Start by marking “Operation Motherland (The Afterblight Chronicles, #6)” as Want to Read:
Operation Motherland (The Afterblight Chronicles, #6)

Operation Motherland

(The Afterblight Chronicles #6)

Lee Kegan travels to Iraq on the trail of his missing father, only to find himself caught between desperate rebels and a general who wants to strap him into an electric chair. In England, Jane Crowther, one time matron matron of St. Mark's School for Boys, attracts the wrong kind of attention and has to fight to protect her new school from unlikely enemies. And in a bunker ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published July 17th 2009 by Abaddon Books

To ask other readers questions about Operation Motherland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Operation Motherland

Start your review of Operation Motherland (The Afterblight Chronicles, #6)
C.J. Mugleston
Wasn't quite as good as the first. Still good, though.
Grw
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Before we get into the review of this book, let's do a bit of background into the Afterblight Chronicles which are a series of books, mostly written by different authors set in different places, with different characters, all of which takes place in a world where everyone who isn't blood group 'o' has died.

Reading them in order, is both interesting for the different styles of the writers, but also somewhat pointless as for the most part they don't interact with each other, yet there are several
Ceejay
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Scott Andrews has written another superb novel in the Afterblight Series. It has been a long time since I've been excited about an author's work. Mr. Andrews is a true wordsmith!
Shannon
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the Trilogy of School's Out Forever, Operation Motherland is part II (although, in the entire series, it is #6). Operation Motherland begins with Lee Keegan arriving in Basra Iraq in a small Piper airplane that he stole back in England and has managed to fly to Iraq - stopping for fuel along the way. Unfortunately, he is shot out of the sky by a ground force. He is captured and threatened with beheading. Fortunately, he says his name and tells his captors that he only wants to find his father ...more
John
Mar 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Grim and unleavened by the humor that lightened up the first book, Operation Motherland still reflects Scott K. Andrews' skill in weaving tense and never-boring post-apolyptic thrillers. Here the novelist offers a new conceit: alternating viewpoints. Jane, the matron Lee crushed on in Book One, provides counterpoint to the mayhem surrounding the series' main protagonist.

The story begins with Lee's ill-fated efforts to pilot a plane. After a crash landing in Basra, Iraq, Lee attempts to rescue h
Keith
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
With so many different writers contributing to The Afterblight Chronicles you don't get a lot of recurring characters (if any) so it's nice to see Scott K. Andrews doing a straight sequel to the very enjoyable School's Out. The series doesn't aim for anything fancy, it's pulpy action movie thrills this is a pretty good instalment. Didn't blow my mind or linger after I put it down but given I read it in only a couple of sittings it must have been doing something right.
nks
I am surprising myself with the speed at which I am reading this series and just how much I am enjoying them. I had assumed they would be on the borderline of my tolerance to pulp, but they are just smart enough to keep me here and, perhaps even more importantly, highly character driven. So amidst all the shooting and head injuries and murder, I've found a reason to give a shit.
Julie
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of those books I can't put down
Brad T.
Jan 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: prepper-fiction, 2013
As an American I have problems seeing us as the bad guys. Realizing this is a British author I understand the pov though. Action packed from beginning to end. Good read.
Helena Sheibler
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book suffers from disappointing "middle of the series" syndrome. That said it is still very much a worthwhile read.
Purple Osprey

Jul 11, 2014
Amy
Jan 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Scott K. Andrews has written episode guides, magazine articles, film and book reviews, comics, computer games, audio plays for Big Finish, far too many blogs, some poems you will never read, and a whole bunch of novels. He's online at www.scottkandrews.com.

The Afterblight Chronicles (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • The Culled (The Afterblight Chronicles, #1)
  • Kill or Cure (The Afterblight Chronicles, #2)
  • School's Out (The Afterblight Chronicles, #3)
  • Dawn Over Doomsday (The Afterblight Chronicles, #4)
  • Arrowhead (The Afterblight Chronicles, #5)
  • Death Got No Mercy (The Afterblight Chronicles, #7)
  • Broken Arrow (The Afterblight Chronicles, #8)
  • Children's Crusade (The Afterblight Chronicles, #9)
  • Arrowland (The Afterblight Chronicles, #10)
  • Blood Ocean (The Afterblight Chronicles, #11)