if an author can ride on Meyer’s coattails and have an original idea and really make it shine, I’m all for that. But in the case of Hush, Hush I’m afraid to say that Becca has not only ridden on Meyer’s coattails, but hopped on her back and took every single thing from Twilight and placed it in Hush, Hus ...more
Jeff
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rock hard abs, tall, lean, this is Patch Cipriano.
This might sound like a hot advertisement for underwear or perfume, but ladies and gents, this is the man. That's right, in the flesh.

May I also note the simple and average teenager, Nora? At least, that's what she was until she met Patch.:)
Yes, this story will definitely gives you the feels, especially between Patch and Nora. *Evil Grin*
But of course, you'll definitely be experiencing more than Patch's hands.
Hmmm. Let's see. With the mysterious murder of Nora'sGrin*
But
Thomas
Nov 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
*Important update, 8/13/2011: I read this book a year and a half ago and gave it five stars. Like Evermore, I don't feel like rereading the book to assign it a rating more akin to my current tastes. If I did I would probably give it three or four stars. You can read my review from a long time ago below, though I would recommend reading other more cultivated reviews...

Nora Gray is the typical over-achieving high school girl in the sense that she aims to go Yale, has a best friend, and has a somewhat dysfunctional*Important
Sophia Triad
“If you’re an angel, where are your wings?”

When you start the book, you will realize that it quite similar to Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. Only this time there are no vampires or aliens. This time the girl deals with angels.

The premises and the characters are similar in these three series (Lux, Twilight and Hush Hush). A small town where everyone knows everyone. The local school. A girl with no many friends and with a single parent who is
Laurel
Oct 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Masochists
Recommended to Laurel by: My curiosity
1.5 Stars

The half is there for the sole reason that Hush, Hush did not irk me as much as Halo did. I’m a little confused by that but whatevs.

Wow.
Just wow.
No, this is not a good wow.
This is a “Holy shit, you really did that didn’t you? I can’t fucking believe that” kind of wow.
A wow that just destroys my very soul and forces me to wonder WHY someone could possibly like a book such as this. But don’t worry, I have an explanation as to why someone could enjoy these honey bunches of pages because I too was feeling the tug that Fitzpatrick waswhatevs.
Just
Tani
Jun 29, 2018 rated it did not like it
RATINGS: 1 STAR

Another book with a jerk as a hero and Mary Sue as a heroine with pathetic secondary characters and story. A twisted up version of Twilight which makes Twilight look better ( no offence Twilight fans, but I'm tired of this sh#t). I just want to forget that I ever read this book.
Maria Elmvang
Nov 07, 2008 rated it it was ok
I'm having a hard time deciding exactly what I think about this book. On one hand I read it in under 12 hours, so it definitely caught my attention, but on the other hand it almost repulsed me, because the "hero" was so unpleasant. It's obviously aimed at teenage girls, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable letting a (hypothetical) daughter of mine read it until she was quite a bit older, precisely because the hero throughout the most of the book is threatening and manipulative.

The b
Tahera
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nephilims
"All my powers were stripped, and I was this weak, pathetic thing. I wasn't human. I was fallen. I'd realised I'd given it all up, just like that. All this time I've hated myself for it. I thought I'd given it up for nothing... But if I hadn't fallen, I wouldn't have met you."

I have to say, the author did come up with a perfect title for this book. I still haven't exactly figured out where the story is going and what the end game of the series will be... it's still all quite 'hush, hush'...

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Speak
  • Desires of the Dead (The Body Finder, #2)
  • Bloodrose (Nightshade #3; Nightshade World #6)
  • Black Halo (Grace, #3)
  • Firelight (Firelight, #1)
  • Original Sin (Personal Demons, #2)
  • Deadly Little Lies (Touch, #2)
  • Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3)
  • Hades (Halo, #2)
  • Blood Feud (Drake Chronicles, #2)
  • Immortal City (Immortal City, #1)
  • The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, #3)
  • Lord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5)
  • Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1)
  • Ceaseless (Existence Trilogy, #3)
  • The Haunted (The Hollow, #2)
  • Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
Becca Fitzpatrick grew up reading Nancy Drew and Trixie Belden with a flashlight under the covers. She graduated college with a degree in health, which she promptly abandoned for storytelling. When not writing, she's most likely prowling sale racks for reject shoes, running, or watching crime dramas on TV. She is the author of the bestselling HUSH, HUSH Saga. Her new book BLACK ICE arrives in book ...more

Hush, Hush (4 books)
  • Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)
  • Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)
  • Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)
“You smell good, too,” said Patch

Naked. I know the drill.”
4969 likes