Start by marking “Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #8)” as Want to Read:
Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #8)

Pleasure of a Dark Prince

(Immortals After Dark #8)

4.41  ·  Rating details ·  37,928 ratings  ·  1,190 reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole enraptures again with this seductive tale of a fierce werewolf prince who will stop at nothing to protect the lovely archer he covets from afar.

A DANGEROUS BEAUTY...

Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her -- and those she loves.

AN UNCONTROLLABLE NEED...

Mass Market Paperback, 431 pages
Published February 16th 2010 by Pocket Books (first published January 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Pleasure of a Dark Prince, please sign up.
Katherine Yes, though he doesn't really make an appearance until closer to the end.
Katherine
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  37,928 ratings  ·  1,190 reviews

Start your review of Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #8)
Sophia Triad
Garreth MacRieve(Lykae) & Lucia (half Valkyrie/half unknown species)

Okay, I think Lykae are my favourite immortals in this series.
After “A Hunger Like No Other” which was my favourite book with Lachlain MacRieve (leader of the Lykae Clan) as the main character, my second best book is this one with Lachain’s brother, Garreth MacRieve, as the main character.

The book has basically two parts:
The first part has the events of “A Hunger Like No Other” from a different prespective and it
P
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“She’d been born for him. And I was born to find her…”

Pleasure of a Dark Prince gave me the same feelings and vibes as if I was reading A Hunger Like No Other again. I loved Garreth, he's Lachlain's brother and on a mission to claim his mate. The incidents he's thrown into is very much like his brother's. Lucia the Huntress never gives up so easily when it comes to her life, so she fights the temptation pulling her to him strongly, no matter how hard it gets.

“Fate has a way of getting what
Auntee
Mar 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series--this was a hot one!
I...loved...this...book! It was a fabulous thrill ride from the start all the way to the harrowing, grisly climax, and contained my favorite IAD hero (sorry, Sebastian), the Prince of the Lykae, Garreth MacRieve. Ahhh MacRieve... Scot... Wolf (all names that the heroine, Lucia the Huntress called him), I totally fell for your Scottish charm, your dogged determination, and your devotion to your lass, "Lousha". Your humor, your sexy brogue, your singlemindedness to claim your mate...you definitely ...more
Exina
"Lass, I'm about to make you a widow--"

Kresley Cole is more and more merciless – with her characters and with her readers as well. So much blood, so much tension, pain, and death.

The first 16 chapters parallel the storyline of A Hunger Like No Other. The book starts with Lucia and Garreth’s first encounter, when Garreth realizes that Lucia is his mate, and ends when Lucia runs away from him, and Garreth vows he is going to have her back in two weeks.

We meet them one year later. Garreth
Alex is The Romance Fox
Let me begin by saying that Pleasures of a Demon King, Kresley Cole’s 7th book of the Immortals after Dark series has to be one of my FAVOURITE PNR reads!!!!! After reading some of the books I am absolutely amazed at her ability to take me to a Each story is original, a magical world filled with characters that I want to have as friends and be part of their lives!!!! Females who are beautiful, strong, with different talents and who are there with their men and not some damsel in distress. ...more
Sammy Loves Books
"You're my woman, Lousha. Damn you, I'll never want another!"

Can I just say that I LOVED Garreth MacRieve!! He embodies everything that I love in an Werewolf Alpha.

description

Garreth was patient, kind, and strong as sin. I was in awe by what he was physically capable of. Garreth was also hell bent on protecting his woman at any cost. And did I say he was patient? These two didn't seal the deal until after page 300 and over a year (book time) of chase.

description

"You've
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I deliberately took a long hiatus on this series. Not because I didn’t love it, or that I was bored. No! Quite the contrary. I did it because it was doggone heartbreaking to run out of books after Kiss of a Demon King. Now, I have accumulated a nicely sizable stock of IAD stories, and I am good to go, if having to avoid spoilers like the plague doesn’t put a bit of a crimp in my style.

The Story:
It was quite fun to see besotted Lykae, Garreth MacRieve chasing after his reluctant (for the most
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: paranormal romance fans, fans of werewolves
Dear Sebastian,
You know I’m a vampire girl at heart, but I’ve been pleasured by a Dark Prince and now I can’t look back! A Scot has won over my heart and I’d be damned if I let him run off!

Sorry, love.

Pleasure of a Dark Prince is the ninth book in the IAD series. I have to stress the importance of reading the series in order. I made that mistake earlier on when I read the third book first! I’m totally kicking myself for being so foolish. Again, Cole writes Pleasure of a Dark Prince in parallel
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
Spoilers

Yummy Sexy Lykae Check
Kick ass Female Check
Awesome Story Check
Steamy Lovemakin Check and Check........
 photo damn_good_stuff_sir_zpsbaee9d2f.gif

photo lucia1_zps205372a4.jpg

For real what is not to like about Garreth so hott, sweet chasing her for a year and still he protects her, forgives her of her crap and even gets her a gift that he know she will love when she is running from him and hurting him to keep him from following her. He is fun and truly wants to make her happy. loved him so much !

“You've maddened me
Kristen
4 to 41/2 stars

My goodness! This book took me on an emotional roller-coaster ride like none of the other books in the series have. Right from the start, Pleasures of a Dark Prince had me experiencing an array of emotions–from sorrow, to exasperation, to trepidation, to elation. I was exhausted by the end.

Once again, I found myself captivated and in awe of the amazingly complex story arc, but flustered and annoyed with the book's romance. In all honesty, I continue reading this series not for the
~IreneOust~
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Another winner! Not to sound like a broken record but Kresley Cole is one of my ultimate favorite authors and this series is my new addiction. Onto the next book ... Cheers!
Stacia (the 2010 club)

Waitress : Weren't you just here last night?

Me : (indignant) No. It's been a few nights!

Waitress : Hmmm...I could've sworn...never mind. You must have a doppleganger.

Me : Let's cut the niceties. I already know what I want.

Waitress : (amused) Let me guess. Worship fantasy? Ten men with fans and grapes?

Me : No. When have I ever? *pause* Oh wait. I forgot about that night last year after quitting...never mind. That's neither here nor there. I'm leaving tomorrow for the Amazon. I'd like to order a
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Nov 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, audio-2015
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

After listening to this installment, I now realize why the last few titles have made me cranky. It’s because I’ve been waiting for Garreth’s story since book 1, and the delay finally caught up with me. This series came highly recommended on account of its “sexy Scottish werewolves”, but they’ve been mostly MIA since WICKED DEEDS ON A WINTER’S NIGHT, so the younger MacRieve’s romance was long overdue. All is right with the world again.

In PLEASURE OF A DARK PRINCE readers
Somia
3.5 Solid Stars

In this book we get the tale of we get the story of Lucia the Huntress, a Valkyrie whose aim with a bow and arrow would make Robin Hood weep in envy, and Garreth MacRieve, the Lykae Prince – who has spent hundreds of years yearning for his fated mate. The pairing of these two was spot on, and they are an enjoyable coupe. I loved how Garreth was never deterred from protecting but also caring for Lucia - the barriers she's put in place to protect herself after loosing her innocence
Ezinwanyi
Mar 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ezinwanyi by: Rachel~goodbye Borders
I LOVED IT. What an awesome audiobook! Robert Petkoff was on it again!

Sometimes the timeline with this series throw me off, but the events of this book coincided with A Hunger Like No Other. This one was a lykae lead, not demon nor vampire.
My two favorite books featured Lykae, Bowen & Garreth.

In this book Garreth was playing rugby with other supernatural creatures when he scented Lucia, his female. The one had been searching all over for. He quickly followed her scent until he was able to
Sara Kate
Loved this story, was throughly engaged the whole time. I loved the banter and growth you see in Lucia and Garreth. The story itself is 4 stars but the narrator made it 5 stars total. He was excellent and nailed all the different voices for the characters. Especially when he spoke in his Garreth voice... that brogue did stuff to me for sure! Loved it.
Eastofoz
Nov 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: IAD fans
Shelves: paranormal
Finally Cole puts out something decent again in her IAD series! It’s been a while and for me anyway the last few stories have been mediocre at best. If you like heroes with accents –and she did a fabulous job with Bowen and Cade’s stories— then you’ll love Garreth. You can’t hear his sexy Scottish brogue as much as you could Bowen’s I thought but she still does an excellent job and very few authors manage to do that well.

So there are two great main characters: Lucia the world’s best archer
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
4 All for Garreth stars

"Nothing good ever came easy..."

Well Garreth hon, be prepared because Lucia is determined to make it as hard as it can get.

I like this book, just as I like most of KC's books but there was something about Lucia that rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't hate her but she did irritate me a lot at times. She protested too much, resisted too much. I like heroines who go after what they want(like most of the other Valkyries do) and Lucia saw what she wanted and ran the other way.
Mamacita Slacum
OMG

Wolfy is my Favorite!!!
AJ
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC! I loved it!

Book number 9 in the Immortals After Dark series is full of all of the action, humour, romance, and sexy times; and general paranormal badassery that I love about these books.

This time, it’s shifter Garreth MacRieve and Valkyrie, Lucia the Huntress. The timing of this book takes us way back to the beginning of the series, with Garreth stepping in for his missing brother as King of the lycae. He is in New Orleans when he sees Lucia for the first time and his
Elizabeth
I had hard time finishing this book. I took a break for awhile. I just came back to finish it in a very short time. I must say this book quite plain. It bored to me to dead with amazon adventure. Do you think the evil god is too easy to kill? Never mind. lol
Jane Stewart
Feb 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not good. Not fun. All the conflict is based on the heroine keeping secrets from the hero which she doesn’t need to keep.

STORY BRIEF:
The Valkyrie Lucia was captured by the evil demon Crom. She escaped but was near death. The goddess Skathi brought her back to life and gave her great archery skills. Lucia was told she must never have sex or she would lose these skills. Crom has been imprisoned but is about to break free. If he does, he will cause an apocalypse. Crom controls people’s minds. Lucia
Mel
Oct 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr
Pleasure of a Dark Prince is the 9th in the Immortal After Darker series and – at the risk of sounding repetitive- Kresley Cole does not disappoint. The book was another fun and engaging read and a great addition to an already great series.

This time we see werewolf Garreth MacRieve and Valkyrie Lucia the Archer slowly but surely fall in love. Actually, the ‘slowly and surely’ part more goes for Lucia. Cause Garreth is in love the very moment he spots Lucia. She is his mate, he knows it, he feels
Bree
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Lucia the Huntress

This series is a lot of fun. There are no love triangles and no cheating. Not that I've read, so far.
Garreth. Oh my goodness!! Lykae Prince. Super hot! Not only are they immortal, but they are extremely good-looking. Lucky! He is my favorite Lykae so far. Nothing gets him down. He is a sweetie. He did have one breaking point, but that didn't last long.
Lucia. Huntress. I actually liked her. Usually, the heroines in this series are pretty
Theresa
5 Electric Stars.... This is absolutely one of my favorite books in the series... focusing on the Dark Lykae Prince, Garreth MacRieve, and his Valkyrie mate "The Archer", Lucia, as they traverse the dangerous and mystical Amazon seeking a diemort (god killer) in order to avoid a pending apocalypse... a powerful storyline, off the charts chemistry, action packed sequences, and a stunning backdrop culminate to bring forth an enticing and captivating story that I could not put down... the MacRieve ...more
Stacie
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Reread Review August 14, 2017

5 "My Mate" Stars!

Still love it! Lousha and Garreth are so special. I mostly listened to this one. The narrator is great! Always a wolf girl. Happy reading!

Original Review May 26, 2013

Another great addition to the IAD series. This one was a little more horror than romance for me but the two MC are great. Garrett reminded me why I will forever and always be a wolf girl. I may like some of the other species males but werewolves have my heart. They are so determined.
Erica Ravenclaw
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I liked this one a lot, in fact it may be one of my favorites!
Angela
June 2019 Reread:
I remember, even after all these years, how disappointed I was when I heard that this book was going to be about Garreth and Lucia. The reason I remember is because when I finished an all-night read, I had to admit that I was wrong. Garreth and Lucia quickly became some of my favorites.

Lucia is the Archer. Her skill is unparalleled. Gifted to her by a goddess, with conditions, of course. She often thinks of herself in only these terms. But that's quickly tested when she happens
Zeek
Almost from the moment he spies her on the sidelines of the bone crushing rugby match he's participating in, Garreth MacRieve- prince and soon to be King of the Lykae (that's werewolves to you and me)- knew the luscious, blond Lucia was meant for him. Lucia, Valkyrie and best dang archer the Lore has ever seen, is not so sure. Oh she feels the pull too, she just can't allow it.

Garreth will not let her go, however, for he knows she's his destiny and though she escapes him this time, he knows he
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Sweetly Devoted!

Wonderful world to step into on my day off. MCS and SCs that feel like they actually are alive. And, I am amazed that this writer makes ALL of her characters so vivid, they all simply coming off the page's so crystal clear that it often feels like I could simply touch them.

“Have you ever fought an opponent you had no defense against? Like a fire breather or an acid spitter?"

• Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1)
  • The Darkest Surrender  (Lords of the Underworld #8)
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica #4)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Desire Unchained (Demonica #2)
  • Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1, Demonica, #6)
  • The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld #1)
  • The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld #7)
  • Passion Unleashed (Demonica #3)
  • Immortal Rider  (Lords of Deliverance, #2; Demonica, #7)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • Rogue Rider  (Lords of Deliverance #4; Demonica #9)
  • Playing Easy to Get (B.A.D. Agency #1.5; Vikings Underground #3; Immortals After Dark #1)
  • The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9)
  • The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld #5)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD

Immortals After Dark (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #2)
  • Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3)
  • Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #4)
  • Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #5)
  • Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #6)
  • Untouchable (Immortals After Dark, #7)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #9)
  • Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #10)
  • Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #11)
"Once I faced a female with diamond skin," Nix said breathlessly. "I was transfixed - even as she was choking the life out of me."
"Really?"
"No, I saw that character on X-Men. I just wanted to commiserate. Alas, I have no weaknesses.”
621 likes
“Wolfy, is it? And what do you know about my turning?"
"I asked around when I figured out I was your... mate."
He stood, crossing to her. "Well, let's hear it."
"Basically, you'll lose your mind, turning animalistic, hunting me down until you claim me repeatedly, biting my neck and marking me as your possession. Nothing will stop you- no cage can hold you. Did I miss anything?
"Aye, Lousha." His gaze raked over her and his voice deepened. "The fact that you're going to like it.”
217 likes