Start by marking “Drawn Together” as Want to Read:
Drawn Together

Drawn Together

Rory might just be a simple southern boy from St. Antoine's Parish Louisiana, but he knows what he wants. He's been in love with the girl of his dreams, reclusive and mysterious artist Ran Yamane, since junior high school. And now he has the chance to meet her. He's going to chuck everything and travel 1,500 miles to Anime Expo in Long Beach to tell her, and no one and not ...more
Published March 10th 2009 by Loose. Id

To ask other readers questions about Drawn Together, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drawn Together

Start your review of Drawn Together
Shin Mon Thway
Warning:  This book is way darker than the blurb mentioned. It has past mentions of animal abuse, extreme torture and a freak psycho. If any of this are a trigger for you, skip this one. 😌

OMG! 😱 The blurb didn’t do the book any justice. What a fantastic fantastic read! 😍 I really loved it. ❤️ And it was so much more than the blurb said, way darker, way more extreme and way sexier than I thought it would be. Needless to say, just the way I like my books. 😉

Rory is in love with a girl and he’s su
DarienMoya
July 2018

The book is amazing and the audio is just as amazing!! I’ll never stop loving this book ♥️ ♥️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
March 26/2018

5 ⭐️ s forever.....

After all these many years I still love this book. Drawn Together was my very first M/M romance and I happened to find it by chance. I was reading Yaoi for years and fanfic but it never dawned on me that there might actually be actual novels featuring two men together, as an avid reader it never even crossed my mind.

I believe I was on
Jilly
Jun 09, 2020 rated it liked it
I kinda relate to this book because it's all fun and games on the outside but there's some dark shit inside that pops up here and there that could really freak you out. Maybe like a surprising little spiciness that you find inside of a delicious treat. No, not bi-polar or bat-shit crazy. Spicy. Yeah.

Okay, so the fun and games part is this Cajun guy, Rory, takes a cross-country road trip to meet his dream girl: a Japanese artist of his favorite manga. Her artwork calls to Rory on a deep level and
Daisiemae
I loved Rory and Yamane's characters. Loved them together. Yamane takes place as one of my all time favorite heroes. He was such an interesting and sexy character.
Plus, I absolutely love this cover!

I would rate it higher than 5 stars if I could.
JenMcJ
Mar 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
After my first impressions of the beginning of this book, this is a surprise hit. I have really enjoyed all of ZA Maxfield's books so far, especially Crossing Borders and was hoping for the same humor that was missing from St. Nacho's and The Long Way Home...I had high expectations for this one.

Why a surprise? The first several chapters outline the trip out west for Rory to see his idol Yamane and frankly, he comes off as a an obsessed psycho stalker. Worse, the author shoves him into a beat up
Heather C
Mar 04, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: louisiana, m-m, ebook
Finally! I finished this book!

I hate to admit this, but I really didn't enjoy it at all. I liked Rory the most. He was always the Hero and trying to protect and save everyone. I did not like Ran Yamane! Not even a little bit! I hate his needy, whoring ways and do not think he deserved Rory in the end. He did not redeem himself in my eyes. All the characters seemed unrealistic with their actions and dialogue. When I want unrealistic I typically go for the paranormal/fantasy type books. Not this.

I
Bookwatcher
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I appreciated the suspense and adore Rory and Yamane love story... Is more than good... This book is perfect...

Just finish it, and I'm not ashamed to say I have tears in my eyes.

And at the same time read this book give so much happiness I just want to share it with you, the reader of my review...

If you have this book in your to-read shelf do it... I regret the time I take deciding if I should or no read it.
My advice is: grab this book reading only 10 pages and tell me if you will not already b
Anna (Bananas)
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites, bisexual
This book made me grin like a maniac. I enjoyed it so much. It's funny and sweet and sexy and romantic and too much fun not to give five gushing stars. The characters won me over quickly and I adored every minute of their crazy love story.
Dante Love Fisher
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a total OFY, which isn't a trope I would go out of my way to read, but I tend to be drawn to books with artist again and again, and this was a pleasant surprise.

Ran Yamane is a splendid character, and Rory, who admittedly I took a little while to warm up to was interesting. I liked that he surpassed my expectations as a character, just as he surpassed Ran Yamane's expectations as well.

Oh, and I love psycho stalkers!
BWT (Belen)
Belens Audio Book Review

Drawn Together was one of the first M/M books I read. I have really fond memories of this story and when I found out it was being re-released as an audiobook...well, I was happier than a pig in mud. Then I found out Greg Tremblay, performing under his steamier "Greg Boudreaux" moniker, was going to narrate and my excitement knew no bounds.

excited

I absolutely loved the narration! Greg does not disappoint with his wonderful southern drawl for Rory, Yamane's lighter tones, the pure creepiness of Amelia, a
Eugenia
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance, own
Wanted: Complete Suspension of Disbelief

...if you fit this profile, then by all means pick up this incredible tale. Incredible because it holds little credit in reality.

I can take the insta-GFY, insta-friendship, insta-love in this story. What I can't take is an incredulous plot centering around a crazed stalker who is attacking and trying to murder the MCs. Most would think, wow, restraining order, police, FBI. But that's reality talking. Here, the MCs just run away. The police they encounter
Jaime
Sep 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-reads
There is a reason romance gurus say once the hero links up with his love interest, whether they seal the deal right away or not, they shouldn't stray. It a huge risk to let your hero sleep with someone other than his hero. You risk alienating your reader and making your hero, well, less heroic and therefore, less likeable. So imagine my shock when Yamane does this dirty deed. Granted this character is a rather self absorbed, high maintenance kind of guy, and Rory, with his down to earth souther ...more
Venus Maneater
Feb 13, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: smut, mm, did-not-finish
Gonna be honest with you: the only reason I bought this book is because Ran Yamane's design reminded me of Duo Maxwell , who I had the BIGGEST crush on back when Gundam Wing was kinda new and reading gay fanfiction still made me blush.
So I saw the cover, saw something being mentioned about gay and erotic and adult, and there is NO WAY that could disappoint me, right?

WRONG :((

I HATE RORY! Goddamn I was ready to throw my phone across the room when I read this:

(Yamane is trying to light his cigar
A Girl Has No Name
1.5 stars rounded up to 2!

Well ... I hate rating books badly, but I really had a hard time with this one. I thought about DNF it several times, but due to the many good rating from Goodread friends I was still hoping to get into it.

I didn't, but I can understand all these positive ratings. This is a textbook case of it isn't you; it's me! I couldn't connect to the characters and I somewhat didn't care about what happened to them. I tried to, but it just didn't work out.

The plot could have wor
Heller
Oct 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
2.5

This was...different. I found myself liking Ran more than I did Rory because I didn't really understand where Rory's head was at in this book.

It was definitely a readable story. I did want to see how things worked out but the gay for you storyline I found didn't work for me for most of it.

Cute, interesting moments but the stalker storyline was a bit too heavy handed for me to really be drawn into the hijinks.
Trisha Harrington
I really seem to be one of the minority with this book. It was not my thing, at all. The dialogue fell flat and the feel of the story was not for me. Ran. Eh. He was alright I guess... Could very easily live without him and the whole Rory mistaking him for a girl thing. Rory was just Meh, it my eyes too.

Not going to write anything else, it's been a while, but I remember really disliking the book. Just didn't hate it.
Tammy
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have super mixed feelings on this one, first YESSSSS I did enjoy the book 😚!!!!! My point of contention was Yamane and some of his thoughtless acts that ripped apart Rory's heart. Rory was such a sweetheart and wanted nothing but for Yamane to be safe and loved... I was disappointed when there was a scene in the book (that still wasn't fully explained to Rory) where Yamane let his acquanintance Tucker talk him into letting Rory think the worst of a situation when at that point in the book I th ...more
Mar 20, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt-fiction
ory meets Yamane, the girl of his dreams, but it turns out she’s a man! Before he has a chance to figure out what that means, someone’s trying to kill him. Yamane needs a knight, and Rory is the only guy around.

This book is seriously cute. But, is one of those reads that you need to pull on you big suspension of disbelief pants for. Not that the book pretends to be anything other than this, it was quick, sweet, with over the top drama and much campy fun. It’s kinda yaoi in a way and reminded me
Tara
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
So I didn't even mean to start reading this book, no less read the first 190 pages in one sitting instead of sleeping, but there you have it. That being said I'm glad I did.

Rory Delaplaines, from Louisiana is in love with the woman of his dreams. Ran Yamane, the creator of his favorite graphic novels. She is going to be at a convention in California signing autographs so he decides to drive the 1500 miles to meet her, woo her and hopefully marry her. The only problem? Ran Yamane, is not a woman
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.3 Stars

This is the second book I've read (listened to) this week by ZAM that didn't feel like a ZAM book...and that's okay because I still really, really liked it. Not sure if because of that distinction or in spite of it, though.

Anywho, an exciting road-trip of a book that amped up to 11 all that evil villain cray. Seriously, from her first appearance I kept thinking, "What the actual fuck?" and despite how she was described/depicted my image of her kept morphing into Kathy Bates in Misery. (
F.
Not what I thought it would be - quite unbelievable but fun.. Looking back on it, it reads like a parody of a detective/James Bond type thing. But I still enjoyed it.
Erotic Horizon
May 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2009
Characters:

Rory - University student, working his way through the summer days at the local hang out. The grandson that his grandparents have a special affinity with and the mad insane boy who picks up and pack everything to travel hundreds of mile - all to meet the girl of his dreams.

Ran Yamane is the artist behind some phenomenally popular graphic works – he is also a recluse and has more ego issues than he knows what to do with. Sometimes too brassy for his own good, and with is lust for atten
Macky
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Have just finished " Drawn Together "and its taken me quite awhile to decide between giving this 5 stars or 4 stars and to be honest I'm still dithering! Apologies if seems long but its a complex book to review.

I have to start by saying it did give me a LOT of enjoyment but - and here come some negatives - it also made me so exasperated at times that some of that pleasure was diminished. Its one of those stories that makes you start analyzing situations and character choices whilst reading the b
Alex
Jun 28, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, queer
Drawn Together by Z.A. Maxfield

Overall:
I was really looking forward to this story, being the huge geek that I am. I actually saved to read this when I was at an anime convention (just to get in the mood of things)...it was kind of a let down. The writing was good and there were some great one liners, but overall the story didn't compell me. I felt as if this story should have studied the characters more and had the plot as secondary (and with a different plot).

What I liked
Overall I enjoy Ma
Eli Easton
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I finally tackled this one. I enjoyed it a lot. As always, Z.A. Maxfield is a very strong writer and I highlighted a number of passes that were just damned clever. A few samples:

"It's no lie, Amelia. Yamane's been done more times than the Macarena."

"I could not, would not, let her kill you."
"Who are you, Dr. Seuss?"

"I'm sorry I ever met you. I'm sorry I ever loved you." His strong fingers caressed Yamane's face. "And I'm damned sorry my grandparents are home right now."

"... that was as far as h
Yvonne
Jun 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Yvonne by: Smut Bitch
The plot is totally ludicrous, the action over the top & filled with exaggerated heroes & villains and it's all probably deliberately written that way. Zam has taken a true epic event, Hurricane Katrina & out of the floods created a hero Rory. He's Forrest Gump only smarter but equipped with that type of magical luck. Rory is on a quest to meet Ran Yamane, a manga artist he has idolized & who he believes is a woman. When he finds out Yamane is a man Rory doesn't turn back but becomes drawn to th ...more
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Trio
Jun 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Parts were enjoyable, but there was too much where I needed to completely suspend any notion of reality - pretty silly.

Greg Boudreaux was 100% perfect, as always!
Elisa Rolle
Everytime I read a new book by Z.A. Maxfield I wonder how can she manage to write something new everytime, and still be original and better than before. If you pick one per one all the books she wrote in less than a year, and try to compare them, it's almost like they are written by different authors. There is only one thing that is certain, that the two characters will fall in love and that their romance will be wonderful, even if not simple.

This last book starts as a funny romp to go through a

• Starstruck (Bluewater Bay, #1)
  • The One That Got Away
  • Dance With Me (Dancing, #1)
  • His for the Holidays
  • How to Howl at the Moon (Howl at the Moon, #1)
  • Sixty Five Hours (Sixty Five Hours, #1)
  • Fair Game (All's Fair, #1)
  • Acrobat
  • Hot Head (Head #1)
  • The Distance (Firsts and Forever, #11)
  • Change of Heart (Change of Heart, #1)
  • Without Reservations (With or Without #1)
  • The Husband Gambit
  • Spencer Cohen, Book One (Spencer Cohen, #1)
  • Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1)
  • Spice ‘n’ Solace (Galactic Alliance #1)
  • Nowhere Ranch
  • Bound by Deception (Bound, #1)