Start by marking “The Fourth Queen (The Empyrical Tales, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Fourth Queen (The Empyrical Tales, #1)

The Fourth Queen

(The Empyrical Tales #1)

In the fairytale kingdom of Empyrean, time has moved on. The princesses of once upon a time, like Snow White and Cinderella, have grown old and become great queens. Now, their kingdom is in danger. A Forgotten Evil has returned. In a small village by the sea, two sisters, Zandria and Olena, begin a dangerous journey for Zandria to claim her birthright as a queen. Along the ...more
Published December 1st 2008 by Comfort Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Fourth Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fourth Queen

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenJane Eyre by Charlotte BrontëCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsLittle Women by Louisa May Alcott
Girl Power Books
873 books — 961 voters
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussThe Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
Best Fantasy World
1,182 books — 1,459 voters

More lists with this book...

Valentina
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
In this wonderful story, for children and adults alike, we are introduced to a captivating set of characters and a unique kingdom called Empyrean.
The story is crafted carefully, with lots of suspense and build-up of different storylines, creating a web of plots that must have taken careful planning to achieve. There are enough surprises along the way, like unicorns and tigers, to keep even the most jaded of readers captivated and turning the pages.
The characters are all very amusing, from the t
Giovanni Gelati
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing

Mark Miller was nice enough to guest post here on Gelati’s Scoop many moons ago. I have been lucky enough to be invited to a Goodreads event Mark has going on at a Great Wolf Resort, here is the link for that: http://www.goodreads.com/event/show/1...
Let’s get right into the action shall we:
“In the fairytale kingdom of Empyrean, time has moved on. The princesses of once upon a time, like Snow White and Cinderella, have grown old and become great queens. Now, their kingdom is in danger. A Forgott
Janet Beasley
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I discovered author Mark Miller at an author showcase I knew immediately I wanted to read his books. His personality and willingness to talk to his fans, both established and new, was so appreciated. My eyes popped with sparkling excitement when he handed me my very own autographed copy. I'm a fan of "fairy tale" fantasy regardless of the age for which the novels are written, and I'm a sucker for autographs and handshakes.

The Fourth Queen brings you into the story from the first line. You a
Carolyn Seiver
Sep 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Every once in a while you read a book that makes you sit back in your chair when you are finished reading and grin. The 1st book in Mark Miller's Empyrical Tales, The Fourth Queen did that to me. In fact, I grinned most of the way through it.

Mark Miller gives us a piece of literary art with his completely wonderous and fresh take on the whole fairy tale idea. Written for his children, this book was as entertaining, lively and engrossing, for me, an adult, as it would be for a child.

The Fourth Q
Mark Miller
Aug 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
When the fairytale kingdom of Empyrean suddenly finds itself threatened by the return of a long-forgotten evil, it’s up to the sister team of Zandria and Olena to come to its rescue. Determined to save her beloved kingdom, Zandria is forced to undergo a series of increasingly difficult challenges in her quest to claim her birthright as queen - knowing full well that if she falters, not only will she
leave Empyrean in peril, but she may also lose her sister forever...

Imaginatively well crafted,
Joanne Garland
Mar 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I found this book in a little bookstore here in Eustis Florida....I love "Fairy Tales" and this one just continues where they left off when I was child. Having fun with it. It seems to be an easy read.
Lisa
Jun 22, 2012 marked it as to-read
"I will read this book because of Goodreads First Reads."

"I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads:
The Secret Queen (The Empyrical Tales #3)"
Julie Powell
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given this book to review and found it to be well-written, its roots within fairytales that rekindle well-known characters.

It was an interesting take on what could happen in the lives of these characters, alongside new, equally fairytale-like ones. It is a fantasy that is recognisable in its plot, but that familiarity gives a feeling of coming home - fantasy fans should enjoy it.

The world-building painted atmosphere and the characters sat well within it.

Overall, a good read.

• Pride and Pyramids
  • Sleeping Beauty's Daughters
  • Meridian, Vol. 1: Flying Solo
  • Jasmyn
  • I've Got the One-More-Washload Blues (For Better or For Worse, #1)
  • Song to Wake to (Levels, # 1)
  • The Glass Maker's Daughter (The Cassaforte Chronicles, #1)
  • Also Known as Rowan Pohi
  • The Mapmaker and the Ghost
  • Aphrodite's Blessings: Love Stories from the Greek Myths
  • Child of Saturn (The Green Lion Trilogy, Book 1)
  • The Keys To The Kingdom Collection: Mister Monday, Grim Tuesday, Drowned Wednesday, Sir Thursday, Lady Friday, Superior Saturday, Lord Sunday
  • The Seventh Princess
  • Letters from Rapunzel
  • Dragons of Wendal (Dragons of Wendal, #1)
Originally from Kansas, Mark has lived in Florida since 2006. He has achieved some success as a Kindle Best Seller and having one of his short stories selected as a winner in the Florida Writer's Association Short Story Collection.

Growing up in Kansas, Mark graduated from Sumner Academy of Arts and Sciences and received his Bachelor's in Film from the University of Kansas.

Mark has written numero

The Empyrical Tales (3 books)
  • The Lost Queen (The Empyrical Tales, #2)
  • The Secret Queen (The Empyrical Tales, #3)
“There is nothing left but the attempt and not trying is the same as failing.” 16 likes